What other games are we all playing?

The video from SM seems to indicate that
1) They had wurmies years before launch, but
2) they were only fun for a trailer, but not in a game

... so definitely a dig at SC :D

Source: https://youtu.be/MtTxZSonEkA?t=293

(4:53 if you need the time)
I just looked it up, and not sure if this includes Planet Zoo and Coaster, but FDEV has 500 employees.... Hello Games, 26. Yet, Hello Games can update NMS with an entire new universe with millions of new and different looking planets, new life forms (sand worms finally!), rivers, volcanoes, dust storms, etc. We get, legs and maybe some atmosphere on planets? Huh?! What, exactly, are 500 employees doing, besides constantly nerfing and breaking stuff? I guess I'll have to wait for this Odyssey to see all their hard work ;)

She informed me yesterday that she's having my Xbox one X for the living room...since I don't use it that much..and she wants to get back to playing Skyrim. I cheekily suggested that I'd have to go buy one the of the new big boy pants series X if she did that. She asked if it was expensive...I hit back with "It's an extra £18 per month over what I'm paying for gamepass ultimate if I pay monthly...but it comes with 2 years of gamepass ultimate as part of the package"...

Surprisingly, she told me to get one when it appears.... very suspiscious...she must be after a new Land Rover to tow her horses about or something :oops:

Tread carefully. There's a hidden catch in there somewhere... though you may have to activate stealth mode to find it. ;) :ROFLMAO:

She informed me yesterday that she's having my Xbox one X for the living room...since I don't use it that much..and she wants to get back to playing Skyrim.I
Good. Especially seeing Todd Howard--with his newly minted personal valuation at $150M in stock option net worth--has now achieved omnipotent and omniscient God level status in the industry. This now means he's no longer bound by the mortal burdens of project cost, labor hours, and production schedule. God Howard is now free to create whatever his heart desires.

So if she waits just a couple months later, she'll have the ultimate convenience of being able to play Skyrim off her toaster. All for the whopping subscription price of $1 USD. Or on any IoT device in your home come to think of it....... :sneaky:

Good. Especially seeing Todd Howard--with his newly minted personal valuation at $150M in stock option net worth--has now achieved omnipotent and omniscient God level status in the industry. This now means he's no longer bound by the mortal burdens of project cost, labor hours, and production schedule. God Howard is now free to create whatever his heart desires.

So if she waits just a couple months later, she'll have the ultimate convenience of being able to play Skyrim off her toaster. All for the whopping subscription price of $1 USD. Or on any IoT device in your home come to think of it....... :sneaky:
She used to play Skyrim a lot back on the Xbox one when it first came out...same with the original red dead. I've got both of those in my Xbox game library already, same as she has on her old Xbox account. She lost interest for a few years but decided she wants to while away her spare time playing the Xbox instead of watching TV...she's already got most of my PC cast offs, I built her a system using one of my old Corsair cases and add bits to it as I upgrade mine...a quite tasty system I may add since it's all my old bits... it's not some ancient electronic clunker only fit for solitaire :D

But...she wants the comfort of couch gaming... so who am I to complain ? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I'm actually downloading this now. Totally reworked and more varied generation and they even added the Dune worms? Yesssssss.
Long time no see Nef, nice to see you around the forum again mate...unless you've just been hiding over in the Xbox section all this time... since I don't pop in there too often these days :D

Excellent. If she's playing PC platform, be sure that she

1. AVOIDS downloading ANYTHING from Bethesda's doxxing bug infested forum like the plague. Then

2. Have her head to the source where the real modding community hangs out (some 99.9999% of the stuff Bethesda has on their site originates from Nexusmods. Where the TES gaming world community modder creators reside. Have her create a free account and then download at minimum

0. Loot and Wrye Bash and/or Mod Organizer 2. These are mandatory mod utilities that will make adding mods to your game a relatively pain free experience. At minimum get Loot and Wrye Bash as MO2 is more for advanced users.

1. Arthmoor's Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch (USSEP) BECAUSE 6.8M PPL CAN'T BE WRONG. ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY. DON'T ARGUE WITH OR QUESTION ME. JUST DO IT. Must download this even if you download nothing else for the game. Arthmoor fixed ALL of the game breaking bugs Bethesda couldn't be bothered to fix after game release since 2011. Minus the chronic, proprietary game engine ones that date back to as far as Morrowind. Three other mandatory mods from Arthmoor to enhance game play performance:
  • Run for Your Lives/When Vamps Attack (merged mod forces NPCs to run and hide in safety of their homes/inns and indoors from Dragons and Vampires),
  • Cutting Room Floor (does what it says on the tin aka restores cut content Bethesda left from game), and
  • Alternate Start - Live Another Life. Really critical if you're the type of gamer who frequently rolls different character builds, want a change of scenery besides the fated vanilla hay ride, love a PC backstory, or simply don't want to keep entertaining yourself. Having to tolerate the appearance of that insufferable, egotistical flying Aedric lizard. And especially having to re-live watching poor Lokir get the Guinness Book record for being the first NPC to die in game.
2. Chesko's Frostfall and Campfire and SSE updates. Again MANDATORY. Skyrim is a cold, artic based province with four seasons and many various biomes. This amazing mod suite has a wide range of weather and climates. Which in turn, will obnoxiously prod you to remind your PC to dress appropriate. And plan ahead before they travel to the artic/tundra regions (Winterhold and Throat of the World etc).But all that aside, do install this. It's Chesko's last gift to the TES community before leaving the TES universe for better things.

3. Isoku's Wet and Cold and the Holidays mod. The former gives your PC a realistic body temperature response to the elements and environment. Going swimming in the Sea of Ghosts should've killed you within minutes from exposure of any skinny dipping. Now --with this mod working in concert with Chesko's Frostfall, it most definitely does.

The latter mod consists of festive NPC community events based on TES lore holidays and festivals Which cause NPCs to gather in the town squares, inns and taverns to eat and drunkenly celebrate events. Holidays dedicated to game events like the end to the Civil War. And even the Dovhakin's birthday! The Harvest's End holiday is my favorite, because the NPCs behave exactly as described here. My DB Dovahkin had a blast drunkenly chasing one of the village goats around the town with the kids. :LOL: In fact, just get any and all environmental and realism mods by Isoku (aka Wonders of Weather, Realistic Water 2 etc). The guy's a freaking genius.

4. JohnnyWang13's Cathedral Weathers and Seasons. What is says on the tin. And because Bethesda's vanilla weather & lighting system was a complete joke. If you install the Wet & Cold mod (with Frostfall & Campfire), now getting wet will increase your exposure to the elements. Which can and will result in your PC's untimely death if they don't find a way to dry off (build campfire, drink hot teas/warm stews, change your clothes etc etc). Also get Minty's Lighting During Storms mod and Supreme & Volumetric Fog which are companion mods as well.

5. Hunterborn and Real Wildlife Skyrim. Vanilla Skyrim should've been teeming with wildlife that you could hunt. Now you can chase that cheeky reindeer halfway across Skyrim with the proper hunting equipment. And then enjoy an immersive RDR style skinning animation once you catch it. Also get Fishing in Skyrim - because Nords, contrary to popular opinion, are not barbarians. At least where it comes to grabbing fish out streams and rivers with their bare hands.

6. Northern Bathhouses and Bathing in Skyrim mods. Because the Dovahkin DOES get filthy from his dungeon crawling and wilderness adventuring exploits every day.

7. Realistic Needs and Diseases (RND). Gives your PC a stomach and appetite. And they can catch disease from food poisonings and other maladies like wound infections, hangover from drunkeness, sleep deprivation etc. Also adds immersive features like food spoilage and milking cows. Designed to work with Frostfall/Campfire, Hunterborn and 90% of the mods on this list due to a huge number of patches.

8. Vurt's Skyrim Flora Overhaul. Makes Skyrim the Scandinavian alpine forest it should've been at launch. And makes all other biomes even better

9. Mealtime - A Food and Recipe mod Had to link this one. With this amazing food mod, both vanilla and custom made food found in Skyrim is finally food they can enjoy. Thank the Nine! One of the Best food mods to date. Let's your PC cook, brew up and eat a ton of stews, soups, salads, roasted meats, dairy, bakery goods, alcohol/spirits etc. etc. with RND installed. Works perfectly with Frostfall Campfire.

10. At minimum, these amazing locations and/or quest mods:
  • Beyond Skyrim Bruma Series: Because 410K+ Skyrim fan bois can't be wrong. Burma Opens southern Skryim border so you can play in northern Cyrodil
  • Legendary Cities - TES Arena: adds back several immersive and legacy TES 1: Arena towns and villages with NPCs etc. all over the map
  • Legacy of the Dragonborn Museum. A LEVIATHAN compilation of several popular quest and location mods (to include likes of Moonpath to Elysweyer etc). If you have Arthmoor's Live Another Life, then you can start the story as a Museum curator and adventurer. You'll begin the game at the Solitude Docks where you'll be met by a NPC who directs you to your new career at the Solitude Museum. If you have this mod, be sure to
  • Solitude Expansion Mandatory overhaul and remake of Solitude exterior. What the capitol of Skyrim should've been at release on 11.11.11
  • Lakeview (Hearthfire home) Expanded. AC3s version is here and AndreaA's Lakeview Manor As It Should Be. the AndreaA modder is probably a irl home interior designer. Because Oh my God. o_O But IMO AC3s is slightly the better of the two as it mods only the exterior. Leaving you free to pick whatever custom home mods you want for the interior. AC3s version also adds several immersive NPCs ranging from security detail consisting of NPC guards and mage, apothecary, smith, gardener, fishery & fisherman, a vampire jail warden (who likes to "host" criminal NPCs in her jail for "experimental studies", and several other staff who protect the premises from bandits, random rogue Aedric dragons, hostile critters, vamp Lords, DB cultists, and your 6 psychotic children (If you've installed TMPhoenix HF Adoption mod that let's you adopt up to 6 kids). And oh yeah, that annoying giant neighbor who lives in the Giant camp just due east. He likes to pop in for tea and crumpets once in a while. So he can off with your cattle. :)

Last edited:
Excellent. If she's playing PC platform, be sure that she

1. AVOIDS downloading ANYTHING from Bethesda's doxxing bug infested forum like the plague. Then

2. Have her head to the source where the real modding community hangs out (some 99.9999% of the stuff Bethesda has on their site originates from Nexusmods. Where the TES gaming world community modder creators reside. Have her create a free account and then download at minimum

0. Loot and Wrye Bash and/or Mod Organizer 2. These are mandatory mod utilities that will make adding mods to your game a relatively pain free experience. At minimum get Loot and Wrye Bash as MO2 is more for advanced users.

1. Arthmoor's Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch (USSEP) BECAUSE 6.8M PPL CAN'T BE WRONG. ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY. DON'T ARGUE WITH OR QUESTION ME. JUST DO IT. Must download this even if you download nothing else for the game. Arthmoor fixed ALL of the game breaking bugs Bethesda couldn't be bothered to fix after game release since 2011. Minus the chronic, proprietary game engine ones that date back to as far as Morrowind. Three other mandatory mods from Arthmoor to enhance game play performance:
  • Run for Your Lives/When Vamps Attack (merged mod forces NPCs to run and hide in safety of their homes/inns and indoors from Dragons and Vampires),
  • Cutting Room Floor (does what it says on the tin aka restores cut content Bethesda left from game), and
  • Alternate Start - Live Another Life. Really critical if you're the type of gamer who frequently rolls different character builds, want a change of scenery besides the fated vanilla hay ride, love a PC backstory, or simply don't want to keep entertaining yourself. Having to tolerate the appearance of that insufferable, egotistical flying Aedric lizard. And especially having to re-live watching poor Lokir get the Guinness Book record for being the first NPC to die in game.
2. Chesko's Frostfall and Campfire and SSE updates. Again MANDATORY. Skyrim is a cold, artic based province with four seasons and many various biomes. This amazing mod suite has a wide range of weather and climates. Which in turn, will obnoxiously prod you to remind your PC to dress appropriate. And plan ahead before they travel to the artic/tundra regions (Winterhold and Throat of the World etc).But all that aside, do install this. It's Chesko's last gift to the TES community before leaving the TES universe for better things.

3. Isoku's Wet and Cold and the Holidays mod. The former gives your PC a realistic body temperature response to the elements and environment. Going swimming in the Sea of Ghosts should've killed you within minutes from exposure of any skinny dipping. Now --with this mod working in concert with Chesko's Frostfall, it most definitely does.

The latter mod consists of festive NPC community events based on TES lore holidays and festivals Which cause NPCs to gather in the town squares, inns and taverns to eat and drunkenly celebrate events. Holidays dedicated to game events like the end to the Civil War. And even the Dovhakin's birthday! The Harvest's End holiday is my favorite, because the NPCs behave exactly as described here. My DB Dovahkin had a blast drunkenly chasing one of the village goats around the town with the kids. :LOL: In fact, just get any and all environmental and realism mods by Isoku (aka Wonders of Weather, Realistic Water 2 etc). The guy's a freaking genius.

4. JohnnyWang13's Cathedral Weathers and Seasons. What is says on the tin. And because Bethesda's vanilla weather & lighting system was a complete joke. If you install the Wet & Cold mod (with Frostfall & Campfire), now getting wet will increase your exposure to the elements. Which can and will result in your PC's untimely death if they don't find a way to dry off (build campfire, drink hot teas/warm stews, change your clothes etc etc). Also get Minty's Lighting During Storms mod and Supreme & Volumetric Fog which are companion mods as well.

5. Hunterborn and Real Wildlife Skyrim. Vanilla Skyrim should've been teeming with wildlife that you could hunt. Now you can chase that cheeky reindeer halfway across Skyrim with the proper hunting equipment. And then enjoy an immersive RDR style skinning animation once you catch it. Also get Fishing in Skyrim - because Nords, contrary to popular opinion, are not barbarians. At least where it comes to grabbing fish out streams and rivers with their bare hands.

6. Northern Bathhouses and Bathing in Skyrim mods. Because the Dovahkin DOES get filthy from his dungeon crawling and wilderness adventuring exploits every day.

7. Realistic Needs and Diseases (RND). Gives your PC a stomach and appetite. And they can catch disease from food poisonings and other maladies like wound infections, hangover from drunkeness, sleep deprivation etc. Also adds immersive features like food spoilage and milking cows. Designed to work with Frostfall/Campfire, Hunterborn and 90% of the mods on this list due to a huge number of patches.

8. Vurt's Skyrim Flora Overhaul. Makes Skyrim the Scandinavian alpine forest it should've been at launch. And makes all other biomes even better

9. Mealtime - A Food and Recipe mod Had to link this one. With this amazing food mod, both vanilla and custom made food found in Skyrim is finally food they can enjoy. Thank the Nine! One of the Best food mods to date. Let's your PC cook, brew up and eat a ton of stews, soups, salads, roasted meats, dairy, bakery goods, alcohol/spirits etc. etc. with RND installed. Works perfectly with Frostfall Campfire.

10. At minimum, these amazing locations and/or quest mods:
  • Beyond Skyrim Bruma Series: Because 410K+ Skyrim fan bois can't be wrong. Burma Opens southern Skryim border so you can play in northern Cyrodil
  • Legendary Cities - TES Arena: adds back several immersive and legacy TES 1: Arena towns and villages with NPCs etc. all over the map
  • Legacy of the Dragonborn Museum. A LEVIATHAN compilation of several popular quest and location mods (to include likes of Moonpath to Elysweyer etc). If you have Arthmoor's Live Another Life, then you can start the story as a Museum curator and adventurer. You'll begin the game at the Solitude Docks where you'll be met by a NPC who directs you to your new career at the Solitude Museum. If you have this mod, be sure to
  • Solitude Expansion Mandatory overhaul and remake of Solitude exterior. What the capitol of Skyrim should've been at release on 11.11.11
  • Lakeview (Hearthfire home) Expanded. AC3s version is here and AndreaA's Lakeview Manor As It Should Be. the AndreaA modder is probably a irl home interior designer. Because Oh my God. o_O But IMO AC3s is slightly the better of the two as it mods only the exterior. Leaving you free to pick whatever custom home mods you want for the interior. AC3s version also adds several immersive NPCs ranging from security detail consisting of NPC guards and mage, apothecary, smith, gardener, fishery & fisherman, a vampire jail warden (who likes to "host" criminal NPCs in her jail for "experimental studies", and several other staff who protect the premises from bandits, random rogue Aedric dragons, hostile critters, vamp Lords, DB cultists, and your 6 psychotic children (If you've installed TMPhoenix HF Adoption mod that let's you adopt up to 6 kids). And oh yeah, that annoying giant neighbor who lives in the Giant camp just due east. He likes to pop in for tea and crumpets once in a while. So he can off with your cattle. :)
She's playing on Xbox remember...no mods for Skyrim on there :)

Besides, I've been a paying subbie at The Nexus for many years...my PC versions of practically everything has already been modded ...

Last edited:
I'm still playing older games. I don't see much in the newer ones.
I like some old(er) stuff too on occasion...depends on what you mean by older games. The Witcher 3 or LA Noire..original Red Dead Redemption on Xbox are about my limit for going backwards though. I didn't build a nice PC to play stuff I could run on my 4 slice toaster. Nostalgia is great as long as it's just the memories you cling onto :)

There's lots of new stuff appearing all the time that rates some merit... although the majority of stuff coming from major AAA game publishers certainly doesn't. Like most things, there are exceptions.

She's playing on Xbox remember...no mods for Skyrim on there :)

Besides, I've been a paying subbie at The Nexus for many years...my PC versions of practically everything has already been modded ...
Wrong.

What I should have said in my scathing jibe at Bugthesda's forum is that their-- and only their forum -- is the only site where console gamers can access PC mods. Howard made sure he officially cut Nexusmods and all other 3rd party sites out the loop when he officially monopolized the distribution of PC mods officially made mods available to the massive console community beginning with FO4. So you can get them for SSE and Fallout 4 on their official site here:

And if you can't see that page, it's because Bugthesda mandates everyone nees a Bugthesda forum account hence the secure part of the URL. Which is about the only way you can now launch the game (aka the SSE version and not legacy Oldrim). Works the same for Steam/GOG. So the good news on this policy is the theft of player mods via console and PC platforms has been terminated. Thanks to backend verification to Bugthesda's network from places like Steam and M$ accounts.
Howard made sure he created a proprietary forum on which Bugthesda could pawn and plunder the intellectual capital of the PC modding community. All at zero acquisition cost. The majority of the mods are freely available on the Xbox download part of the site. But only the best of these (e.g. Fadingsignal's inferior replica of Chesko's Frostfall/Campfire) are securely locked behind the Bugthesda's online store paywall/season pass.

Despite that, all the mods on Bugthesda's site showcase some of the best talent the PC nexusmodding community has to offer. Bugthesda made sure they only selected the best modders on Nexusmods. At least the ones who opted to sell their souls and mods for the fixed fee pittance Bugthesda exploits TES modders for. While they rake in millions in profit from selling the same piece of DLC pixel content indefinitely to the hungry and deprived console masses.

That's why you ALWAYS play on a PC and not console. The former is the digital reincarnation of an immortal deity. It allows you to do ANYTHING (aka do your taxes, write a thesis, Zoom chat/attend school online etc. etc. While simultaneously playing Ultra HD/VR ED, GTAO, Skyrim etc. And while chilling with Netflix while surfing /adult rated naughty sites other sites on the web :p

But unfortunately, the latter is only limited to doing exactly one of these things. Two if you're got cable access via TV. Which makes it a glorified boat anchor by default (sorry not bashing here. Just stating the truth).. Because you end up paying MORE $$$ in the long run. For the ransom you pay in higher price of games, associated DLC, and any other DLC from live con man AAA studios the likes of EA, Activision, Rockstar, and now recently Bugthesda. :(

Anyways, since the console end is what you've got, might as well take advantage of downloading those mods I listed. They're all still available as M$ merger has (thankfully) yet to affect this (knock on wood). And best part, the DLC are 100% BUG FREE. I know. Because I was one of millions of PCMR fan boys who tested the alpha, beta, gamma, delta etc versions of these mods in my 1000+ hrs of saves since 2011. So 99.99999% the bugs, glitches, rattles and shakes have been ironed out of these mods for console gamers to date. :ROFLMAO: And also because as we all know, Bugthesda won't permit any other buggy 3rd party software on their thieving scam site besides their own DLC titles. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sadly most new games are just sad repeats of older games.
Lame shooter's at best.
No story, no content.
MP games are dead. Elite has pg and solo. Open has nothing to offer.
Here's hoping FD brings some content to the game for everyone.

I like your english traditional and english american sig
Pilots worldwide speak american english because no one can understand brit's that can't pronounce the english language clearly..

I like your english traditional and english american sig
Pilots worldwide speak american english because no one can understand brit's that can't pronounce the english language clearly..
I can imagine British Airways pilots putting on a fake American accent just to make you right. You need to get out more :D

Top Bottom