Page 1 of 33 1236 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

IF YOU NEED RESCUE:
    Head over to fuelrats.org and follow the "RESCUE ME" links to the chat window and talk to the dispatcher. Just say "RATSIGNAL" and you will get everyone's undivided attention.

The Fuel Rat's Code of Conduct:

1. I have fuel
    2. You don't
    3. Any questions?

Fuel Rats Propaganda Department

Edit: I had signed up but now I sign off.

I'm too focused on exploration to be a Fuel Rat. But you have my unwavering support!

I ran out of fuel once in my first two days. Once I realized that this game would not only let you die, but would actually force you to kill yourself from ignorance, I fell in love with it. I haven't stopped playing since.

But before I blew myself up, I saw in the systems panel that you could turn on a beacon and it made me think... if only some nice person could come by to help me refuel, then I wouldn't have to roleplay dying which hurts even in a fully covered sidewinder! So Yeah, short story long, if the call is very far with lots of data at stake, or very near with all their worldly possessions in their brand new hauler, I will be available for a fuel rat run to the rescue.

Always happy to help fellow explorers.

Count me in.

Does 1.3 have repair limpets that can fix (other) ships? Or is it just the fuel transfer?

That is exactly how it happened for me as well. I was in supersruise, and I did not have enough fuel to make another jump. So, I had to do the inevitable and kill myself. Then I went...I love this game!

Originally Posted by C3GeekyO View Post (Source)
    That is exactly how it happened for me as well. I was in supersruise, and I did not have enough fuel to make another jump. So, I had to do the inevitable and kill myself. Then I went...I love this game!
    I'm sorry about your loss.

Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post (Source)
    Count me in!
    Me too CMDR Terence44

God damnit and work

Guys, those are awesome numbers coming in - word-of-mouth, Galnet and IRC seem to be hitting the mark.

Work's still taking most of my time this week, but I've essentially got the weekend to myself so

"I'm in the zone this weekend, Rats. I'm gonna do some serious running, putting up some big numbers."

You're making me proud you know, I'm welling up, dabbing my eyes man; #manhugs

About the same time as Beonfrid's rescue, I also got called up to save a 2-day old player in a sidey. Visited Dionysis in NTT 48288 and transferred 2t of fuel.
    We were investigated by 3 system authorities soon as I dropped into the system. TBH, without my trusty Anuranium providing overwatch, the Master Viper and 2 Competent Eagles would have made mince meat of our poor client. Luckily, scans came back negative and we were allowed to continue unimpeded.

Originally Posted by domaq View Post (Source)
    About the same time as Beonfrid's rescue, I also got called up to save a 2-day old player in a sidey. Visited Dionysis in NTT 48288 and transferred 2t of fuel.
    We were investigated by 3 system authorities soon as I dropped into the system. TBH, without my trusty Anuranium providing overwatch, the Master Viper and 2 Competent Eagles would have made mince meat of our poor client. Luckily, scans came back negative and we were allowed to continue unimpeded.
    Well done and thank you for helping. I would have been able to get to him but alas, would not have had any tea left

Originally Posted by Beornfriđ View Post (Source)
    Well done and thank you for helping. I would have been able to get to him but alas, would not have had any tea left
    I like the idea of spreading the value of tea to our clients. And you've inspired me to outfit my python for this duty.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Murishani View Post (Source)
    After the galnet article I wanted to officially go on the record by saying that those instructions were originally Badgers and he deserves the credit on Galnet.
    I just cleaned up the text and put it on a sticker.
    Be as humble as you want Murishani. You're still getting praise and more rep

After the galnet article I wanted to officially go on the record by saying that those instructions were originally Badgers and he deserves the credit on Galnet.
    I just cleaned up the text and put it on a sticker.

Sign me up!

Count me in!

Page 1 of 33 1236 ... LastLast