Page 182 of 232 First 178180181182183184186 Last
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3467

Thread: [Information] The Galactic Mapping Project & Expedition Hub

Name: Seashell Nebula
    Game map search ref: Dehoae AA-A h56
    Description: This larger nebula can be found on the South-Western edge of the Orion-Cygnus arm, just before it fades into the Fallows. As it's only 500 ly off the galactic plane, stellar density is still high in the area, and Commanders can visit plenty of systems here.
    Screenshot reference: https://i.imgur.com/DIpGnby.jpg, 640 px version: https://imgur.com/dHR6mRj.jpg

Heads up, the fungus for Ravenfield Patch has disappeared too The POI is still there, but no fungus is present in the valley anymore.

I got a couple of new photos post-3.0 for some spaceports.

Eagle's Landing, after 3.0.

Sacaqawea Space Port, after 3.0.

Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post (Source)
    Name: The Hemoglobin Nebula
    GalMap Search Ref: Byoomai UU-X e1-875
    Description: Initially discovered by CMDRs Redfox and Felina Hawk, this nebula gets its name from its color -- a brilliant cyan nebula with striking red splotches. Upon dropping from hyperspace at the system's central Neutron star, the nebula's colors are not immediately apparent. However, as one moves away from the central star, passing by three Class-Y stars, four Class III gas giants, and one Class II gas giant, the nebula's striking colors quickly become apparent. Most of the stars and gas giants are ringed, and all but one contain multiple landable moons.
    Screenshot Reference:
    Name: The Scarred Planet*
    GalMap Search Ref: Byoomai UU-X e1-875
    Description: Initially discovered by CMDR Felina Hawk, this moon is located in the Hemoglobin Nebula, near the first orbiting body in the system. This planet is named for is singular striking feature -- deep gashes in the ground that reveal a deep red color, forming brilliant red canyons that mirror the surrounding nebula. These canyons are perfect for deep-canyon racing, or just taking in the nebula. Sensor scans indicate the presence of silicate vapor geysers; however, if they do exist, they have yet to be located.
    Screenshot Reference:
    *To my great embarrassment, I was unable to come up with a better name for this moon. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to suggest them to me, either here or via PM.
    As of the latest Elite update, The Scarred Planet no longer has the striking features which made it a PoI originally. Therefore, I submit it for removal as a PoI, and removal of its mention in the Hemoglobin Nebula description.

Name Pink Marshmallow
    GalMap Ref Theau Pri FB-W e2-25
    POI Type Stellar Features
    Description System with 3 main Stars, A : Neutron star; B : White Dwarf (DC) and C : Neutron Star, with a total of 9 other bodies. Nothing strange, except the C 1 body, a Class V gas giant with a very cute flashy pink color.
    Screenshots

Originally Posted by Corbin Moran View Post (Source)
    - Car Wash <-- Name changed as the GMP donīt use CMDR names for POIs
    - Yellow fountains <-- Name changed as the GMP donīt use CMDR names for POIs
    I just noticed that there's a Jmanis Bridge route. Shouldn't that be renamed as well? (Although technically, it's not a POI.)

Originally Posted by Stivl Writh View Post (Source)
    Name Pink Marshmallow
    GalMap Ref Theau Pri FB-W e2-25
    POI Type Stellar Features
    Description System with 3 main Stars, A : Neutron star; B : White Dwarf (DC) and C : Neutron Star, with a total of 9 other bodies. Nothing strange, except the C 1 body, a Class V gas giant with a very cute flashy pink color.
    Screenshots
    WoW ! It's the very first time that I observe a gaseous giant of this color. We were pretty used to fluorescent green. Maybe it comes from the 3.0 update.

Need to check Gru Dryiae ZP-P d5-6 - very hot GG Class V ... Maybe it has become pink too ))

Name Breakthrough Echoes
    GalMap Ref Rhuedgie KN-T e3-721
    POI Type Planetary Features
    Description Discovered during the Perseus Survey, a gas giant of this system has three moons which are all ELWs, also one of them is ringed.
    And, the icing on the cake, this is a GREEN system.
    Screenshots

Oh my Explorator wet dream !
    I've not even found one ELW around a Gas giant.
    Amazing discovery CMDR o7 !

Wow, that's very impressive, I believe nobody has found such yet. Right on, Commander! I don't suppose you could post screenshots of the planetary info of the ELWs? I'd like to add them to the list of Earth-like worlds. Also, thanks for uploading the data to EDSM!

Originally Posted by Mist0 View Post (Source)
    .... a gas giant of this system has three moons which are all ELWs, also one of them is ringed. ....
    Fantastic! Congrats for this find...

Originally Posted by marx View Post (Source)
    I'd like to add them to the list of Earth-like worlds.
    What's the idea behind that list? Don't things like EDSM make such a list redundant and even obsolete?

Originally Posted by DVHeld View Post (Source)
    What's the idea behind that list? Don't things like EDSM make such a list redundant and even obsolete?
    It's from well before EDSM, back when the game didn't log anything. While mostly obsolete by today, it still has some information that's not on EDSM, and it's also considerably easier to find rare kinds of Earth-likes there. Like Mist0's find(s) above.

Thanks Marx

As they are on EDSM you may prefer to copy/past them from here :
    a
    b
    c
    (if you need a screenshot anyway ask me and I'll upload it)

@Stulli and Odengard Thanks guys, hope you find that kind of system too, after all it's just pure luck, or maybe take a stop by this one, I'm a poor photographer, but it offers some insane views.

Yeah, I meant the in-game screenshots. Would you mind uploading those? It's rare, but EDSM uploads can contain errors. Thanks again!

Oh, and a bit of good news: since your ELWs are on the low end of the temperature range, when the atmospheric moon temperature bug gets fixed, they should still stay intact. (Of course, that's likely years down the line.)