Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of the wild - A list of pristine metallic rings

Can you tell the difference between metal rich and metallic rings by looking at the system map?

Bhotho AB3 inner ring...some system maps tell what kind it is...in this case my map tells me pristine metallic. Some maps don't say, perhaps it depends on whether or not a detailed surface scan is available?
    "remember, no matter where you go, there you are." -B.Banzai

Swoiwns RE-O d7-1 has a Gasgiant with Metallic Ring - its around 1Klie away from the bubble, found it just when i started looking for Metallic Rings, first and only so far

Originally Posted by John Smallberries View Post (Source)
    Bhotho AB3 inner ring...some system maps tell what kind it is...in this case my map tells me pristine metallic. Some maps don't say, perhaps it depends on whether or not a detailed surface scan is available?
    No no,

just from the colour.
    Before even going there.
    Call of the wild - A list of pristine metallic rings:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=156428

Most painful mission ever!!!

The challenge is to mine at least one ton of Painite per system I find randomly and nothing else.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_0245.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	47743
    Site 1: HIP 12554 (3), nice and bright location BUTT...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_0246.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	232.7 KB 
ID:	47744
    only worthless junk!

Thank you shields for taking the hit of an asteroid in full boost.

Fly safe!

So, I'm wondering if fields are instanced like res sites, or if the location within the field matters...definitely something to figure out someday...

Originally Posted by John Smallberries View Post (Source)
    So, I'm wondering if fields are instanced like res sites, or if the location within the field matters...definitely something to figure out someday...
    It appears that the fields are randomized when you get into them. The location doesn't really matter. I've sampled the inner edge of a metallic and the outer edge of a metallic -- about 1000km apart -- and they appear to drop more or less the same stuff.

The part I can't wrap my head around is that sometimes when I go to the same ring I get great drops and other times - meh - not so great. So it appears that the entire ring is re-randomized whenever you drop into it.

Originally Posted by Surly_Badger View Post (Source)
    It appears that the fields are randomized when you get into them. The location doesn't really matter. I've sampled the inner edge of a metallic and the outer edge of a metallic -- about 1000km apart -- and they appear to drop more or less the same stuff.

The part I can't wrap my head around is that sometimes when I go to the same ring I get great drops and other times - meh - not so great. So it appears that the entire ring is re-randomized whenever you drop into it.
    When I tried Gorrister's ring and got no painite at all, I thought it might be something like that...

Of course now that I've traded in my Asp miner for a Vulture, I'm too busy being a nightmare walking, king-of-the-jungle :=D:

Yeah, that happens. I am now on a perfect site and no painite until now. But there are also quite a lot of rocks. I'll keep on searching.

Vulture, cool.
    Kill some noob hunters for me.

ot:
    i did "downgrade" to my cobra with blue camo - called her "Melinda, the Ice Tigress" - to do some imperial navy missions - neeeed ze clipper to do some luxurious mining, i mean why should i abstain from comfort when mining if i dont have to?

Excellent idea. An orca would also be nice.

By the way there used to be a reddit thread about pristine mining spots. I snapshotted it to a PDF before it was taken down. If you want a copy, it's here.

Ah, I hate my life.
    Two days prospecting for painite and no grain found. I fell asleep and nearly ran out out of fuel. That would be embarassing to call the fuel rats to a ring in a system with a scoopable sun.

Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast