Page 258 of 258 FirstFirst ... 253256257258
Results 3,856 to 3,867 of 3867

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: EDDiscovery

Yep, new commander should appear in EDD when it sees a log in for a new name in the journals. There's a drop down top left to switch between commanders (in the hidable ribbon, so you might not see it immediately) and on the settings tab you can edit API keys and whatnot for each commander individually.

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    NB I am just a user but:

Yes
    Yes
    Yes if you want to have EDSM account for that commander

Should do

I have multiple commanders and EDDiscovery deals with them just fine.
    Originally Posted by iain666 View Post (Source)
    Yep, new commander should appear in EDD when it sees a log in for a new name in the journals. There's a drop down top left to switch between commanders (in the hidable ribbon, so you might not see it immediately) and on the settings tab you can edit API keys and whatnot for each commander individually.
    Thanks guys!

Edit: and a follow-up question. I’m about to build a second pc & want to copy the data across from my current pc. Is it just the logfiles I need to copy across? Whereabouts are they, in the EDlaunch folder? ( I have ED stored on my E:/ hard drive)

One question regarding beta. I looked into log from beta and detailed scan log seems to be missing info that are showed if FSS. What do you think about it?

Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    Edit: and a follow-up question. I’m about to build a second pc & want to copy the data across from my current pc. Is it just the logfiles I need to copy across? Whereabouts are they, in the EDlaunch folder? ( I have ED stored on my E:/ hard drive)
    Your journal files are in:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games - obviously in the Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous folder in there.

I assume you have to copy the EDDiscovery data too - I have mine in a separate drive but the json file(s) live elsewhere "%LOCALAPPDATA%\EDDiscovery" I suppose.

It seems this thread has been moves to, well a location that will just get it lost, I went looking for it by going back to the top level of the forums and couldn't find it so had to come back to the "moved" link in exploration to have a better read of the sub-forum, it's now down the bottom of the forum in "Elite Dangerous->Player Tools and API Discussions->In-Development Player Tools" instead of "Elite Dangerous->Exploration".

Yes I can understand that it's a tool, but it's a thread that is simply to important to many players to have it hidden away where most people will never find it, let alone even realise it exists.

Is there a reason for this, are we starting a whole new thread or maybe abandoning EDDiscovery altogether now that the Codex is coming out in 3.3 in just over a week?

Originally Posted by varonica View Post (Source)
    It seems this thread has been moves to, well a location that will just get it lost, I went looking for it by going back to the top level of the forums and couldn't find it so had to come back to the "moved" link in exploration to have a better read of the sub-forum, it's now down the bottom of the forum in "Elite Dangerous->Player Tools and API Discussions->In-Development Player Tools" instead of "Elite Dangerous->Exploration".

Yes I can understand that it's a tool, but it's a thread that is simply to important to many players to have it hidden away where most people will never find it, let alone even realise it exists.

Is there a reason for this, are we starting a whole new thread or maybe abandoning EDDiscovery altogether now that the Codex is coming out in 3.3 in just over a week?
    I do not think it was moved recently.

Originally Posted by AnthorNet View Post (Source)
    The thread that was in Exploration forum has been moved and merged with the one that was in the Tools forum.

Was there a need to rationalize the situation by combining the threads? It seemed to me that they served different audiences. Shame that the "mover" didn't explain the motivation for doing so.

c'est la vie

Originally Posted by AnthorNet View Post (Source)
    See I didn't even know there were two threads, I've never seen the one in the other forum, but the one in the explorer forum was always near the top, and yes I agree I think they were aimed at two different audiences, one of which will now not be catered for once the "moved" link drops off the first page.

I have just realised that it is now actually in the "In-Development" tools forum - is someone having a joke? edit - sorted

If there is some sort of rationalisation going on, it might be good to actually inform people.

Yeah, should be in the Released & Active Player Tools section. Time for a report. Update: my, that was quick. Thanks!

The old thread in the exploration subforum was a duplicate though, so it makes sense to merge the two threads - should have been done long ago. As for the intended audience, I'd wager that very few people found EDD via that subforum: most players I know heard it from word of mouth, and then found it on the Github repository.
    The Codex does provide some functionality of what EDD also did, but there are plenty more that it doesn't.

Originally Posted by marx View Post (Source)
    Yeah, should be in the Released & Active Player Tools section. Time for a report. Update: my, that was quick. Thanks!

The old thread in the exploration subforum was a duplicate though, so it makes sense to merge the two threads - should have been done long ago. As for the intended audience, I'd wager that very few people found EDD via that subforum: most players I know heard it from word of mouth, and then found it on the Github repository.
    The Codex does provide some functionality of what EDD also did, but there are plenty more that it doesn't.
    I found it looking through the tools section of course, but my interaction with it, including helping people how to use it, was done exclusively through the exploration forum thread by checking it whenever I saw it bumped up, it's almost certain I will never check it now because I check in the exploration thread every day but never in the tools thread. Since this is a tool used a lot by explorers having their regular input and help for new players and experience with the tool would, I thought, be an invaluable contribution. Alas I shall probably never view that thread again, you see my point I trust?

12. This is the last staff post in this thread. #3867
    Hey folks, this thread is going to be locked. There's been some issues on posts being out of order here.

It would be wise at this time for the responsible party of this 3rd party tool to make a new thread.

Thank you.

Page 258 of 258 FirstFirst ... 253256257258