Page 1 of 204 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: EDDiscovery

EDDiscovery

ED Discovery is a windows or Mac Application which assists you in piloting in the Elite Dangerous universe. Started by Commander Finwen, it has been greatly expanded in the last year by a team of programmers who have added many features. Originally only a explorers tool, since 2.2 and journals it has many more features which warrant a post in this section because its useful for all commanders, whatever your profession!

See our wiki with a full help guide. Talk to us and other users directly using Discord.

The current production release is 8.2.X and has been created for use with ED 2.3.10+

8.2 Added:
    * UI major rework, tooltips, drop down menus etc optimised.
    * The Grid major tab added, allows any of the panels to be placed at any position on it
    * Grid Pop outs supported, allows you multiple pop outs of any set of arbitrary panels
    * Toolbar at the top added, which can roll up to minimise screen space.
    * System info panel added, fully configurable, will work in transparent mode. Much more information.
    * History page now consists of a fixed travel grid, and four configurable panes (one bottom, three left).
    * Travel grid and journal grid have their own 'Cursor to top' options instead of one global option.
    * Uploads to EDSM credits, current ship, progress, rank
    * Elite Galaxy Online Integration
    * And many many small changes

8.1 Added:
    * Much improved voice pack with NPC Voices and voice effects!
    * OBS Action pack
    * Soundblaster pack
    * Joystick mouse keyboard pack to vocalise your button inputs
    * Action files are now in ASCII.. better for Diffs
    * Many major bug fixes

8.0 Added:
    * Companion API supported - will download market data when you dock and a new market data panel has been added. Not queried if your carrying Rares due to a Frontier CAPI server bug.
    * More star naming fixes for certain types of bodies.
    * Fixed materials list (Humble thanks to EDSM and Anthor for assistance)
    * Fixed Engineering lists
    * More journal types added as Frontier adds more to it
    * EDDN integration with CAPI data where required.
    * Commander settings dialog reengineered for CAPI
    * Merge fuel scoop events
    * And many other small fixes, see the release history on Github.

Features:

EDD supports add on packs can be installed which can expand ED Discovery and are customisable. The principle one is the voice pack, which reads out the journal entries as they happen in your chosen voice. Customisable keyboard shortcuts packs are also available if you wish to use tools such as voice attack to control ED. We have great plans for the voice system and will be expanding it further.

ED Discovery look is fully customisable, you choose the layout, you choose the colours. We include some default themes to get you going, the one shown here is Elite Veranda.

The User Interface featuring multiple information tabs, multiple panels per tab:

Customisable Pop outs, both transparent (so you can place them over ED and have them in game) and non transparent, covering information that you need for exploration:

Trading:

And for engineering/exploring:

ED Discovery features a 3d star map of commanders visited systems, courtesy of EDSM. You can pan and zoom, click, see information on your trip and on each star:

ED Discovery integrates with EDSM, EDDN and EDDB. It can send your journey to EDSM and retrieve information from EDSM from your account. It can send your information (scans etc) to EDDN for upload to the tools which use this.

A screenshot converter allows you to convert those pesky BMPs from ED or steam into a PNG and give them a decent name. Route planners allow you to plan your trip. Your history can be filtered for view, individually on each tab/pop out, showing only the events you want to see or using a advanced filter to remove events on a much more individual basis (npc chatter for instance).

ED Discovery can be downloaded from here. We support both stable builds, and beta builds, each individually installable. We also support portable builds where you can place the data where you want it.

This is an open source project, you can freely inspect the code at github. We welcome contributions to the code base (but not to our pocket thank you! this is done for love of ED not monetary gain).

This software uses the Apache V2 license and is (C) EDDiscovery team 2017. It is provided without warrantee and with no liability, as per the license.

Nice for explorers Captains

Baker, Pirate level and Beta granted

+1 REP

To those Explorers who might not want to use this program, listen to what the OP said and at least add the system logging to your game. Until FD do it, that is the only way to know where you've been !!!

I've been using EDDiscovery for more than 2 months and it has faithfully tracked every jump I've made. The only time it hasn't is when I've forgotten to put the VerboseLogging line back in after a game update.

I'm also able to copy the list of systems and timestamps out into Google Sheet for my travel log.

I definitely recommend it for exploration.
    Zenith Ddraiglas - Surveyor - Scientist - Explorer Nadir Ffenics - Outlander Challenger - Imgur album
    ||||||||| TRIPLE ||||||||| ELITE ||||||||| Novice ||||||||| Broker ||||||||| Ranger |||||||||
    "I don't feel homesick, because I'm already at home in the stars."

Bookmarked for download tonight, I'm currently 9000ly out and it would be great to have a log of where I go next !

I think I get what you are saying, but can you put it into English please?
    "Parses"?

Does it magically work out where I have been without me having to manually enter anything?
    Thanks.
    Cmdr Lien Leposh

Very nice job commander.

But i just hope one day FD will give us same feature in our galaxy map with filters :
    - my trip
    - my first discovered objects.

Yes. If you modify AppConfig.xml so you get verbose logging in Elite. EDDiscovery will then parse the logfile and show where you have been.

Originally Posted by lien_leposh View Post (Source)
    I think I get what you are saying, but can you put it into English please?
    "Parses"?

Does it magically work out where I have been without me having to manually enter anything?
    Thanks.
    With the configuration change Finwen instructs you to make, Elite: Dangerous will record in its own log file some information about each system you enter. Parsing: EDDiscovery will read that log file and extract from it that system information which it will present onscreen in various ways (a list, a rotatable/zoomable star map), and presumably will log on its own along with your own notes appended.

So, MAGIC!

Edit: my brain is borkened.

Kingdom for your tool my brother!
    Exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you! +1
    *bows down*

Bookmarking to download when I get home after work tonight...

Now, don't really understand...After installing the app, I have to add this Verbose thing right after as well or only after each launcher update?

Originally Posted by Kancro Vantas View Post (Source)
    Bookmarking to download when I get home after work tonight...

Now, don't really understand...After installing the app, I have to add this Verbose thing right after as well or only after each launcher update?
    Yes, you'll need to change the AppConfig after you install the app (or any time before you start the ED launcher) the only time you'll need to change it again is after a patch or an update as it resets the file to default.

Originally Posted by Ben_BigBen View Post (Source)
    Yes, you'll need to change the AppConfig after you install the app (or any time before you start the ED launcher) the only time you'll need to change it again is after a patch or an update as it resets the file to default.

Thank you!!! Will do then!

And by the way i gave you a +1 even if it does not give us an historical view of previous visited systems.

I would like to use it but I have Windows 8.1 and the netlog code seems to be backwards compared to the example given by Finwin and is all on one line.( Also I am 56 years old and a bit scared to do this as I am no good with computers ).

Page 1 of 204 1234511 ... LastLast