Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of the wild - A list of pristine metallic rings

sigh

you are right
    Call of the wild - A list of pristine metallic rings:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=156428

My pristine metallic ring update from todays scans has a little bit for everyone...
    Civilized: HR 8461 (6,7)
    Not Civilized: COL 359 SECTOR ZJ-Q C5-5 (AB1, AB5 dont worry relatively close to system entry point)
    Soiwns OS-A D1-68 (1,5)
    COL 359 SECTOR DM-S C5-10 major reserves only

I'm sorry but I can't double check the COL 359 names, I seem to have trouble searching for ANY names from COL *** SECTOR type areas, does anyone else get that? So please don't be disappointed if these are "bad links" because my notes are misspelled.

I think HIP 4005
    "It had begun with Ben Ryder, who had traded almost exclusively using shot-up pirate ships. Ben had lived life on the edge, and one day, one night, one star year, he had not returned" Ben's Keyboard controls PDF & Quick Start Guide updated 5 August 14

Originally Posted by Ben Ryder View Post (Source)
    I think HIP 4005
    Yep, another. HIP 4005 (5)
    "The Monster" - "The Canonn Material and PPOI Sheet" - "Formidine Rift"
    ... --- --..-- / .. -. / - .... . / ..-. .- -.-. . / --- ..-. / --- ...- . .-. .-- .... . .-.. -- .. -. --. / --- -.. -.. ... --..-- / .. .----. -- / .-.. . ..-. - / .-- .. - .... / --- -. .-.. -.-- / --- -. . / --- .--. - .. --- -. ---... / .. .----. -- / --. --- .. -. --. / - --- / .... .- ...- . / - --- / ... -.-. .. . -. -.-. . / - .... . / ... .... .. - / --- ..- - / --- ..-. / - .... .. ...

I've found a system with 2 worlds both with 2 metal rich rings. One of them is only 200LS from the main star. Unfortunately it's almost 3000LY from Sol!

Hi there Traveller,

try to find metallic rings at planets with pristine reserves or metal rich planets (we might need them for the planet landing update) and wright down the system name and planet name.
    Never mind the distance. When you find one at 20000ly from sol it's also important ot know.

Thank you.

List updated, by the way.
    Call of the wild - A list of pristine metallic rings:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=156428

A quick question: given the size of planetary rings (usually measured in light seconds), can a Pristine ring be downgraded to a lower content category e.g. Major? If so, what influences the decay and over how long does it take?

IMGUR - YOUTUBE - TWITTER - FACEBOOK - #KeepGoingZR

This is the kind of planet I mean:

Name:  Screenshot_0149.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  193.8 KB

I know what you mean. But "metal rich" rings are quite common. So I don't list them.
    Only metallic.
    But metal rich planets( with or without rings) are rare. So I list them too.
    If you are confused please tell me. Then I would explain it in more detail.

The system where I mined enough to A-spec my Cobra was Paesia. 2A is the pristine metallic ring. Industrial. Good prices.
    Cmdr Werdna (my other favourite '80s game!)

Bhotho has pristine metallic, sometimes painite, a lot of platinum and palladium. Having no luck in HIP 51652...you mine the inner ring on the first planet? I haven't seen any painite, perhaps it actually matters where in the ring you are...
    "remember, no matter where you go, there you are." -B.Banzai

Originally Posted by John Smallberries View Post (Source)
    Bhotho has pristine metallic, sometimes painite, a lot of platinum and palladium. Having no luck in HIP 51652...you mine the inner ring on the first planet? I haven't seen any painite, perhaps it actually matters where in the ring you are...
    Hi. Yes its always the inner ring so far.
    If there is platinum and palladium there is also always painite. It is randomly dispersed, so it is just a matter of luck.

Could you tell me the planet number for Bhotho?

I'm inbound after a specifically mining-centric exploring trip. I've got a couple handfuls of systems with pristine metallic rings that I'll be posting as soon as I get my data turned in.

Originally Posted by Gorrister View Post (Source)
    Hi. Yes its always the inner ring so far
    Metallics are heavier; they are going to orbit closer in.

OK, here's a dump:
    COL 359 SECTOR WX-T C3-12 B Belt
    Name:  Screenshot_0018.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  166.3 KB

Swoiwns WT-R C20-9 (1 A Ring) AKA "El Dorado"
    Name:  Screenshot_0123.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  113.8 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_0111.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  216.2 KB
    (mining El Dorado)

Swoiwns JI-S e4-6 (3 A Ring) AKA "La Diamante"
    Name:  Screenshot_0151.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  125.2 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_0155.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  111.2 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_0169.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  187.6 KB

Lesser strikes:
    SWOIWNS DF-Z C16-8 (A belt)
    SWOIWNS TM-E C14-13 (A belt)
    SWOIWNS KY-P D6-8 A (A belt)

Closer to the bubble:
    COL 359 Sector CB-O d6-51 (5 A Ring) AKA "Yummy"
    COL 359 Sector BC-J B23-1 (A A Belt)
    COL 359 Sector PI-J c9-3 (B Belt)
    COL 359 Sector HF-F b12-4 (A A Belt)
    COL 359 Sector YI-S c4-18 (A A Belt)
    COL 359 Sector RA-O B7-2 (B A Belt) (long flight time)

Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast