Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro? - NOT FORCE 3D PRO

Originally Posted by HaB1971 View Post (Source)
    Thanks Zieman that setup was almost 100% perfect for me.. a tweak here and there and now I'm rocking... mixed it up with some Cobra's agaisnt my sidewinder and I kicked their butts... mouse and keyboard wasn't fully cutting it
    Cool!

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
    My Elite: Dangerous videos , Logitech Extreme 3D Pro bindings , Explorer visual reference

Forget Batman, Zieman you are my hero now (till the next marvel/dc movie comes out least), you saved me probably a week in experimenting to find the perfect mappings

Originally Posted by Vici View Post (Source)
    Forget Batman, Zieman you are my hero now (till the next marvel/dc movie comes out least), you saved me probably a week in experimenting to find the perfect mappings
    Wow, you're welcome!

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
    My Elite: Dangerous videos , Logitech Extreme 3D Pro bindings , Explorer visual reference

I also have the Logitech E3DPro, however I have noticed that both the roll and pitch rates on the joystick are the same no matter how much the stick is deflected. As an example if i lightly pitch the joystick up in game, the pitch rate is same as if I had fully deflected the stick in that direction. The problem for me is that i am not able to accurately track targets without over shooting. I have tried adjusting the null zones in game with any success. I have also tried recalibrating the joystick this makes no difference either.

Does anybody else have this problem?

I am running ED on Windows 7 in Bootcamp on a Macbook Pro.

I use that stick and It works fine. My top tip is to set up pitch/roll/yaw using the "axis" settings, rather than push forward for down, pull back for up, push right for right, twist left... You get the idea.

BTW, I hope the coolie hat will be supported eventually. One of the reasons I chose that model (besides yaw and lots of buttons) is I thought it would be awesome for fine targeting adjustments.
    FOUNDER! (She was hiding in the ring system.)

Combat: Dangerous
    Trade: Tycoon
    Exploration: Elite (The old fashioned way)
    Federation: Lieutenant
    Empire: Viscount
    Mosquito: Mostly Annoying

Originally Posted by Beech View Post (Source)
    I also have the Logitech E3DPro, however I have noticed that both the roll and pitch rates on the joystick are the same no matter how much the stick is deflected. As an example if i lightly pitch the joystick up in game, the pitch rate is same as if I had fully deflected the stick in that direction. The problem for me is that i am not able to accurately track targets without over shooting. I have tried adjusting the null zones in game with any success. I have also tried recalibrating the joystick this makes no difference either.

Does anybody else have this problem?

I am running ED on Windows 7 in Bootcamp on a Macbook Pro.
    I used to have that problem. See my previous post about axis settings.
    FOUNDER! (She was hiding in the ring system.)

Combat: Dangerous
    Trade: Tycoon
    Exploration: Elite (The old fashioned way)
    Federation: Lieutenant
    Empire: Viscount
    Mosquito: Mostly Annoying

When I used this stick, I'm pretty sure I just used the profile for X52 and then remapped the throttle controls to keyboard (I wasn't a fan of the little flipper).

Originally Posted by Mysturji View Post (Source)
    I used to have that problem. See my previous post about axis settings.
    Problem Fixed.
    Thanks Mysturji!

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    I use Logitech Extreme 3D Pro too.

Here's my setup:
    https://app.box.com/s/9g2oztwola4j6jbhadrd

And same visually (click on the pics to see 'em bigger):
    Thanks a lot for this!! Am just starting the single player missions.
    Good to have a setup that works for multiple pilots here.

If I keep getting blown to smithereens, at least now I know it's because of my awful piloting skills

Cmdr. Walt, founder.

Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post (Source)
    Thanks a lot for this!! Am just starting the single player missions.
    Good to have a setup that works for multiple pilots here.

If I keep getting blown to smithereens, at least now I know it's because of my awful piloting skills

Snakebyte

what does one do with the fsave_options007.zip?

cheers

[QUOTE=Zieman;351304]I use Logitech Extreme 3D Pro too.

Here's my setup:

what do i do with the save file?

cheers

Originally Posted by Jacksy View Post (Source)
    what does one do with the fsave_options007.zip?
    Extract it to C:\Users\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\Frontier Developments\Options

I think it is the file that stores the control setup, at least its last modified date changed when I adjusted my control setup. The path is correct at least up to \Roaming part (now away from my own PC, relying on my memory here), you should see a file named fsave_options007 (don't remember the extension), or fsave_options006 (IIRC in Alpha 1.0 it was 006, not sure when it changed to 007). AppData is a hidden folder, so you have to enable seeing hidden files & folders. Of course, copy the original one for safekeeping, if my file doesn't work, or just delete it to reset everything to default, E: D will make a new file (again, IIRC, I once deleted the whole folder to test installing in other locations than default, found out there's no need to delete it).

If unsure, just look at the pics, they show my setup in game. I included the file in the hope that you could transfer control setup with it - so if anyone has tried, does it work?

Extract it to C:\Users\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\Frontier Developments\Options
    (...)
    If unsure, just look at the pics, the show my setup in game. I included the file in the hope that you could transfer control setup with it - so if anyone has tried, does it work?
    I matched the settings by use of the pictures only.

Mind you. The pictures are slightly different from what I found in my own "Control" section. I'm using the single player Premium Beta. Some options are named (somewhat) differently and are placed in different sections of the list. But eventually it comes down to the same and it's easy to configure manually.

Cmdr. Walt, founder.

I think it is the file that stores the control setup, at least its last modified date changed when I adjusted my control setup. The path is correct at least up to \Roaming part (now away from my own PC, relying on my memory here), you should see a file named fsave_options007 (don't remember the extension), or fsave_options006 (IIRC in Alpha 1.0 it was 006, not sure when it changed to 007). AppData is a hidden folder, so you have to enable seeing hidden files & folders. Of course, copy the original one for safekeeping, if my file doesn't work, or just delete it to reset everything to default, E: D will make a new file (again, IIRC, I once deleted the whole folder to test installing in other locations than default, found out there's no need to delete it).

If unsure, just look at the pics, they show my setup in game. I included the file in the hope that you could transfer control setup with it - so if anyone has tried, does it work?
    Thanks very much

Hey everyone, this may not be of use to most, but I thought I would join the forum just to post this anyways in case someone ends up having the same issues I had with my 3D Pro and ED.

My 3D Pro seemed to work fine in other games as did other peripherals hooked up to my PC, but in ED the ship was constantly "listing lazily to the left", the RZ axis wasn't working, and there were other issues mapping buttons. Turns out the problem was vJoy which I had on my PC from a previous Xbox gamepad emulator. Deleting the vJoy device in the vJoy program didn't work. Uninstalling the program sisn't work either. I had to uninstall the vJoy program, then go into device manager and uninstall "vJoy Device" under game controllers AND under human interface devices, as well as opting to delete the driver software when it uninstalled.

All is good now. Hopefully this helps someone else.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast