Page 2 of 400 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

I'm in too.

Guess I should plan on swinging back by civilized space to fit one of these before heading out to Great Annihilator again.

Originally Posted by mjmw View Post (Source)
    Maybe...once...just a couple of days ago...full story here (to avoid hijacking this thread)

In light of this, I am probably not the best qualified to offer refuelling help
    Thank you for a nice story. I'll try to learn from your mistake (yeah, right, not going to happen).
    Anyway, 19 kylies, that is about 8 to 10 hours in an ASP without pushing too hard, so two evenings given that I have "permission" from "CINC** HOME". I would give that a go.

**CINC = Commander in Chief

It's a trap!

(I know it's not, but that's what people tell me when I try to help them in game)

Just had a thought based on my recent experience - anyone stranded needs to make sure they do not deplete their reserve tank - you need to open your cargo hatch to take on fuel, which requires power, and you need fuel for power.

Just had a thought based on my recent experience - anyone stranded needs to make sure they do not deplete their reserve tank - you need to open your cargo hatch to take on fuel, which requires power, and you need fuel for power.
    Good point, also not sure how the fuel drones will work, but you may need to be able to move to scoop them.

Which is a thought.... you will be using fuel the whole time you are waiting, so what's to say you don't run out before someone can get to you?

Originally Posted by Whiterose View Post (Source)
    Good point, also not sure how the fuel drones will work, but you may need to be able to move to scoop them.
    I am not in the beta but from what I have seen on twitch streams, the refueller 'targets' the recipient, so you just sit there with your hatch open.

I am also interested how much weight the kit will take as you need controller modules and cargo space for the drones.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Traveller_GG View Post (Source)
    Which is a thought.... you will be using fuel the whole time you are waiting, so what's to say you don't run out before someone can get to you?
    Yes...although being logged out for the interim should solve that problem, although immersion breaking.

Not sure if you got my PM! Count me in!!!

Thanks!

Add me too (Cmdr Skibbering).

Though I'm just on my way back in, probably will be hanging around (un)civilised space for a while, unless I see the bat-signal.

Count me in - happy to carry fuel

Such a nice thing to do! If the day comes that I dare to enter open play Ill make sure to sign up as well.

Originally Posted by Daemonara View Post (Source)
    Such a nice thing to do! If the day comes that I dare to enter open play Ill make sure to sign up as well.
    For those who don't venture into open, a dedicated group would surely be possible. (Kind of like the DayZ rescue servers.)

International Space Rescue! Great to see more non-kill-Kill-KILL roles!

Next up, some Salvage or Repair roles, maybe even some construction?

the refueller 'targets' the recipient, so you just sit there with your hatch open.
    Correction, it seems you don't need to open the cargo hatch - so it may be possible to fuel a ship completely out of fuel - I am happy to test this with someone once 1.3 is released

Originally Posted by Traveller_GG View Post (Source)
    I thought you only use fuel in super-cruise, not in low-speed flight, is that incorrect?

Page 2 of 400 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast