Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Explorers Dream - Skaude Giant Stellar Nursery

Explorers Dream - Skaude Giant Stellar Nursery

Most explorers are drawn like flies to the big stars and areas with many special objects like WR stars, Black Holes, Neutron stars etc.
    After slowly making my way towards the center of the galaxy and visiting the Omega Nebula I used the new stellar filter and found an area that's truly spectacular.

I give you the 'Skaude Giant Stellar Nursery' which contains:
    -many O-Type giant stars and B-Type Supergiants and Hypergiants almost all having 0 million years age
    -many Wolf-Rayet stars of the WO,WCO,WNO,WNCO variety
    -many Black hole and Neutron Star systems with multiple present in the same system (So far the record is a system with 3 Black Holes and 3 Neutron stars)
    -many truly 'dark' systems with no stars just Black Holes and planets

Most of these systems can be easily identified also on the map via a search via entering:
    Skaude AA-A H### or Skaudai AA-A H### where the ### goes between 0 and ~700
    I should also mention that the area just starts around Skaude but seems to stretch out for 4-5k LY!

After spending 3 days constantly exploring I feel like more players are needed to fully search all the spectacular locations so start using that 1k max plotting range and get yourself over 11k Ly away from Sol in a place truly filled with amazing stars.

Full IMGUR album: http://imgur.com/a/BVWO4#0

Other Pics:

Stunning stuff. Have some rep fine sir.

It was bugged for me when I was there, the stars were only drawn on the left side of my screen, but yeah it's an awesome place

Thatīs one of hell awesome view!

but iīm personally interested visiting Orion Nebula and especially EZ Orionis:

Originally Posted by DaveL View Post (Source)
    Thatīs one of hell awesome view!

but iīm personally interested visiting Orion Nebula and especially EZ Orionis:
    I've just come back from a tour around Orion, Witch Head & Horse Head nebulas .. was a spectacular site! Well worth the trip

Gotta check out this stellar nursery some time too!

Right on Commander!

Originally Posted by SpacialKatana View Post (Source)
    It was bugged for me when I was there, the stars were only drawn on the left side of my screen, but yeah it's an awesome place
    If you're on the edge of the Area you can certainly seem to be between 2 universes with a straight line between normal sky and stellar nursery.

Best pic so far of the effect is the inner edge of the area where I'm currently at:

A little more than 1000ly away. Good to know the stars have been discovered and are thus worthless. *looks for new target*

Originally Posted by mnh View Post (Source)
    A little more than 1000ly away. Good to know the stars have been discovered and are thus worthless. *looks for new target*
    The area is way too large for a single player to explore ... I've looked at max 2% of the stars lets say even with 3 days spent around here.
    Also the only thing you lose is the +50% bonus for first discovery but the value of the worlds will still be there (and BH and Neutron stars are valuable)

It's a mere 8000 Ly away from me. I'll drop by tomorrow..

Thanks for sharing, looks like a fun place to visit

I'm still 2or 3 Rares runs from having my T6 set up as an explorer, but this certainly looks like an extraordinary destination.

Question on Skaude AA-A h610, the text says the star is nearing the end of its cycle, but the stats lists the age as 0 Million year. That seems like a contradiction.

i might have a look.
    i have come across some supergiants but never a hypergiant....what is the number of a hypergiant?

Originally Posted by Raz0rking View Post (Source)
    i might have a look.
    i have come across some supergiants but never a hypergiant....what is the number of a hypergiant?
    Not sure as I've only visited the O-types, WRs and BH's ... I know I saw a B#Ia somewhere when passing through the mass of targets but there's just too many and I dont have a screenshot of it I can find.

Originally Posted by chaseydog View Post (Source)
    I'm still 2or 3 Rares runs from having my T6 set up as an explorer, but this certainly looks like an extraordinary destination.

Question on Skaude AA-A h610, the text says the star is nearing the end of its cycle, but the stats lists the age as 0 Million year. That seems like a contradiction.
    Not really as O-type stars are supposed to be very very short lived so it might just be the case that an O-class star burned up quickly and now has gone into WR stage ...
    ... but there are very weird stat stars around that area (ex: a WR star with ~820K surface temperature)

Originally Posted by carazvan View Post (Source)
    Not really as O-type stars are supposed to be very very short lived so it might just be the case that an O-class star burned up quickly and now has gone into WR stage ...
    ... but there are very weird stat stars around that area (ex: a WR star with ~820K surface temperature)
    forget the stats of the stars. They are weird in the least.
    Some stars are way to big for their class, others way to old...others have the wrong visuals. A Ttauri star with a system of gas giants and less than a million years can not be possible. Also a normal M class star with 16 billion years is "unlikely"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast