Page 6 of 400 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

I seem to remember it's about 1.3t maybe 2t for the fuel transfer controller then you need limpets. Each limpet can transfer 1ton of fuel if I remember correctly.

Higher class ones get quite heavy but can control more than one limpet.

Originally Posted by MattBW View Post (Source)
    I seem to remember it's about 1.5t maybe 2t for the fuel transfer controller then you need limpets. Each limpet can transfer 1ton of fuel if I remember correctly.
    I am not in-game, how many limpets ? And do you refuel them or one time use ?

Single use I believe, the bigger controllers e.g a1 can control 1 limpet at a time I believe a5 can control 4.

Brilliant, i had a smile on my face when i read this.

You should get Galnet News to advertise for you.

Originally Posted by Surly_Badger View Post (Source)
    (This will go active when 3.1 drops for general use and fuel probes are available. I will be editing this head-post periodically to add names and will mark it live when fuel probes are available)

This is mostly for explorers (hence it's in the exploration forum) but if you're out of gas and staring at the big button labelled self destruct, you might want to ask here, anyway. Some Fuel Rat might help you.

Take my fully appreciation and reputation for your newly created business case.
    I am not in the void (yet) but day is comming I will take my ride to Sag A* and then
    it might happen that I need your assistance.

Great Job!

Best Regards,
    Miklos

Originally Posted by dognosh View Post (Source)
    I am not in-game, how many limpets ? And do you refuel them or one time use ?
    Single use I believe, the bigger controllers e.g a1 can control 1 limpet at a time I believe a5 can control 4.
    EDShipyard has the 1.3 features. Looks like a 1D controller is optimal for exploration (low mass) as speed of transfer and range would not be critical - this will transfer 1 tonne of fuel at a max range of 0.8km. I think the limpets take up cargo space but you only need to get the stranded CMDR to the nearest scoopable. Which means that you need to know how far they need to travel and what sort of ship they are in to work out how much fuel they need. Get that wrong and you could end up with two CMDRs stranded without enough fuel to get to the nearest scoopable

A quick build to test the weight of kit: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=70g,,2...fa05UmpU2jw2UI

EDIT: BTW, limpets are one time use - they go bang in a satisfying way

I also would be happy to assist a fellow explorer if the need did arise Commander Deep Fried Mal at your assistance.

I was wondering how the fact you start in solo and have to jump to enter open would effect you if you logged out or disconnected?

Anyone fancy testing this?bim happy to try in beta6. It may mean if you log you can't be rescued? You may have to remain logged in for any chance.

Hmmm. I'm not sure if that's entirely correct. I know when you First start the game, for your maiden flight, that is truth. But once that's pass, you are actually logging on Open directly.

Otherwise, all your contacts in friends would show as (Solo) and then in Open after the first jump of every session. Not the case. It doesnt seem to work that way.

Also, you wouldnt be able to spot in the Galmap as soon as they log in. And you can.

Lastly, you wouldnt be able to have them join a wing or they couldnt invite people to a wing until after first jump, and this is also possible, which is ultimately what's needed between customer and Rat, so the Rat can jump in their beacon.

Sign me up as well (CMDR Tabak Ratiis)

// G

here is an option if possible,

The Op can be "King Rat" and he opens a private Server called "The Fuel Rats", anyone who volunteers to be a rat gets access to that server on a permanent basis. The stranded CMDR requests help here and the King Rat gives him access to the server, then they can both log into that server for the transfer.

once complete the King Rat can remove access to the saved CMDR. this way there is no worry of Gankers coming to do the nasty and the transfer is done in a safe environment. Also a couple posts ago somebody mentioned that you cannot name and shame a Ganker on the forums, well once one is discovered the King Rat can keep a record and if the Ganker calls again he will know who he is and not give access.

its a basic idea and a few more rules might need to be thought up/ironed out, but i think it sounds ok.

Originally Posted by Ozmodion View Post (Source)
    here is an option if possible,

The Op can be "King Rat" and he opens a private Server called "The Fuel Rats", anyone who volunteers to be a rat gets access to that server on a permanent basis. The stranded CMDR requests help here and the King Rat gives him access to the server, then they can both log into that server for the transfer.

once complete the King Rat can remove access to the saved CMDR. this way there is no worry of Gankers coming to do the nasty and the transfer is done in a safe environment. Also a couple posts ago somebody mentioned that you cannot name and shame a Ganker on the forums, well once one is discovered the King Rat can keep a record and if the Ganker calls again he will know who he is and not give access.

its a basic idea and a few more rules might need to be thought up/ironed out, but i think it sounds ok.
    I approve that idea, like I said earlier, some DayZ rescue teams work the same way. Well, without spaceships.

All hail the King Rat!

Originally Posted by mjmw View Post (Source)
    EDShipyard has the 1.3 features. Looks like a 1D controller is optimal for exploration (low mass) as speed of transfer and range would not be critical - this will transfer 1 tonne of fuel at a max range of 0.8km. I think the limpets take up cargo space but you only need to get the stranded CMDR to the nearest scoopable. Which means that you need to know how far they need to travel and what sort of ship they are in to work out how much fuel they need. Get that wrong and you could end up with two CMDRs stranded without enough fuel to get to the nearest scoopable

A quick build to test the weight of kit: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=70g,,2...fa05UmpU2jw2UI

I was having a look at your build, that 6A fuel scoop is way way WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYY overpriced for the benefits it gives over the 6B. 21m credits difference ouch

Originally Posted by Ozmodion View Post (Source)
    I was having a look at your build, that 6A fuel scoop is way way WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYY overpriced for the benefits it gives over the 6B. 21m credits difference ouch
    If you can afford it, why not?

Originally Posted by mjmw View Post (Source)
    What happens in the void stays in the void....

Page 6 of 400 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast