Page 66 of 98 First 62646566676870 Last

Thread: Infinity Battlescape

A couple of recent videos from Naiba from the latest dev build of the game. WIP.

Procedurally generated in-game screen shots from the latest development build. All WIP.

kindly Shared by - SpaceJay - on the I-Novae forums (link)

All bodies in a solar system roughly the size of ours @1:1 scale, is what's currently planned.

Radiuses:

Rethe Prime (Gas Giant): 78000 Km
    Sarake (Earth like): 6360 Km
    Aresthia (Mars like): 5000 Km
    Cinder (Volcanic): 3850 Km

*more to follow*

Multiply by 2 for diameters.

Here are some WIP first shots from patch 0.1.6.0:

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

The I-Novae Engine - Pure Digital Art

Pledge now via the website (indiegogo)

*pledge upgrades coming soon to the I:B website. (PayPal inc)

Infinity: Battlescape forums: https://forums.inovaestudios.com

Stunning pic's as usual Johny! Rep+

Weekly Update #36

source link

Posted by I-NovaeKeith CEO & Cofounder

And another week bites the dust. Some of you may have noticed that our forums went down for a few hours earlier this week. That was due to the maintenance I spoke about during the last weekly update. I'm thrilled to report that the last of the forums issues caused by our outage in September have been resolved.

Updated WIP mockup of the HUD (not in-game)

Over the last few days we've spent a lot of time thinking about the HUD of which you can see the latest mockup above. Our guiding theme for the SFC faction is balancing 80's industrial sci-fi with advancements in technology you could expect way out in the future. To that end we want our HUD to be a blending of what you'd see in modern military aircraft and futuristic elements you would need to make newtonian spaceflight manageable.

You'll notice in the top left corner we have radar similar to what you'd find in many other space games. This is just a placeholder as radar is currently one of the least defined systems in the game. We expect it will morph heavily over time once we get into Alpha.

WIP mockup of the main menu (not in-game)

We've also done some mockups of the main menu system. You'll notice from the picture above there's nothing particularly glamorous about them. We've discussed the possibility of zooming around the solar system as you open different menus but that will likely depend on how much time we have during the polish phase (probably not much).

A couple of new station mockups

A couple of new patches have been released for the I-Novae launcher and the installation runtime over the last week. We're fixing problems and releasing patches as backers find them. Unfortunately this has come at the expense of finishing the pledge upgrade system however we're currently only aware of 2 remaining outstanding issues with the installation runtime so we'll be getting back to the pledge upgrade system shortly. A lot of backers have been asking us when it'll be ready and it's one of our top priorities.

Updated shot of the corvette cockpit

To summarize we're currently finishing up the networking improvements and pledge upgrade system. Once those are complete we'll be moving onto implementing weapons, our new menu/HUD system, and incremental patching.

Pledge now via this website (indiegogo)

(Pledge upgrades coming soon to the I:B website)

Digging that industrial 80's feel! UI looks solid and gives me that cool old Mechwarrior vibe. Main-screen looks functional and the cockpit made with function and visibility in mind! Great update Red!

New (work in progress) HUD Feedback thread on I:B forums - (source link)

Posted by I-NovaeFlavien CTO/President & Cofounder

We're looking for feedback whether it's on visual style ( I want to experiment with a helmet cylindrical deformation at the corners too ), coloring / theme, and of course functionalities.

Many of the HUD elements will be hidden unless necessary.

For example in space we won't display the planet altimeter, artificial horizon etc.. Shields will only show up when damaged. Communications will only show up when somebody's currently saying something. So the mockup is a "maximalist / full" representation, but your average game it should be less busy.

See large image in spoiler below for HUD layout info. Or open the image below in new tab.

Many of the HUD elements will be hidden unless necessary. For example in space we won't display the planet altimeter, artificial horizon etc.. Shields will only show up when damaged. Communications will only show up when somebody's currently saying something. So the mockup is a "maximalist / full" representation, but your average game it should be less busy.

Are there elements missing that you think might be useful in a battle, or while navigating the solar system ?

Other screens are not yet finalized. We'll most likely have one for the solar system map ( selecting a respawn point, viewing battles hotspots, assigning objectives ); another one for the player stats ( holding tab in other games like Battlefield: viewing kill/death ratios, ranks, who is winning etc.. ); we're also thinking of a selection wheel for weapons in game ( hold a key and the wheel opens ).

Continue reading comments on the New WIP HUD Feedback thread on I:B forums - (source link)

Pledge now via this website (indiegogo)

(Pledge upgrades coming soon to the I:B website)

^^Much better than that tragedy of Star Citizen's HUD...

Originally Posted by Neo-ST View Post (Source)
    ^^Much better than that tragedy of Star Citizen's HUD...
    And Elite: Dangerous' 'HUD'.

Procedurally generated in-game screen shots from the latest development build. All WIP.

All bodies in a solar system roughly the size of ours @1:1 scale, is what's currently planned.

Radiuses:

*more to follow*

Here are some WIP first shots from patch 0.1.6.0:

Sarake blue: (4K)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

These are outstanding new Progen screen shots.

Radiuses:

*more to follow*

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

These are outstanding new Progen screen shots.

Radiuses:

*more to follow*

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

(4k)

Originally Posted by JonnyRedHed View Post (Source)
    Not that I don't appreciate having all these updates mirrored here, but are you working for INova or are you just a fan who's made it their obligation ot mirror every bit of news about Infinity Battlescape here?

Originally Posted by BurnyBurns View Post (Source)
    Not that I don't appreciate having all these updates mirrored here, but are you working for INova or are you just a fan who's made it their obligation ot mirror every bit of news about Infinity Battlescape here?
    Been wondering this myself.

I think he is just a fan, I`ve seen him posting on their forums like any other regular community member. I, for one, appreciate his effort to keep us informed about the progress. Although I admit that I would prefer to see news rather than tons of planetary screenshots taken from every possible angle. I mean, we already know that their procedural generation is superb. I am more interested about the gameplay at this point.

Originally Posted by Y'Berion View Post (Source)
    I think he is just a fan, I`ve seen him posting on their forums like any other regular community member. I, for one, appreciate his effort to keep us informed about the progress. Although I admit that I would prefer to see news rather than tons of planetary screenshots taken from every possible angle. I mean, we already know that their procedural generation is superb. I am more interested about the gameplay at this point.
    A fan ending every other post with this?

I really don't mind the updates. But this smells like a bot, whether we're talking about an actual program or a person of flesh and blood, stoically re-posting every bit of news, not caring for all their double posts, due to lack of nearly any discussion surrounding Infinity Battlescape here.