Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trading Tool: ETN

My word... ETN is epically beautiful and simple! Just... Epic...
    ...For I shall bathe in the light of ancient stars and I shall call them home.

Just discovered ETN, very nicely designed website, good work!

Currently you need to manually filter out illegal trades by restricting the commodities in the trade menu. However I'm working on automatic filtering and it will take into account trades that are illegal in system as well as in station (with control over each).

How smooth... very very nice web app. +Rep to the author. Will try to plan some route and check it out, but for now, the appearance is simply awesome.
    Follow my exploration diary on INARA: http://inara.cz/cmdr-logbook/1578

Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post (Source)
    Is this for powerplay or general allegiance? Currently the only weights I use are time and profit. I've considered adding the ability to restrict trades to certain powers or uncontrolled territory. Is that along the lines of what you are looking for?
    By major faction (Empire, Fed, Alliance- by station) and power play faction by system.

I haven't used this tool since it initially came out doe sit no longer give you bad stops?

Occasionally it would send you to a stop that would result in a loss.
    From Tycoon to Elite in 2 weeks. From Duro to Sag A* in 3 days and then another 6 days to BP. Not exactly a difficult trip.
    Space tourist making a second trip to the Abyss soon.

Never ran into a loss but I tend to trade in known areas. I would love a search that would let me trade just in Hudson space.

One day I will be Elite. When that day comes I expect nothing will change

Originally Posted by Ginrikuzuma View Post (Source)
    I haven't used this tool since it initially came out doe sit no longer give you bad stops?

Occasionally it would send you to a stop that would result in a loss.
    I added filtering to EDDN data, and since then I haven't heard any reports of bad data or trade losses.

What is meant with those three values on top:

5 TRADE CR/HR: 3.668.779 (2.050.440 CR)
    4 TRADE LOOP AT END: 4.292.159 CR/HR

Originally Posted by specialsymbol View Post (Source)
    What is meant with those three values on top:
    5 TRADE CR/HR: 3.668.779 (2.050.440 CR)
    4 TRADE LOOP AT END: 4.292.159 CR/HR
    That means that ETN found a 4-trade loop and you can get to it with 1 additional trade (for a total of 5-trades).

Looking at a trade route there are two important metrics: profit and time. The most profitable trade in the universe might is only worth running if completes in a reasonable amount of time. So ETN uses credits per hour as the main measure of trade goodness.

The first number is the credits per hour of the total trip. That tells you how good it is. The second is how much you can expect to make in those five trades (in about 34 minutes looking at the math). The third is how much you can make per hour continuously running the 4-trade loop.

Those are nice numbers. What ship do you fly?

Could you please add the ability add existing cargo to your hold that you don't intend on selling, as well as faction cargo? This would come in useful for those of us who carry refueling limpets or mining limpets or do powerplay during our runs.

I know I said it before but I'll say it again. This tool is brilliant and such elegant design. I've never made so many creds/hour with other tools. I was doing 8.5mil per hour in the Conda yesterday. Love it.

+1000 rep 4 u as its a most excellent tool. Best one yet.
    Boiled Onions

Save time counting to 10 by starting at 4. If you're in a real hurry, start at 5.

SYSTEM -
    I5 6600K 4.5ghZ w/c, 16Gb DDR4, MSI Z170A Krait, ASUS A8G 1080GTX, Rift CV1

Joe

Would it be possible to add an export function for the routes?

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast