Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does o7 mean?

What does o7 mean?

Been playin since launch and ive seen a few streamers and players in game say o7. from what I can tell its like Hello in the elite universe, but does it have a meaning? or a translation?

Originally Posted by ghostookami View Post (Source)
    Been playin since launch and ive seen a few streamers and players in game say o7. from what I can tell its like Hello in the elite universe, but does it have a meaning? or a translation?
    Just guessing but it could be a smiley salute?

Pecisk - "I will sound as broken record, but this won't change." David Braben - "So some news - we will be reversing this change shortly"

It's supposed to look like (and represent) a salute.

ah ok, I can kinda see it, thanks

I hope you meant they "type" it in. Not actually say it instead of "salute". That would be even more sad than people saying "LOL"
    This user has crossed all sorts of lines and was banished into darkness.

Ooops.. well now I know. I'm just recently playing open mode and this fellow kept following me around o7 o7 o7 had no clue. LOL

Originally Posted by krysohmyz View Post (Source)
    I hope you meant they "type" it in. Not actually say it instead of "salute". That would be even more sad than people saying "LOL"
    I seem to recall a station where after launching, the flight controller would say "Oh Seven commander".

Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post (Source)
    I seem to recall a station where after launching, the flight controller would say "Oh Seven commander".
    Yep. They do sometimes. Makes me smile too.

There's a glossary list here .. I find useful.
    And if you're really into it .. lingo by professions here.

o7 Cmdrs. "See you in the black"

Originally Posted by krysohmyz View Post (Source)
    -laughs-
    I always say lol!

Or If I'm being sarcastic "Lima Oscar Lima"

Originally Posted by CMDR Maymo View Post (Source)
    -laughs-
    I always say lol!

Or If I'm being sarcastic "Lima Oscar Lima"
    this one speaks for itself also lol ¬

Was curious about this too. Glad I looked it up lol.

Also thanks for the glossary.

I actually think it is you saluting yourself - let's face it you have to be looking in a mirror to see the salute that-way-round.

Originally Posted by MalcYorks View Post (Source)
    I actually think it is you saluting yourself - let's face it you have to be looking in a mirror to see the salute that-way-round.
    Or it's the view of you saluting him from behind you. Maybe this would have been better. <O
    I suppose it depends which service we are basing the salute on.

How do thrusters work, it is simple.

Stuff goes in, stuff happens, stuff comes out VERY fast.

One ship even has it in the design. One of my favorite ships in the game! The Imperial Clipper.

http://www.nerdgoblin.com/wp-content...er-700x600.jpg
    - CMDR. Lazlo Thon -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast