Page 65 of 98 First 61636465666769 Last

Thread: Infinity Battlescape

Visuals look terrific. Any ETA on showcasing some of the announced core gameplay features?

Weekly Update #34

source link

Posted by I-NovaeKeith CEO & Cofounder

It's that special time of the week again, weekly update time! This last week has been a particularly busy one as we released a new patch, pre-Alpha 0.1.6.0, yesterday to our Developer Access+ backers! This patch contains a whole bunch of new content including the completed hauler, new cockpits, and the prototype geometry for land bases and factories. If you're interested you can read the full patch notes on our forums.

Screen shot from the new patch of the interceptor cockpit and hauler

There's a good chance this may be the only patch we release this month as we finish up the last pieces of low level infrastructure such as networking, the pledge upgrade system, and incremental patching. On the art side work will continue on finishing up the corvette cockpit and exterior hulls for the small ships. We've also started mocking up our UI which we hope to start integrating into the game in November.

You probably didn't notice but we upgraded the buttons - they're now Super Sexy

Looking further out into the future the first big-ticket new gameplay system will be weapons followed by the resource system. Our primary goal is to get all major gameplay systems mocked up as soon as possible so we can release the Alpha. Once that occurs a process of implementing lesser systems and continual refinement will take us to the Beta. After the Beta ships we'll begin final polish and an optimization pass before going gold. We're just taking it one day at a time while keeping an eye on the prize - shipping Infinity: Battlescape to all of you!

One last screen shot of the hauler because why not, it's pirty

Pledge now via this website (indiegogo)

(Pledge upgrades coming soon to the I:B website)

The I-Novae Engine - Pure Digital Art

Infinity: Battlescape forums: https://forums.inovaestudios.com

Procedurally generated in-game screen shots from the latest development build - Infinity Battlescape Prototype patch 0.1.6.0.

kindly Shared by - SpaceJay - on Imgur (link)

All bodies in a solar system roughly the size of ours @1:1 scale, is what's currently planned.

Radiuses:

Rethe Prime (Gas Giant): 78000 Km
    Sarake (Earth like): 6360 Km
    Aresthia (Mars like): 5000 Km
    Cinder (Volcanic): 3850 Km

*more to follow*

Multiply by 2 for diameters.

4K images.

Pledge now via the website (indiegogo)

*pledge upgrades coming soon to the I:B website. (PayPal inc)

I seem to have dislocated my jaw, and the room has become flooded with drool at the above shots. O.o

Originally Posted by Lobstris View Post (Source)
    I seem to have dislocated my jaw, and the room has become flooded with drool at the above shots. O.o

very good..

This has so much of an x-wing vibe....

...and i love it.

Originally Posted by JonnyRedHed View Post (Source)
    The devs know we really want this polish. Atmospheric clouds/weather might happen yes, but its dependant on the extra funds raised between now and this time next year into 2018.
    Is the release date in 2018?

Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    Is the release date in 2018?
    Yes 2018 as far as I know.

---

A mega screen shots post from the current development build, if you want to see the Infinity: Battlescape ProGen work.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post4405718

Weekly Update #35

source link

Posted by I-NovaeKeith CEO & Cofounder

Sorry for the delay but here's a new weekly update. Per usual the last week has been quite busy. Flavien has made significant progress on the networking code, unfortunately there isn't anything to show, but it's starting to come together. Despite the progress being made there's still a good chunk of work left concerning client-side prediction and server-side latency compensation. Both are very important for smooth multiplayer gameplay but are equally tricky problems to solve. These improvements should be fairly noticeable once we release the next patch to Developer Access+ backers.

WIP shot of a space station

Unfortunately for me last week was one of those weeks where I had to take care of a lot of technical support, administrative stuff like accounting, and infrastructure issues. In mid September our forums went down for a few days due to one of our servers somehow getting magically corrupted. While everything is back up and running there are some lingering issues affecting new accounts that may prevent them from having proper access to the game and/or forums. These are being worked on and I hope to have everything back at 100% soon.

Another WIP station shot next to our ships

On the art side we're working on finishing up the corvette cockpit and we've started on the exteriors for the small ships. Kristian has also created some high level HUD mockups. These are focused on the broad look and feel. Composition of HUD items still needs a lot of iteration. The most difficult HUD item will likely be radar. Just like the visual style of Infinity: Battlescape we want our implementation of radar to be a blend of present day realism and futuristic sci-fi. Most of that will likely be determined by playtesting once we begin the Alpha.

High level HUD rough mockup

Pledge now via this website (indiegogo)

(Pledge upgrades coming soon to the I:B website)

I do hope buttons in cockpit are clickable and that the primary source of informations will be instruments. Helmet-mounted display could still serve for things like target acquiring and tracking.

Planets, variety and detail generally seems higher than ED on those shots.

I think the lighting on the ships and in the ships is better in ED and the ship design is better in ED as are the ED cockpits.
    So what I say from these examples is I still prefer ED ships, but a lot of the celestial bodies look better in these screen shots.

deleted so the screen shot post can be top of next page.

Main difference I see, those planets actually have cliffs and pointy features. Everything in ED seems molten.

Frontier has to add horizontal displacement.

Procedurally generated in-game screen shots from the latest development build. All WIP.

kindly Shared by - SpaceJay - on the I-Novae forums (link)

All bodies in a solar system roughly the size of ours @1:1 scale, is what's currently planned.

Radiuses:

Rethe Prime (Gas Giant): 78000 Km
    Sarake (Earth like): 6360 Km
    Aresthia (Mars like): 5000 Km
    Cinder (Volcanic): 3850 Km

*more to follow*

Multiply by 2 for diameters.

Here are some WIP first shots from patch 0.1.6.0:

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

Pledge now via the website (indiegogo)

*pledge upgrades coming soon to the I:B website. (PayPal inc)