Page 188 of 232 First 184186187188189190192 Last
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3467

Thread: [Information] The Galactic Mapping Project & Expedition Hub

Just seen the discussion around geyser spawning, ive had some issues recently too which prompted me to raise a ticket. It seems FDEV are aware that even before 3.0, there was a bug where geysers would sometimes refuse to spawn, but would then spawn in when another cmdr entered the instance, whether that be in their own ship or even as a multicrew passenger. Still waiting to hear back if there is any news or solution.
    But on that note, has anyone been up to Diamond Geysers recently ? I've been meaning to check whether they survived the update but it's kinda out the way. Anyone up near Beagle Point wanna check for me ?

Originally Posted by dnfx91 View Post (Source)
    Recently went back to visit a favourite system of mine for screenshots
    Thx commander, you convinced me it is worth a visit and it paid off handsomely
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6596423

Name: The Dryau Awesomes
    System: DRYAU AUSMS KG-Y E3390
    Description: Absolute madness of a system from a topology standpoint. The black hole drop star is in tight binary with a white dwarf, which itself has a gas giant orbiting fully inside it's exclusion zone and passing through the cones with a period of 14 minutes. Less than 20ls away lies a binary of a huge waterworld and a ringed gas giant, the latter of which has 2 volcanic moons skimming the very edge of the rings on slightly inclined orbits. The views offered from the surface of the landable moons is unlike anything seen elsewhere in the galaxy, and all objects in the inner system have extremely short orbital periods creating a dynamically changing view in the sky. Absolute must visit for anyone in the area. Even left a couple untagged bodies too for motivation haha, unless Baton got them

Images are my own

Cmdr ST4R F0X

Wow! That's a seriously amazing system, great find!

System: DRYAU AUSMS KG-Y E3390
    Even left a couple untagged bodies too for motivation haha, unless Baton got them
    Nope, I found enough stuff on my own, so in no rush to tag anything, did not move beyond 50 ls from the main star even, there is so much great things close https://i.imgur.com/vDtfNza.jpg

Originally Posted by AIKI_ZVEZDA View Post (Source)
    Wow! That's a seriously amazing system, great find!
    Wish i could claim tag on this one, already tagged by Red Wizzard, although he didnt tag anything else there so not sure if he knew what he had found haha.

Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    Nope, I found enough stuff on my own, so in no rush to tag anything, did not move beyond 50 ls from the main star even, there is so much great things close https://i.imgur.com/vDtfNza.jpg
    Haha fair enough, isnt it just stunning there though, you see the timelapse i posted ?

Haha fair enough, isnt it just stunning there though, you see the timelapse i posted ?
    What else do you think made me fly there from Colonia like a satan himself?

POI submission

Name: Fireball Fumaroles

Game map search ref: Eullobs EL-Y E7

Description: A field of gaseous volcanism, located on the A 4 D moonlet, at the coordinates 14.9405, 130.8037.
    This rare white supergiant system is located in the south end of the Perseus Crags.
    Planets around the main star have experienced incredible heating, with most having no volatiles left on their surfaces.
    Tidal stress in the A 4 D moonlet has disrupted the body's internals, releasing trapped pockets of silicates inside.

Materials that can be found here include Chromium, Manganese, Cadmium, Selenium, Niobium and Ruthenium.

Screenshot reference: https://imgur.com/a/9kB7Q

CMDR Dadinacactus
    POI submission

Name: Melon Fumaroles

Game map search ref: HIP20485 A 1, coordinates -1.1, -117.4

Description: Fumarole field located inside of an impact crater at coordinates -1.1, -117.4. There is a small canyon system located near the crater as well.
    Planet is unique for it's relatively high Yttrium content of 2.5%, a rare find in the local inhabited bubble.

Materials that can be found here include Iron, Nickel, Vanadium, Zirconium, Cadmium, Molybdenum, Yttrium, and Cadmium.

Screenshot references:
    https://imgur.com/a/uu1Ix

Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    What else do you think made me fly there from Colonia like a satan himself?
    Hahaha fair enough dude. I made another friend detour by about 10kly to come see it too haha. Been secretly visiting this place for about year keeping it somewhat hush hush haha. Thought it was time to share it. o7

Proposed POI Name: Silver Highway
    POI type: Planetary Feature
    Description: Hidden on the outskirts of the Phipoea Nebula is an ice moon, located between a Class 1 Gas Giant's inner and outer ring systems, and very close to the former. Pilots are rewarded with an extreme close-up of this inner ring as it tilts away from the moon's surface - so close, in fact, that it is easy to see individual objects moving in the belt as it orbits. The appearance is that of an enormous, shining, million-lane highway around the gas world.

That's a really nice find. And I almost thought your Orca was a rock for a minute.

^^^great finds - and amazing views !!!!

Hello, Iíd like to claim three records please:
    • Lowest Wolf-Rayet O class star
    • Lowest O class star
    • Lowest icy body

Before you get all excited, no I have not discovered a new lowest system...itís just That Xbox Guy again, spamming you with screenshots in lieu of the flight logs I donít have...sorry...

Here are some screenshots with the celestial body data for Kyli Flyuae AA-A h4. Fortunately there are only 3 things there, otherwise this would be a real chore!

Also, thereís a minor typo in the system entry. The traffic report says I discovered it on 8 September but the description says 9 August, which Iím guessing is a US date format mixup. 8 September is correct.

Wolf-Rayet O class star:

O class star:

The icy body:

Couldnít fit all the materials on screen at the same time; the rest are:
    • Zinc 4.0%
    • Arsenic 1.4%
    • Tungsten 0.8%
    • Mercury 0.7%
    • Polonium 0.4%

Frontier / Microsoft: console APIs when?

Hey everyone, I have two new submissions for the GMP :

Name Janus' Vision
    GalMap Ref Eok Gree EG-Y g1846
    POI Type Stellar Features
    Description During the Perseus Survey, I discovered a pink/purple planetary nebula which is really close to a Black Hole (approx. 5Ly). This black hole reveal the beautiful colors of the nebula ! In fact we used to see this nebula with a black hole inside but with it outside the distorsion is even more wonderful due to the purple gradient that we cannot see inside.
    Screenshots

Name Iris' Missive
    GalMap Ref Lasoae BF-A f810
    POI Type Stellar Features
    Description During the Perseus Survey, we discovered this Black Hole next to a Green/Blue Planetary Nebula. The close position (approx. 7Ly) between these two stellar features creates a gorgeous view. It reveals a wonderful irisation that we cannot see inside the Planetary Nebula. Mixt from Blue, Green and Purple, the gradient creates an amazing rainbow.
    Screenshots

NB : Janus is a God of the the beginnings, the ends and the gates.
    Iris is a God messenger. Both come from the Roman Mythology.