Page 185 of 232 First 181183184185186187189 Last
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3471

Thread: [Information] The Galactic Mapping Project & Expedition Hub

Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    just want to avoid disappointing people who will want to visit something and there is nothing there. I would see it as marking all of them as "Status unknown" until somebody checks if the site still exist. I will do my best to visit if in the area.
    Players are not delicate flowers, they can handle some uncertainty. Especially if it's a known thing that sometimes, POIs disappear. It also means players who find nothing where there was something before can now report that, instead of just looking around. It's another sort of discovery. That's how I would react to that, at least.

As for the "status unknown", in principle most "planetary features" are always "status unknown" unless there is someone watching at that moment. Lots of things have been changed, this is known.

Originally Posted by NStorm View Post (Source)
    No, it's ADS. I've specially posted modules section on the screenshots (linked to my previous post) to avoid that question.
    https://i.imgur.com/WWVH9N8.jpg
    What's the "[COMPLETE]" after your ADS? I never seen that before.

Ok, I've tried leaving Csi+46-20087, re-logging to a different game mode and entering system again. Run ADS again and still no planets for sure.

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    What's the "[COMPLETE]" after your ADS? I never seen that before.
    That things pops for a few seconds in the modules screen after you "fire" your ADS in the current system. Not sure when they've added this.

Originally Posted by NStorm View Post (Source)
    That things pops for a few seconds in the modules screen after you "fire" your ADS in the current system. Not sure when they've added this.
    Oh. I see it now. Not sure either why.

Proposed POI name: Bloodshot Angel Nebula
    POI type: Nebula
    Description: Deep crimson, small/medium sized nebula. Despite no rare stars of any kind this is a splendid example of its type, its blood-red tendrils and filaments giving the impression of some kind of ethereal presence.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Beteran View Post (Source)
    I went to "Scheau Flyi KR-W e1-6736" (aka Scheau Flyi Weather Project) yesterday evening to visit the fumarole site, it just wasn't there.

Orbital Body: A 1 A
    Coordinates: -29.35 / -37.11

Fyi...
    Can you post a photo of the place to see the removal of POI ?

Originally Posted by Whitmann View Post (Source)
    Proposed POI name: Bloodshot Angel Nebula
    POI type: Nebula
    Description: Deep crimson, small/medium sized nebula. Despite no rare stars of any kind this is a splendid example of its type, its blood-red tendrils and filaments giving the impression of some kind of ethereal presence.

https://image.ibb.co/nut9Zc/x.jpg
    Impossible to find the system on the galactic map, didn't you make a typing error ? However, I saw the Nebula.

Originally Posted by Kazahnn View Post (Source)
    Impossible to find the system on the galactic map, didn't you make a typing error ? However, I saw the Nebula.
    Oops. Damn these sausage fingers and this mashed potato brain. Have amended my post. It's GREA HYPOOE ZZ-O D6-14

Can you post a photo of the place to see the removal of POI ?
    Uhm, sorry, i did not think of documenting it at that moment of frustration and i've flown pretty far to turn back now.

I wonder if you can take my word for it but i literally tried to land "on" the exact coordinates, a narrow valley it seemed. Nothing but crimson dust.

edit: I'm on my way to Sag A, using the galactic map for route plotting, also to visit POIs so in case i come across another missing point, i'll surely immortalise the moment this time

Originally Posted by Whitmann View Post (Source)
    Oops. Damn these sausage fingers and this mashed potato brain. Have amended my post. It's GREA HYPOOE ZZ-O D6-14

Thank you.

Uhm, sorry, i did not think of documenting it at that moment of frustration and i've flown pretty far to turn back now.

I wonder if you can take my word for it but i literally tried to land "on" the exact coordinates, a narrow valley it seemed. Nothing but crimson dust.

edit: I'm on my way to Sag A, using the galactic map for route plotting, also to visit POIs so in case i come across another missing point, i'll surely immortalise the moment this time

Ok no problem. Indeed, don't hesitate to up missing POIs.

Name bRainforest
    GalMap Ref SHROGAAE KK-A D983
    POI Type Organic Features
    Description As a challenge for the Perseus Survey, Kazahnn proposed us to seek for brain trees, "the gauntlet has been throwing down and the commanders answered with vigour".
    Save the brainforest !
    You'll find them on the A 1 A body at the coordonates : 44.5894 / -111.5385
    It's also a GREEN system.
    Screenshots

Originally Posted by Mist0 View Post (Source)
    Name bRainforest
    GalMap Ref SHROGAAE KK-A D983
    POI Type Organic Features
    Description As a challenge for the Perseus Survey, Kazahnn proposed us to seek for brain trees, "the gauntlet has been throwing down and the commanders answered with vigour".
    Save the brainforest !
    You'll find them on the A 1 A body at the coordonates : 44.5894 / -111.5385
    It's also a GREEN system.
    Screenshots
    Mission accomplished. Well done as always Mist0. And, Thanks to Cmdr Baton for these valuable tips !

And, Thanks to Cmdr Baton for these valuable tips !
    Indeed they are

Name Singularities Playground
    GalMap Ref MYNOAW AA-A h26 ABCD 6
    POI Type double ringed Neutron Star
    Description An astonishing nice System with 4 black Holes as main stars, first discovered by Cdr Relooops, containing as sixt planetary body a double ringed Neutron Star.
    The Rings are metal rich with second Ring having an OD of nearly 3 Mio Kilometers. Additionally the NS is orbited by a L-Star Dwarf and 5 Gas-Giants.
    Screenshots

The Box Nebula was affected by the update. Here is a photo taken when I first arrived.

Now all its planets are gone.