Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro? - NOT FORCE 3D PRO

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    Extract it to C:\Users\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\Frontier Developments\Options

I think it is the file that stores the control setup, at least its last modified date changed when I adjusted my control setup. The path is correct at least up to \Roaming part (now away from my own PC, relying on my memory here), you should see a file named fsave_options007 (don't remember the extension), or fsave_options006 (IIRC in Alpha 1.0 it was 006, not sure when it changed to 007). AppData is a hidden folder, so you have to enable seeing hidden files & folders. Of course, copy the original one for safekeeping, if my file doesn't work, or just delete it to reset everything to default, E: D will make a new file (again, IIRC, I once deleted the whole folder to test installing in other locations than default, found out there's no need to delete it).

If unsure, just look at the pics, they show my setup in game. I included the file in the hope that you could transfer control setup with it - so if anyone has tried, does it work?

Zieman
    I do not think that file is for the control mapping mate. Have you got the file Custom.binds from your

#########\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

Originally Posted by ReevJax View Post (Source)
    I do not see this, very popular, joy stick in the settings for the game. I have been trying to mess around with doing it custom but it is actually pretty difficult.

Does anyone have this joystick working and how they mapped it?
    I have it and it works a treat. However i have trackir so therefore can use the hat switch for the lateral and vertical thrusters which actually works quite well. I also use the keyboard and voice attack sometimes as well as roccat on the tablet. It has A LOT of controls.

Originally Posted by ReevJax View Post (Source)
    I do not see this, very popular, joy stick in the settings for the game. I have been trying to mess around with doing it custom but it is actually pretty difficult.

Does anyone have this joystick working and how they mapped it?
    Might be an idea to get the product and vendor ID from dxdiag and put it in the sticky thread thats in general I think.

Originally Posted by Jacksy View Post (Source)
    Zieman
    I do not think that file is for the control mapping mate. Have you got the file Custom.binds from your

#########\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings
    Here: EDIT: link to obsolete file removed

fsave_options007 was for Alpha 3.X, FDEV changed the way control bindings are saved in Alpha 4.X.

Originally Posted by Daeron View Post (Source)
    That's a really awesome clean and no-nonsense design.
    One of the few joysticks that can sit on a grown man's desk and not look ridiculous.

Didn't read it all but I found when I bound Yaw Axix to Joy X-Axis and not set the joy stick to use Yaw Left or Yaw Right it helped a lot. If my joystick was mapped to Yaw Left and Yaw right I had poor control but with it on the analog input it works the way it should.

Calebe

Originally Posted by Commander_Tin View Post (Source)
    One of the few joysticks that can sit on a grown man's desk and not look ridiculous.
    it is indeed. nice to have the odd aestheticians about

I also have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro however it doesn't appear to be recognised when trying to set it up in the controls section in options.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

EDIT I think that I may have figured it out now :-)

Thanks Zieman, and everybody else

Question

I use Logitech Extreme 3D Pro too.

Here's my setup:
    https://app.box.com/s/9g2oztwola4j6jbhadrd

And same visually (click on the pics to see 'em bigger):

Heya.
    How and where do I use that file?
    Cheers

Originally Posted by Duae View Post (Source)
    Heya.
    How and where do I use that file?
    Cheers
    The pics are a bit old & don't cover all aspects.

removed obsolete links

The pics are a bit old & don't cover all aspects.

You should instead grab the Custom.binds
    https://app.box.com/s/8eglllwqw5re31se7zp9
    and save it to
    C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

or selectable preset (goes to *your E: D install dir*\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-1000\ControlSchemes):
    https://app.box.com/s/amz4zxqzq75ruk1jo54a
    Thanks, mate. And if I change the name to something random like Mybuildhohoho.binds will that work?

Originally Posted by Duae View Post (Source)
    Thanks, mate. And if I change the name to something random like Mybuildhohoho.binds will that work?
    If you put it then to:
    *your E: D install dir*\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-1000\ControlSchemes
    it should be available as selectable preset in E: D options/controls
    and it should work.

If you apply any changes to the scheme (in game options), it will be saved as Custom.binds in your:
    C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

Just got one of these today, delivered from a buy it now on Ebay, ordered yesterday morning, got it this morning. How cool is that?

I was having many of the problems that are mentioned in this post, but once I downloaded the custom bindings and installed it where I was told to I found the joystick a joy to use (no pun intended).

Before I used these settings the joystick was very unresponsive (set to pitch up and down), but now I've changed that with the binding settings all sorts of joy and happiness are coming my way, and I'm even starting to hit things

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast