Framerate/lag

Trying to land at farseer inc I keep getting screen freezes as I approach the planet. First time I reloaded and tried again. It happened again the frame rate stuttered then froze for about 30 secs as I was closing in
I'm not sure this is frame rates or lag because I don't seem to have any lag with anything else internet related.

I noticed it the other day too. Seems to be working fine just jumping between systems and super cruising but approaching broos legacing planet in muang it nearly froze again. No issues coming into a coriolis station though

Last edited:

Thwarptide

Banned
Trying to land at farseer inc I keep getting screen freezes as I approach the planet. First time I reloaded and tried again. It happened again the frame rate stuttered then froze for about 30 secs as I was closing in
I'm not sure this is frame rates or lag because I don't seem to have any lag with anything else internet related.
When was the last time you defrag'd your PS?

Source: https://youtu.be/ynQzWLg8fcg

Last edited:
Also on PS4. Had the same thing at Farseer, and also Didi Vartamann base, but not at Qwent or Palin. Farseer and Vartamann did seem to have more FCs in the vicinity of their planets, and I've only noticed this after the FC update so...

Never had framerate issues like this before the FCs arrived.

Also noticed a weird new thing at Meredith City in LFT 926 (there's a material trader there) - the supercruise countdown no longer seems accurate when approaching the station and the station seems to try and run away from you.
The count continues down below the 7 second mark even when throttled right down.
Using Supercruise Assist seems to work fine but approaching the old-fashion manual way is only possible by watching the km distance closely and hitting disengage at the right moment (the disengage prompt doesn't appear as normal). Large number of FCs in the area on this occasion too.

I'll go have a look on the issue tracker.

Last edited:
PS4 in general has always been much slower to transition in/out of supercruise and witch space than PC.

The same with framerate drops , environment pop-in when landing on planets, and entering the glide phase, etc.

Activities such as entering a combat zone near a ring, with 2 Capital ships in the CZ and a wing of other Commanders are almost unplayable.

That Fleet Carriers amplify the problem further is not surprising.

This is why we have lower textured cabins, fewer asteroids, fewer NPC's, etc.

I have the same issue when approaching Meredith City in LFT 926. Frame rate drops and some times it happens that it freezes for 1 or 2 seconds. I think due to the presence of many FC around that station.

On other stations, I have no performance problems.

Me personally, I think it's time for Fdev to put a cap on it how many carriers can be in a system, the lag is too much, and tbh, why must they all be at the engineer systems? Sitting there and doing nothing. Same at HIP 36601, more than 20 carriers are just sitting there, why? Put a cap on it, simple.

It is very strange, for some systems it doesn't happen. For example, I'm participating in the "Turning the Wheel" event. Currently, we are in the Anyanwu fighting the opposite faction in the Conflict Zone. CZs are between two planets, and around them, there are plenty of FC but no performance issues.

In Colonia, due to the sheer volume of carriers there, it takes a fair bit longer to get into the system.

I’ve noticed framerate issues all over the place, like little hiccups. I’ve always had framerate issues spinning into the contacts panel when in combat with more than 10 ships.

I just wish FDev could get the Quality mode working again on PS4 Pro.

o7

Top Bottom