Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: GUIDE: Planet sounds and how to know everything from System Map.

I've made a lot of recordings, slowing my trip to the far rim a lot.
    Since i can't possibly stand to upload all of them at once, for a while I will do a daily (almost) upload.

Today I start withthe very excitying Rocky World type 1 added in its section on the OP too.

Masakari you did an awesome job! Thank you very much! This needs a sticky!

Originally Posted by Matthias46 View Post (Source)
    Masakari you did an awesome job! Thank you very much! This needs a sticky!
    Thanks a lot, I'm glad you find itusesfull!!!!

Few weeks ago I've requested a sticky, but the mod said this subforum has already reached the maximum allowed. I hope in a sticky too, we'll see if someting changes.

Since then, the dayly recording! The grim Rocky World type 2 (also added in the proper section of OP)

I also changed the guide text colors a little bit, to make it more clear for those of you that has a black background and white text.

Hey, with help from this guide I managed to find a Helium-rich gas giant and decided to make a recording of it since they're pretty rare...

Hopefully the recording is good enough to hear everything.

Also I want to say thank you very much for the work put into this guide. It's extremely helpful for explorers and in my opinion makes exploring a lot more fun.
    Keep up the good work!

Originally Posted by AndyMJ View Post (Source)
    Hey, with help from this guide I managed to find a Helium-rich gas giant and decided to make a recording of it since they're pretty rare...

Hopefully the recording is good enough to hear everything.

Also I want to say thank you very much for the work put into this guide. It's extremely helpful for explorers and in my opinion makes exploring a lot more fun.
    Keep up the good work!
    That's wonderfull!!!!! I failed to take note of the only one I ever found. It was my fist expedition and I didn't know they were rare. I'm immidiatly putting it in OP, as today recording, and you go in the contributors section.

Added Rocky Icy type 2, just found. Unfortunately this planet sound identical to metal rich and one of the HMC, messing this badly.
    Btw there's no way to simplify it more, the guide will still be usefull to spot a false friend, but if going in the details is starting to require some dedication.

BTW the recording and the changes to text have been made to OP

CMDR AKIRA MASAKARI - Thank you!
    This was a great help!
    36 day trip and used your listening method on every jump...great information....listening to distinct sounds made it feel mysterious and a lot of fun!
    Scanned
    Class O, B, A, F, G, K, M, L, T, Y 388
    Black Hole 264
    Neutron Star 2340
    White Dwarf 57
    Gas Giant - Helium Rich 1
    Water Giant 2
    Gas Giant Class III (Ammonia/Water Based Life) 3
    Gas Giant Class I 30
    Gas Giant Class II 13
    Gas Giant Class III 47
    Gas Giant Class IV 7
    Gas Giant Class V 6
    Rocky and/or Icy Planets 4
    High Metal Content Planets 225
    Rocky Planet - Terraformable 0
    Terraformable High Metal Content Planets 37
    Terraformable High Metal Content Planets with NA[nb 2] 0
    Metal-Rich Planets 12
    Water World 52
    Terraformable Water World 64
    Ammonia World 13
    Earth-like World 36
    Advance Discovery Scanner 45812

amazing info that just made exploring more interesting. thanks heaps!

Originally Posted by jrb View Post (Source)
    CMDR AKIRA MASAKARI - Thank you!
    This was a great help!
    36 day trip and used your listening method on every jump...great information....listening to distinct sounds made it feel mysterious and a lot of fun!
    Originally Posted by ted View Post (Source)
    amazing info that just made exploring more interesting. thanks heaps!
    Thank you guys, I really appreciate your feedback.

Today recording is the infamous HMC type 4, that sounds identical to Metal Rich and a kind of Rocky Icy. This HMC sound is very frequent, and unfortunately menas there's no way to distinguish metal rich from HMC, neither from visuals and neither from sounds. To get the metal rich, that are worth much credits, you have to surface scan any body that sounds like this. (video added to the OP proper section)

Have you looked into the sounds of systems in the galaxy map? I can't get the handle on these. All have that static noise, followed by a high pitch sound which seems to indicate the end of the loop. Some systems have a varied amount of clicks. At first it seemed like there was a correlation between the clicks and the star having planets around it. A system with just stars or one didn't have clicks, until I quickly encountered systems with clicks but no planets or no clicks and planets galore.

Originally Posted by ThirdNostril View Post (Source)
    Have you looked into the sounds of systems in the galaxy map? I can't get the handle on these. All have that static noise, followed by a high pitch sound which seems to indicate the end of the loop. Some systems have a varied amount of clicks. At first it seemed like there was a correlation between the clicks and the star having planets around it. A system with just stars or one didn't have clicks, until I quickly encountered systems with clicks but no planets or no clicks and planets galore.
    The "clicks" are the notes that real stars make when they pulse. I saw a documentary about it, and the sounds are very similar to the ones reproduced in the gal map. In my opinion the gal map sounds are cosmetic: you can already tell the star type from the info tab. Regarding how many planets are inside the system, I don't think that star sound gives you hints. To me they all sound similar. In fact from a gameplay point of wiev it would be lame to have even more informations before actually exploring (entering and honking) a system. Also from a technical point of wiev my understanding is that a system is genrated when the first one jumps in, so if nobody has jumped into that system, even the starforge shouldn't know what's inside.

Of course as usual I might be wrong, but I hope they didn't put stuff that can give us more information before entering a system.

Today recording is a new recording of Metal Rich Planets. It's a post 1.4 recording. Sounds are the same, but more clear and better mixed.
    With this i have finished the High Value Planets section (of course untill someone finds something new or the dev tweak them)
    Video is added in the proper OP section.
    Also further spoilerized subcategories for more visual clarity and easy usage.

Really? I had thought of that before, how each system is generated upon the first person to jump into it but wasn't sure of it as fact. The starforge must really love me then

Btw, great work on the information you've gathered in this thread and everyone who contributed. Bravo dudes

Today recording is an updated (post 1.4) version of the Rocky Icy World Type 1. With this i have finished the Frequent Solid Planets list.

Added Video Tutorial Section. It will be a list of short video tha shows the usefulness of planet sounds. The first one is a FAKE ELW (to see how similar it looks to an ELW go fullscreen). No birdchirping?, Out of goldilock zone? Already know the deal

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast