Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro? - NOT FORCE 3D PRO

I use the Extreme 3D pro. It has been mentioned by lots of people when Frontier asked for what types of Joystick people use.

Alert for everyone that purchased the game from STEAM:
    The default directory is (thanks to BugsMI for spotting this):
    > \Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-1010\ControlSchemes
    eck your bindings in Options/Controls to be sure. )

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
    My Elite: Dangerous videos , Logitech Extreme 3D Pro bindings , Explorer visual reference

<doffs sombrero>
    The only good fnord is a dead fnord!

Thank you for your work on that Control setup Zeiman, I just bought ED today and this saved me an enormous headache.

Thumbs up

Zieman, HUGE thanks to you! And hello from neighbor country - Estonia.

You're welcome, everyone.

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
    My Elite: Dangerous videos , Logitech Extreme 3D Pro bindings , Explorer visual reference

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    Again new update, the selectable bindings file for Release 1.2.05 ³ with added wings & debug camera toggles + System Map key:
    Hey Zieman, I love the bindings! I thought it would be helpful to people get used to it (myself included) so I made a mappings chart:

imgur/S6ZHMju (I'm new so I can't post the link, so if the mods would be kind enough to edit this so it can be easily seen that would be wonderful)

In the meantime, I'll link it:
    http://i.imgur.com/S6ZHMju.png

Directory differences when purchasing and installing the game using Steam

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    Again new update, the selectable bindings file for Release 1.2.06 ³ with added wings & debug camera toggles + System Map key:
    https://app.box.com/s/0wk3kwsc7jykw44z45j4
    File goes to:
    <Your E: D Install Dir>\EDLaunch\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-100X\ControlSchemes ¹

ALERT !
    This particular file if for Finnish keyboard layout.
    You may need to edit (or delete) line 3 of the file to make it work.
    Do not use Windows Notepad, it may render the file inoperable - working editors are for example Windows Wordpad, or the excellent Notepad++.
    To find correct language code for you:
    - start the game
    - go to options/controls
    - hit APPLY
    - open Custom.binds (found in
    C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings
    AppData is a hidden folder)
    - if line 3 is <KeyboardLayout>xy-XY</KeyboardLayout> (xy-XY is your language code), just change the "fi-FI" part in LogitechExtreme3Dpro.binds to that
    - if there is no line <KeyboardLayout>xy-XY</KeyboardLayout>, delete it from LogitechExtreme3Dpro.binds

Might as well explain some additional stuff, like k/b & mouse controls I included (a couple of small changes compared to the previous one):
    Forward thrust = A
    Backward thrust = Z
    Open/close Galaxy Map = M
    Open/close System Map = K
    Rotate Galaxy Map = left mouse button & mouse movement
    Zoom Galaxy Map = mouse wheel
    Toggle Rotational Correction = C
    Toggle Lights = L
    Engage/Disengage SuperCruise = J ²
    Engage/Abort Hyperspace = H ²
    Look around = right mouse button & mouse movement
    Navigation/Contacts Panel = 1
    Comms Panel = 2
    Systems Panel = 3
    Radar Panel = 4
    Reset Focus (return to 'normal view') = Left Shift
    Back in panels & menus = Q
    Back to Galaxy map from the System View = Q
    Next Tab in Panels = E
    Previous Tab in Panels = W
    Quick Comms = Spacebar
    Deploy/Stow Weapons = Enter
    Next Firegroup = .
    Previous Firegroup = ,
    Toggle Silent Running = Del
    Deploy Heatsink = V
    Increase Scanner Range = PageUp
    Decrease Scanner range = PageDown
    Power Distribution = Arrow keys (SYS = left, ENG = up, WEP = right, balanced = down)
    Eject all cargo = Backspace
    Target 1st wingman = 7
    Target 2nd wingman = 8
    Target 3rd wingman = 9
    Select wingman's target = 0
    Wingman Nav-lock = -
    Select next Nav Target on Route = +
    Toggle Debug Camera = Tab

And Joystick functions:
    Pitch/Roll/Yaw = Y/X/Z -axes, Z-axis = stick twist (for Yaw)
    Throttle = Throttle (forward only)
    Toggle Reverse Throttle = Button 9
    Primary Fire / Deploy Hardponts = Trigger (Button 1)
    Secondary Fire = Thumb Trigger (Button 2)
    Select Target / Select Menu Item = Button 3 (bottom left button around hat switch)
    Cycle Previous Subsystem = Button 5 (top left button around hat switch)
    Cycle Next Target = Button 6 (top right button around hat switch)
    Boost = Button 4 (bottom right button around hat switch)
    Lateral/Vertical Thrusters / Move Cursor in Menus = Hat Switch
    Toggle Flight Assist = Button 11
    Toggle Landing Gear = Button 12
    Toggle cargo Scoop = Button 10
    Fire Chaff = Button 7
    Use Shield Cell = Button 8

¹ X = 0 for Alpha testers, 1 for Premium Beta Testers, 2 for Standard Beta Testers and 3 for Gamma Testers
    ² because it was so in Elite and is so in Oolite
    ³ if you were playing any previous Release 1.x.xx version, the game most probably updates your Custom.binds so that this file is not needed, but you have to bind the new 1.2 controls yourself. (Better to check your bindings in Options/Controls to be sure. )
    Interested Parties: If your like me, I spent about an hour looking for this directory and never found it, (<Your E: D Install Dir>\EDLaunch\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-100X\ControlSchemes ¹) weather I missed typed it or what, I don't know. But after taking a two hour break from the computer it came to me. Zieman purchased the game from Frontier directly, I purchase mine from Steam and let Steam install the game. This means the "ControlSchemes" folder would be in a totally different location. Below is the directory I found it in.
    > \Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-1010\ControlSchemes

Please notice "FORC-FDEV-D-1010" directory is different than the example provided above, its the little things in windows 8 that drive you ape @#$^.
    I hope this helps people like myself, as I just purchased this game and it only offered me Generic Joystick to choose from.

Thanks to those whom put the effort in to help others.

Originally Posted by BugsMI View Post (Source)
    Please notice "FORC-FDEV-D-1010" directory is different than the example provided above, its the little things in windows 8 that drive you ape @#$^.
    I hope this helps people like myself, as I just purchased this game and it only offered me Generic Joystick to choose from.
    Thanks for letting us know about this, I've amended my post.

Hi guys, noob here.

I'm using your great layout but I'm encountering a weird issue I cannot seem to correct...

While using the Menu to my left, I can use the POV toggle to select everything on the first page...but it will not let me go to the next page (Navigation) and beyond. Thus, I cannot dock with any stations....

If you have any suggestions, please let me know :-/

Use 'e' or 'w' - I think.

Forgive me, I solved my own problem after posting this lol. Apparently asking you is all the inspiration I needed.

Originally Posted by Zyrilius View Post (Source)
    Apparently asking you is all the inspiration I needed.
    <chortles> In that case, I'll not bother answering next time.

Noob here as well. I have everything working as described (Thanks!). I have a weird issue. I can't use my mouse to select things in the menus, or is this not available? I've seen YouTubers navigate the menu system of the ship with ease by using the mouse. I can't even get a pointer to select or click on things. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast