What's on the menu for Planet Zoo? 🍽️

What a surprise, I didn't expect an announcement today already!
This is really great! 🥳 🥳 🥳

and as a real thealover I must try the recepy of course.... :giggle:

(sorry folks, no dining in dangerous animal habitats! ??? so does it mean we cant make a habitats in the restuarants ? like the picture below ?

Attachments

• animal restuurants.jpg
    animal restuurants.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 118
  • tsavo_rest.jpg
    tsavo_rest.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Heart-Restaurant.JPG
    Heart-Restaurant.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 115
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 116
  • a0268eb7bddfc0c29661b97a1a38cddd.jpg
    a0268eb7bddfc0c29661b97a1a38cddd.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 2-870x375-870x370.jpg
    2-870x375-870x370.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 71
Will vendors bring out the food, or will it be more of a get your food and seat yourself type of situation?

Upon further thought, that just sounds like a normal food or drink shop. I'm still wondering though.

Wow I was not expecting to get news this week already. What a nice surprise ! And this is absolutely fantastic ! HYPE !

Can't wait to hear more about the next update. If we finally get those very much needed backstage props alongside the restaurants, this will be one of the best updates ever !

Thank you to the devs for keeping to make the game better and better ❤

I think this means a Europe DLC and I wonder whether the design aesthetic will be like European Christmas markets? It’s interesting that the menu option has snowflakes in it, so there must be some Christmas connection!

Excited about this feature and the ability to make some swanky restaurants in tree tops and with reflecting ponds, but can you also make the existing food and drink venues work better so that visitors use the current tables and chairs in open food courts? This kind of food court is like 95% of zoo's F&B services, and its how everyone makes their current zoos including some of the campaign zoos.

(sorry folks, no dining in dangerous animal habitats! ??? so does it mean we cant make a habitats in the restuarants ? like the picture below ?
None of those is a restaurant inside a dangerous animal habitat, my pal.

In fact, I can't even think of any zoo with a restaurant inside a harmless animal enclosure... Somebody has any idea? :unsure: I can't imagine a restaurant (with kitchen and storage area, and tables for customers) with free roaming animals. Like you are eating your pizza and a lemur leaps on your table and steals it from you? :ROFLMAO: I think it is against the whole rule of not letting the animals to eat human snacks, which every decent zoo in the world follows, and even PZ has those signs of "do not throw food to the hippos"... I don't understand the idea.

Last edited:
I think this means a Europe DLC and I wonder whether the design aesthetic will be like European Christmas markets? It’s interesting that the menu option has snowflakes in it, so there must be some Christmas connection!

Given that we already have received tons of Christmas-related scenery items with the Arctic Pack, I wouldn't really expect that. If the aesthetic of the teaser screenshot is anything to go by, I would rather expect Mediterranean scenery - but even that only assuming that the screenshot actually has any relevance to the contents of the next DLC, which the past has shown isn't always necessarily the case.
If we do get a European scenery pack (which I'd absolutely adore!), I'd say Mediterranean or Alpine scenery would be most likely, although I'd actually give a slight edge to the prior.
YESSSSSSSSSSS I'd really LOVE to get Aquatic Pack 2 (not with fish I hope, I personally wouldn't like having fish in the game and I would prefer stuff like Walrus, Sea Otter, Rockhopper Penguin... Capybara even????). A European Pack wouldn't really be that exciting to be honest, I'm Italian and I don't think we have all that much wildlife around here... I mean, we already have Brown Bears, Bison and Wolves, so all the "cool" animals are already taken. Best thing I could imagine is an Animal Pack with:
-Fallow Deer
-Red Fox
-Eurasian Lynx
-Eurasian River Otter
-Alpine Ibex
-Wolverine
-Barbary Macaque
-Northern Crested Newt
It's funny how different opinions could be. A European Pack would probably have me more excited than any other pack, to be honest. 😂
If it was a Europe Pack with Red Deer, Eurasian Lynx, Alpine Ibex and European Badger, I'd be over the moon, with wolverine, red fox and crested porcupine as honorable mentions (the latter of which might go well with a Mediterranean theme).

None of those is a restaurant inside a dangerous animal habitat, my pal.

In fact, I can't even think of any zoo with a restaurant inside a harmless animal enclosure... Somebody has any idea? :unsure: I can't imagine a restaurant (with kitchen and storage area, and tables for customers) with free roaming animals. Like you are eating your pizza and a lemur leaps on your table and steals it from you? :ROFLMAO: I think it is against the whole rule of not letting the aniamls to eat human snacks, which every decent zoo in the world follows, and even PZ has those signs of "do not throw food to the hippos"... I don't understand the idea.
The only zoo I could think of would be the Zoom Erlebniswelt in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, where you can eat out in the Asian Tropical House with free-roaming birds and bats. I haven't experienced it, but theoretically the flying foxes could roam around your tables (some of the free-flying birds definitely did). But since we don't have either birds or flying foxes in the game as of now, that isn't really an option to recreate.

The only zoo I could think of would be the Zoom Erlebniswelt in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, where you can eat out in the Asian Tropical House with free-roaming birds and bats. I haven't experienced it, but theoretically the flying foxes could roam around your tables (some of the free-flying birds definitely did). But since we don't have either birds or flying foxes in the game as of now, that isn't really an option to recreate.
Oh, that's for sure! I didn't think about little birds or flying foxes, because we don't have those animals (yet...), but that is more reasonable than any other harmless animal in PZ (except for the peafowl, I guess).
Restaurants inside habitats update could be a hint for an Aviary DLC, therefore?? 👀

I'm more interested at food, right now.

Besides the choices we already have, will we get new food options, like gourmet meals or steaks or Italian food?
Restaurants are perfect for mellow music and meals for 2, so I've heard.

Can we get like booths and stools for diners? Jukeboxes would be so cool, too, play some doo- or rockabilly

Top Bottom