Page 149 of 163 First 145147148149150151153 Last
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2431

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: What game are we all playing instead of E:D?

  1. #2221

  2. #2222
    Originally Posted by jasonbarron View Post (Source)
    Adobe Photoshop
    Isnt that grindy?

  3. #2223
    This might be a grand year (to me) for gaming. Inbound in 2019:

    Possibly Cyberpunk 2077
    The Outer Worlds
    Metro Exodus
    Phoenix Point

    And as nice extras:
    Wasteland 3
    Tropico 6
    Rage 2

    On the other hand, there are some growing rumors that Bethesda might be rushing Elder Scrolls 6 to release in 2019. I hope this is just rumours and they take their time to make it as much of a masterpiece as previous ES installments, you cannot fart this up Bethesda!

  4. #2224
    Just started another play thru of both Metro games. Metro Exodus is pre-ordered and will be out in mid Feb.

  5. #2225
    Well 2019 has my xbox clan looking at Anthem and Division 2

  6. #2226
    I play Gran Turismo Sport a lot.

  7. #2227
    You Nier: Automata fans, is it the game mechanics or the story (or both) that makes it a win for you? I've got unspent gift cards to use

  8. #2228
    Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    You Nier: Automata fans, is it the game mechanics or the story (or both) that makes it a win for you? I've got unspent gift cards to use
    The praise for Nier Automata seems a bit unwarranted IMO. I played it and found it extremely forgettable. Except for the main character's choice of wardrobe; that was pretty boss.

  9. #2229
    Originally Posted by jasonbarron View Post (Source)
    The praise for Nier Automata seems a bit unwarranted IMO. I played it and found it extremely forgettable. Except for the main character's choice of wardrobe; that was pretty boss.
    Agreed. Nier Automata feels great to play. The combat is complex and satisfying. But the rest (story, world, characters,..) are kind of... okay. Not offensive, not getting in the way of fun, I'd say.
    Where N:A shines is combat and replayability.

  10. #2230
    Originally Posted by jasonbarron View Post (Source)
    Except for the main character's choice of wardrobe; that was pretty boss.
    Definitely a selling point!

    Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Agreed. Nier Automata feels great to play. The combat is complex and satisfying. But the rest (story, world, characters,..) are kind of... okay. Not offensive, not getting in the way of fun, I'd say.
    Where N:A shines is combat and replayability.
    I've played my fair share of similar games with goofy stories - Dead or Alive, Dragon's Dogma, Monster Hunter World. That said, goofy stories are fun in their own way. I prefer them over more "somber" stories (Far Cry 2 comes to mind, which was a beautiful game, but depressing).

  11. #2231
    Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    I've played my fair share of similar games with goofy stories - Dead or Alive, Dragon's Dogma, Monster Hunter World. That said, goofy stories are fun in their own way. I prefer them over more "somber" stories (Far Cry 2 comes to mind, which was a beautiful game, but depressing).
    Oh, if those are your measuring sticks, then N:A is MUCH better, story-wise.

    And Jason's right. It's definitely... umm.. nice to look at.

  12. #2232
    Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    You Nier: Automata fans, is it the game mechanics or the story (or both) that makes it a win for you? I've got unspent gift cards to use
    Both. The story is heavily intertwined with the gameplay. But giving examples would spoil the surprise. It's just a very creative game with clever changes of perspective and mechanics. The story as such isn't groundbreaking. It's how it's delivered and how it matters for the main characters. A major downside is that if you don't finish it and experience ending E you didn't really play the game - or at least you miss the most extraordinary chunk (gameplay and story wise). It's just very hard to talk about it without giving away the surprises. I think this Youtuber here did a good job reviewing it - a bit wordy though:



    Oh, and the music, Jesus Christ the music! Headphones are a must!

  13. #2233
    Originally Posted by Knightshark View Post (Source)
    Both. The story is heavily intertwined with the gameplay. But giving examples would spoil the surprise. It's just a very creative game with clever changes of perspective and mechanics. The story as such isn't groundbreaking. It's how it's delivered and how it matters for the main characters. A major downside is that if you don't finish it and experience ending E you didn't really play the game - or at least you miss the most extraordinary chunk (gameplay and story wise). It's just very hard to talk about it without giving away the surprises. I think this Youtuber here did a good job reviewing it - a bit wordy though:
    I grabbed it and Spiderman yesterday on sale. I'm just waiting for the discs to arrive

    And I agree with the music (I played the short demo awhile back).

  14. #2234
    Originally Posted by Tiger Bill View Post (Source)
    I play Gran Turismo Sport a lot.
    I was a big fan of GT. Then GT6 happened, and I got so disappointed I not only quit GT, I quit both racing games and the PlayStation camp altogether.

  15. #2235
    I'm playing lots of tablet games. Too many to mention.

    A lot of my contemporaries are doing the same. Like me, it's just too convenient. Lots of us play board games on tablet.

    Elite, besides business purposes, is the reason I have a PC. But, I often just find myself sitting down with my tablet.