"Blockade" of Dav's Hope

Deleted member 182079

D
Because, why should you have too, just to facilitiate someone else's ability to play like a toxic child?
Because evading an attacker, ideally more than once, can be incredibly satisfying to pull off. Certainly gets my blood pumping, unlike the 1000th scripted and identikit NPC attempt.

PvP doesn't always have to be ending in tears if you don't run a combat PvP build.

Deleted member 182079

D
well, this is what kills it for me.
we, as members of the pilots federation, should not be allowed to run military builds (pvp only), but traders and miners and pax runners that have some ability to engage in combat.
It's the gap of imbalance that gets me, i.e. how big it can be if you're facing a meta ship, especially if you run a build that can sustain some fire but is focused on utility to get stuff done in the game; combined with a ram you won't have a lot of time to even decide whether you want to leg it or maybe put up with a fight (and then definitely draw the short straw).

I mean hot modules, who in management/design thought all that effort and complexity was worth the time?
Yikes, I'd forgotten about that. I mostly play so squeaky clean that it's not something I've directly experienced more than a couple of times when it was first introduced. But other than the entertainment value of seeing people bleating on the forums about how their murderboat was going to cost a squidillion credits to move ten light years because it was full of hot modules, it was a complete and utter waste of development time.

It's at this point that I used to advocate temporary impounding of ships that had been used in excessive capital crimes, something else that produced some quality forum whining. But these days, with so many CMDRs sitting on millions if not billions of credits and dozens of fully engineered modules in storage, many would just go and build another one. If indeed they didn't already have a spare on standby.

It's at this point that I used to advocate temporary impounding of ships that had been used in excessive capital crimes, something else that produced some quality forum whining. But these days, with so many CMDRs sitting on millions if not billions of credits and dozens of fully engineered modules in storage, many would just go and build another one. If indeed they didn't already have a spare on standby.
I think it's the last sentence there that's the issue, just like it is with the current C&P system.
Clean/lawful cmdrs don't tend to go looking up their nearest interstellar factors when they arrive in an area, for instance. That's something that people with the intent to do a bunch of crimes tend to do. Criminal cmdrs have their escape routes planned, they have a clean ship parked nearby that they can switch to while they wait for notoriety to wear off, and so on. They actively mitigate the effects of being wanted ahead of time so they don't have to worry about it.

Meanwhile, people that aren't career criminals by choice will do a scan mission or accidentally shoot a cop or some other thing, and they get thoroughly slapped by the long arm of the law - and despite what the demographics on these forums might suggest, cmdrs that are sitting on millions and billions of credits are a pretty small minority.

I think it's the last sentence there that's the issue, just like it is with the current C&P system.
Clean/lawful cmdrs don't tend to go looking up their nearest interstellar factors when they arrive in an area, for instance. That's something that people with the intent to do a bunch of crimes tend to do. Criminal cmdrs have their escape routes planned, they have a clean ship parked nearby that they can switch to while they wait for notoriety to wear off, and so on. They actively mitigate the effects of being wanted ahead of time so they don't have to worry about it.

Meanwhile, people that aren't career criminals by choice will do a scan mission or accidentally shoot a cop or some other thing, and they get thoroughly slapped by the long arm of the law - and despite what the demographics on these forums might suggest, cmdrs that are sitting on millions and billions of credits are a pretty small minority.
I agree with this for the most part. I'm not sure what that says about me as I always have the nearest I.F. in my escape route during ops. Accidents happen or I find that notorious griefer that happens to be clean atm.

While I never attacked a clean CMDR, and have certainly never popped another CMDR's ship, seeing shieldless vessels in Open (if they're slow/big at least - I do fly a shieldless FAS which is quite sturdy even in PvP) makes me re-consider my golden rule of not attacking the innocent. I'm holding out, but just about.

You should try it at least once, leave them with dead thrusters if you don't want to kill them, but it's quite therapeutic. A couple of days ago I educated the first person about using AX-weapons in Colonia.

Or, Mobius, where there's the enjoyment of community, without the agro of toxicity.

How are you guys settling bgs disputes or CZs there both sites are supported? I can't get my head around that. I can shoot everybody but the ones who have the biggest impact on my work I only can watch? Or is there no rival BGS stuff going on?

well, this is what kills it for me.
we, as members of the pilots federation, should not be allowed to run military builds (pvp only), but traders and miners and pax runners that have some ability to engage in combat.

But you can do that, you just have to find out if the other pilot is any good. You would be surprised how many are just as average as any other CMDR. If you met one of the top 10% of all CMDRs out there, then it's time for a brave Sir Robin. Just like as it's told by the lore.

Still desperately trying to cover up your criminal past, eh Mookie? We all know the truth. The heady days of space piracy, slave trading, contraband smuggling, and the time you kited that Thargoid Medusa into President Hudson's shower stall aren't that far behind you.
Nope, not me, umm errr, can't be me, I am a White Knight and all that, I wouldn't hurt a fly. And no one can prove it was me at the Hudson Manor, I had disabled the camera.... whoops

It's funny how quickly some people in the PvP camp can suddenly become very moral about how people use the modes. Is there a double standard here, or do PvPers have the only sovereignty in interpreting "morality"? Or do I possibly need to point out the various conversations about "seal-clubbing"?
I don't quite understand. I'm not talking about mode morality. I'm talking about having a spine when it comes to the consequences of our decisions, and learning from what happens to us.

Sorry, but the sentence I've quoted sounds like a very moralic announcer, insulting and judging on top of it. If you didn't mean that, perhaps try another wording? Or maybe I need to be a little more specific. Whenever it comes to pseudo moralic arguments, PvPers insist on just using what the game allows and act in between it's boundaries. Mode hopping might be often condemned by PvPers but isn't that pretty much the same (a)busing of the game's mechanics? That's what I mean with "double standards".
How are PvPers "abusing" mechanics by shooting other pilots?

Also, if I say mode hopping and combat logging are spineless, that has nothing to do with morality, but it is judgemental. Intentionally.

First off, I used the a in brackets for a reason while assuming you're intelligent enough to get my point. Secondly, mode hopping are legal game mechanics, combat logging not. I wasn't even aware we're talking about combat logging here...
I consider switching modes specifically to avoid combat by submitting to interdiction and dropping to the menu to be just as reprehensible as combat logging. Also, you really have to spell things out for me. I'm an incredibly stupid person, so I'm not too comfortable with nuance.

I honestly get sick of mergs defending what happens in Open. It's such . It's not that kind of game.

It took me like a week to get how the game is in relation to PVP and this pretty much just killed any desire I had to engage in combat with other ships. I've never once fired on any defenseless ship in this game (players. obv sometimes u see shieldless combat ships in cz or res what. I can recall seeing a shieldless t9 in low CZ once I u not.). Only reason I would do it now is for PowerPlay.

Chocies and consquenincs and what a load. Stop wrecking ppls day u rejects.

breaking-news (3).png

Deleted member 192138

D
Because, why should you have too, just to facilitiate someone else's ability to play like a toxic child?
If you want to play in open you can be shot by other players and should be prepared for that - whether it's by building your ship accordingly or making sure you have rebuy. f you have trouble with emotionally engaging with this concept you are more than welcome to use private groups and solo.

Top Bottom