Page 71 of 124 FirstFirst ... 66697071727376 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1857

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: What game are we all playing instead of E:D?

Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    Me too. Partly because I landed on a fairly average rocky world and took some images to have a comparison 2.4 vs. 3.0. Mostly because I will be AFK anyway.
    But in all honesty, usually I'm also shelving it 2 weeks prior a major update to make it sweeter.

These days I'm playing Car Mechanic 2015, Stick Fight, Jalopy, Prison Architect and today I started a bit of Civ V.
    SimBin's Race On. A 2007 motorsport simulator that still stacks up because the cars drive so well. Lots of cars, lots of race circuits...............

............. but I am probably going to play some ED:H before 3.0 drops for real and tidy up business in Colonia. After 3.0 drops I'm off to Beagle Point (again).

I've been on a bit of a sim racing binge recently, playing a fair bit of iracing and F1 2017. iracing is a bit of a chore to get up through the ranks avoiding the nutters who haven't figured out what that pedal on the left is for, but I'm getting closer to C Class in the hope of driving proper Nascar's and Indycars (I'm a weirdo brit who likes oval racing).

Out of the two though, F1 2017 has really grabbed me, the career mode is excellent with all the driving aids turned off. Funnily enough I find watching F1 on TV about as interesting as watching paint dry, but driving them is incredible fun.

Wet weather at Sochi

My first podium at Spa (round 13).... in a Maclaren, so I should probably up the AI difficulty again.

And a bit of iRacing rookies at Charlotte a while back. I'm in the orange and black #4 car

Currently I've been playing Euro Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim to death. My wife is aghast that I play a game where I am cussing drivers and traffic lights just like in reality!! Big Rigs are just so dman cool though, and nailing a difficult park 1st go from cockpit view is so satisfying!

currently i am playing how fast can i go.

Originally Posted by Fyrd Judge View Post (Source)
    currently i am playing how fast can i go.

https://youtu.be/4w-iEVugAf0
    must be in Germany, or at least in europe

I just tried Fortnite: Battle Royal, and I like 'Hunger Games' aspect of it, but I really do not like the building mechanics. It makes me think I would enjoy PUBG, if only it were available for the PS4... Perhaps the developer of PUBG will see Fortnite taking their lunch (Fortnite BR is a pretty blatant ripoff) and expedite its release for Playstation

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    I just tried Fortnite: Battle Royal, and I like 'Hunger Games' aspect of it, but I really do not like the building mechanics. It makes me think I would enjoy PUBG, if only it were available for the PS4... Perhaps the developer of PUBG will see Fortnite taking their lunch (Fortnite BR is a pretty blatant ripoff) and expedite its release for Playstation
    I like the building aspect in some ways, but i think the main issue is its too fast. You can step on a platform before its built. I've watched the end game sometimes when i've managed to stay alive to the near the end, and the top players just turn it into a tower building contest while they jump around trying to get shots off. Kind of detracts. It might be better if they made it so that you can't step onto something until it is finished building.

Eleven: Table Tennis VR (store.steampowered.com/app/488310/Eleven_Table_Tennis_VR)

Holy smokes that game is s suprise VR hit for me. It's pretty damn perfect. It feels right. Spin works as it should. The AI goes from dead easy to really goddamn hard. You definitely need a good rig however because you do NOT want any slowdowns in the game whatsoever. If anything, the refreshrate in the Vive could be higher than 90Hz.

There's special training games, a fixed trainer robot, but also a freeplay AI that is available by just closing the main menu, so you can just focus on your returns for example instead of having a point counter distract you. The environments are not great but the default one is functional. Graphics are completely non-remarkable, this is pure concentrated physics gameplay. HIGHLY recommended.

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    I like the building aspect in some ways, but i think the main issue is its too fast. You can step on a platform before its built. I've watched the end game sometimes when i've managed to stay alive to the near the end, and the top players just turn it into a tower building contest while they jump around trying to get shots off. Kind of detracts. It might be better if they made it so that you can't step onto something until it is finished building.
    it's meant to be tactical, not base building. a way of overcoming any obstacle and reaching any place by just building your way there as you go, or getting instant cover when surprised in the open. actually, an interesting concept. base building doesn't actually make much sense since you need to be always on the run.

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    Totally agree! It's not the ability to construct that bothers me, rather its implementation. Players throwing instant walls in front of themselves to stop bullets in a gunfight irritates me beyond measure. I also want structures to obey physics (no more unsupported floating ramps and bridges). Then I would probably enjoy the game much more. Right now it's a bit too much like a Bugs Bunny cartoon for my liking.

Originally Posted by Lysander lysan View Post (Source)
    Shogun 2 is a great game too, but you can only play one at the time
    shogun 2 is gorgeous, but i got finally miffed by units always clumping together in one spot, it has no proper "physics". also, with all the fire arrows and stuff it has a bit of fantasy feel that doesn't fit the edo period atmosphere at all. a pity, but made me get back to the original shogun which has a much better battle and unit movement engine, besides the ai being a bit silly at times.

take a look at "ultimate general", with more limited options it is actually very strategic, and the ai is quite good, configurable and often surprising. also, troop movement is very flexible, troop status is very important and micromanagement is abstracted in a very neat way. great game! i kind of view it as a successor of the early "close combat" series. it lacks 3d view, though.

There are games other than Elite: Dangerous?

In between traveling back from Colonia and hoping to make it back to the Bubble before 3.0 gets released I am planning to try out Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Originally Posted by Taimaru View Post (Source)
    well, for one there is Elite: Forumz for the really tough guys!

In between traveling back from Colonia and hoping to make it back to the Bubble before 3.0 gets released I am planning to try out Kingdom Come: Deliverance
    in between disfigurations releases of e:d, i just picked up "space hulk: deathwing" for some alien carnage and space behemoth claustrophobia. i don't think it's a superb game but i'm a long time space hulk fan anyway, this was a must buy and just got 50% off on steam. and it's being a lot of fun! very good atmosphere ... although i think it should be a bit ... more claustrophobic!!!

I backed Kingdom Come on Kickstarter, good to see someone actually releasing an ambitious kickstarter game

Bought kingdom come hopefully Going to have a bash at it later. Mixed responses to it so far though it seems.

Page 71 of 124 FirstFirst ... 66697071727376 ... LastLast