Player Death

if people go around and accidentally shoot turrets, maybe they should add a one second press and hold delay so this doesn´t happen:devilish:

more serious:
it takes a lot to destroy them, so scratching the shields shouldn´t give a bounty(imo)
hopefully they will implement a damage threshold, like they did with system security ships in the past.

I'm confused, whenever I die in similar circumstances I can respawn in my ship with the mission being failed?

Do you only got to prison if you use the taxis?

There's at least one other way to get a bounty at an inactive settlement. Should your ship get too close to a landing pad you'll get a fine, as usual. But if you leave the ship there so long that the settlement would normally destroy it, that fine will turn into a bounty. This makes sense - the faction's settlement has decided to destroy you on sight - but it can still lead to unpleasant surprises.

I'm confused, whenever I die in similar circumstances I can respawn in my ship with the mission being failed?

Do you only got to prison if you use the taxis?

I think it can depend where you leave your ship (as in, on the ground, dismissed to orbit or on a pad), not entirely sure and although I have died and had 3 different scenarios a lot (spawn on ship in orbit, in prison with no ship, in prison with ship) I didn't note the circumstances properly.

Still, a taxi journey is better than it costing 25 million for new guns and suites each time, you could even lose your ship if they (Fdev) wanted to be evil, scav's pick it apart whilst you are 100's of LY's away, although 10-15 mins of hands off "gameplay" getting back to your ship is a bit lame, would rather my ship followed (which it sometimes doesn't) but I'll take it as is ;)

I think it can depend where you leave your ship (as in, on the ground, dismissed to orbit or on a pad), not entirely sure and although I have died and had 3 different scenarios a lot (spawn on ship in orbit, in prison with no ship, in prison with ship) I didn't note the circumstances properly.

Still, a taxi journey is better than it costing 25 million for new guns and suites each time, you could even lose your ship if they (Fdev) wanted to be evil, scav's pick it apart whilst you are 100's of LY's away, although 10-15 mins of hands off "gameplay" getting back to your ship is a bit lame, would rather my ship followed (which it sometimes doesn't) but I'll take it as is ;)
My typical experience (probably in anarchy system):

Accept Scavenger Removal mission

Arrive on planet, park ship a couple of kliks out

Drive SRV to settlement and park about 60 m out

Engage enemy

Die

Wake up in ship in orbit around planet. Mission failed. Usually no fine. SRV gone.

Yep, exactly. And then you go to the forums to ask an honest question and... oh well, let's just say it doesn't help :)
Well, this thread has been a great illustration of the point that the players themselves don't know for certain what's going on in many cases - you can come to the forum and ask, but especially with newer systems like Odyssey the best on offer is anecdotes and educated guesses. (Also salt and memes, which isn't to everybody's taste, but it IS the internet we're talking about here.) It certainly doesn't help that there are cases where the in-game behavior is demonstrably different from what Frontier says it should be.

If Odyssey would quit changing for a bit I'm sure someone would come along to perform some carefully documented experiments and untangle exactly what happens when. The ED community is actually really great for that kind of thing! However there's less incentive to start on that when it seems that behaviors will be in flux on a regular basis for the foreseeable future as Odyssey updates continue to land.

This still happening for me - every time I am wanted and die - I respawn in a detention centre where I can book a shuttle but the lift refuses me entry to the shuttle. Annoying like hell. I have created an issue tracker bug report as support kindly keep having to move me back to a nearby station but this really needs fixing.
Is anybody else getting this issue?
@sallymorganmoore issue tracker link is https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/41584
Do we know if this is on a known list of bugs? and fixes?

My typical experience (probably in anarchy system):

Accept Scavenger Removal mission

Arrive on planet, park ship a couple of kliks out

Drive SRV to settlement and park about 60 m out

Engage enemy

Die

Wake up in ship in orbit around planet. Mission failed. Usually no fine. SRV gone.
This is exactly how I do it, and also is what happens when I die.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
This still happening for me - every time I am wanted and die - I respawn in a detention centre where I can book a shuttle but the lift refuses me entry to the shuttle. Annoying like hell. I have created an issue tracker bug report as support kindly keep having to move me back to a nearby station but this really needs fixing.
Is anybody else getting this issue?
@sallymorganmoore issue tracker link is https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/41584
Do we know if this is on a known list of bugs? and fixes?
Had a fine for failing the same mission ended up in detention centre well away from my ship.
My issue is that I cant seem to get an Apex taxi to bring me back https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/41584
and I have to get support to move me - three times now I have had to be rescued!!!

Hey both, just been reading through this thread and gathering the old notes. Definitely seen frustration around this previously, so will compare more recent notes with what I've had before. It's certainly on the radar, but I can't confirm much more than that I'm afraid.

Ok can someone explain to me why is it, when I am doing a Support Restore Settlement mission, if I am killed by Scavengers, when I respawn, I am in a prison 6 systems away? In game my character has permission to be at said location from the owners of the settlement. I dont think that we should be respawning inside a prison ship.

Your character has indeed permission from the owners of the settlement.
But they are not there, do they?

So it's the scavs you're trying to kill that send you to the jail. Just be happy it's the jail and not the Sarlac's pit.

Thank you @sallymorganmoore they have moved me!
@Factabulous where are the other lifts? I have run up the steps to Apex booked the shuttle and gone to the lifts at the end - have I missed a set to the side or something?
Support emails tend to indicate they know it is bugged but I would be interested if I am doing something daft!!!!
Right of the counter and behind. Basically if you look around next time the jails aren't that large. A few have missed them.

Top Bottom