Been Gone Since Summer Last Year...So, What Did I Miss?

Troubles with the 'puter, severe disappointment with the carriers, yadda, yadda, yadda.

So today I managed to get the game running again and spent the day configuring my controllers and remembering how to drive a space ship. I even managed to kill a few pirates and earned over 20 mil in the process even though I don't need the credits any more.

I've noticed some differences on the mission board, primarily load and reduced payout. Did they crush mining? Are we still going to get the 'COD on dead rocks' update this year?

(yea, I just read the announcement/update)

Hope everyone got through last year OK.

Combat pays more, mining pays a bit less and core mining is at the back of the bus. That's all that's changed, all the bugs you know and love have been preserved in pristine condition.

Combat pays more, mining pays a bit less and core mining is at the back of the bus. That's all that's changed, all the bugs you know and love have been preserved in pristine condition.
Pulse Wave Scanner bug got fixed though depending on when OP left they might have missed it even getting introduced.

• GalNet and CGs are back in full swing
  • A limited range of double engineered modules got introduced, most interesting of them being a 5A FSD combining (stacking) Increased Range with Faster Boot Sequence
  • Odyssey is still scheduled for this year but console release got pushed further back than PC

5A FSD? I could use one of those. So is there a special way to get it, or can I just buy it at Jameson?

I kinda missed you folks with the odd humor. Good for a chuckle a day, at least. :)

This is not surprising (about the bugs). After all the mining to get a carrier (which I won't do now), I'm done with mining. For a while at least. It doesn't look like missions pay much anymore either, so I guess I'll go flame some bad guys in the meantime.

So are we getting any changes to the planets and moons we can land on? Like an atmosphere or flora or fauna? Not really interested in a FPS in my spaceship game, but any changes like that could keep me interested for a bit.

Last edited:
Buy it with mats at a Human Tech Broker.
Note: Buy, not unlock.
Yep! I just bought two of those thingies. Pretty cool gadget :alien:(y) Now my ASPx jumps 73 ly with a SRV, a shield and other stuffs. I also recall that I just needed a little more jump range for my Python bus that I use for Sothis, so I bought another one for that. Now I just need to figure out, what it was that didn't work.

This is really nice. It puts the ASPx and the Phantom close to a jumpaconca. Maybe it even helps the DBX scooping with a few tweaks.

Yep! I just bought two of those thingies. Pretty cool gadget :alien:(y) Now my ASPx jumps 73 ly with a SRV, a shield and other stuffs. I also recall that I just needed a little more jump range for my Python bus that I use for Sothis, so I bought another one for that. Now I just need to figure out, what it was that didn't work.

This is really nice. It puts the ASPx and the Phantom close to a jumpaconca. Maybe it even helps the DBX scooping with a few tweaks.

I'll have to figure out where to find a human tech broker, but I should be able to figure that out. I like to drive my Corvette quite a bit, so any boost in jump range for it would be really appreciated. (y)

Any unusual/rare mats required for these things?

I'll have to figure out where to find a human tech broker, but I should be able to figure that out. I like to drive my Corvette quite a bit, so any boost in jump range for it would be really appreciated. (y)

Any unusual/rare mats required for these things?
I only wrote down the ones I had to go and trade:
10 datamined wake exceptions
10 electrochemical arrays

Note that you "unlock" one FSD that will be put in your storage. You can then transfer it or mount it to the ship you're in.

Also note that these are only class 5. They wont do much good for a Vette.

Edit: These would be damn nice as class 4 as well (for my exploration Mamba)

Thanks, I'm slowly getting back into this game and it's a bit of a uphill slog. ;)

EDIT: I was thinking of a fsd booster? Sounds like a good excuse. :D
The booster and the double engineered FSD is a sweet combo, and the booster works wonders on the Vette as well.

Don't worry about getting back in the game. Notice how easy it is to remember muscle memory. I can't remember my bindings if I were to write them down, but in game, I don't even think about it. Now, if only I had spent those thousands of hours on coding python or playing a musical instrument,,,

Troubles with the 'puter, severe disappointment with the carriers, yadda, yadda, yadda.

So today I managed to get the game running again and spent the day configuring my controllers and remembering how to drive a space ship. I even managed to kill a few pirates and earned over 20 mil in the process even though I don't need the credits any more.

I've noticed some differences on the mission board, primarily load and reduced payout. Did they crush mining? Are we still going to get the 'COD on dead rocks' update this year?

(yea, I just read the announcement/update)

Hope everyone got through last year OK.
I don't think much has changed. Not too sure what you mean by CoD on dead rocks. Fish generally need water to survive in.

I don't think much has changed. Not too sure what you mean by CoD on dead rocks. Fish generally need water to survive in.

Ah. Brainless FPS on our otherwise unchanged dead planets we can land on. But it looks like there are some changes coming to the planets. Any change should be better than what we have now. Or that's just my opinion anyway.

And a o7 back you Sir. :)

It's Mr. Or at least it was for over 60 years. But nowadays, who knows?

It's probably easiest to look down your trousers to establish which it is. If you see anything sticking out, you win a Mr prize. If you see nothing but shady areas, then perhaps it's a mystery, to use a terrible pun.

I always thought it was Mr, but you gotta be careful these days. Welcome back anyhow mate o7

Top Bottom