Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526 LastLast

Thread: New Trading Tool: ETN

etn.io seems to be 404 atm
    I survived the "Total Perspective Vortex" and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Originally Posted by Redbubble View Post (Source)
    Confirmed. I'm getting 404
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

Originally Posted by Redbubble View Post (Source)
    Yep! Must have gone over his quota...
    Cmdr Kantos Kan, Trader, Explorer and occasional Bounty Hunter

ETN is back online

Would be nice if it could update it's EDDB. 2378 hours since last time.

I'm really sad to say that ETN is now totally broken. I keep having the issue that I would get to a station where I'm supposed to get 400 tons of something and there is only a few tons. However on EDDB the amount is right.... so the issue is with ETN.

I'm not talking about momentary issues... ETN does not check the availability of commodities ... period.

ETN I can't trust you anymore please fix

Brief 404 again...

Still, when it's up it can be very useful. However, I'm getting some very strange suggestions around Textovices/LTT 9810 where it seems to be suggesting that I take CMM Composites, sell them, take more of the same to the next stop and then sell them... Also, running a 264t T7 the EDDN commodities say there's less than ½ cargo hold's worth of them.

My advice would be to still use the tool but cross-reference everything with the commodities levels via Inara or EDDB. You can still get some very good final loops.

Joel, great tool (even with the current cavity) and this has probably been mentioned somewhere earlier on: any chance of a minimum amount of commodity threshold, assuming you're still doing any development on it?

Originally Posted by CharlieMike73 View Post (Source)
    Sorry if this question has been asked already but at 9 pages and counting it would take a long time to screen for my questions.

This tool "appears" -I may be wrong- to be aimed at PC players, can it also be used by those of us that have just started using the preview release on Xbox One?

If so, is the trade data on Xbox in sync with that of the PC, or is there an alternat option for Xbox prices/profits?

If this is exclusively for PC at this time, do you have plans to incorporate the Xbox community either within the same tool or as a separate yet near identical tool?

I have toyed around with it and love what I see and hope that it will be something I can use to maximise my success on the Xbox.

Thank you
    I started playing ED on the X1, a few weeks ago and just found this tool (which appears amazing), but would like to know if this question from July 2015, has been specifically answered since then. Does anyone know?

Originally Posted by ChopperGreg View Post (Source)
    I started playing ED on the X1, a few weeks ago and just found this tool (which appears amazing), but would like to know if this question from July 2015, has been specifically answered since then. Does anyone know?
    Xbox is on the same galaxy as PC. So the prices and quantities are the same. The only thing different is that Xbox players cannot update EDDB as PC players can (with ED Market connector) so Xbox players must rely on PC players to get the data on EDDB which is then used by ETN.io as a source of data.

I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by BLACKHOUND View Post (Source)
    Xbox is on the same galaxy as PC. So the prices and quantities are the same. The only thing different is that Xbox players cannot update EDDB as PC players can (with ED Market connector) so Xbox players must rely on PC players to get the data on EDDB which is then used by ETN.io as a source of data.

I hope this helps.
    Oh, I understand that Xbox has the same galaxy, but from the bits and pieces that I have found on the forum, I was getting the impression that they were on different servers ( hence the issues about releasing the API data that was making things difficult for making a app that would let Xbox commanders do much of the same things that PC commanders could do ), and that those servers didn't exactly talk to each other, so economic changes happening on one server didn't influence the other, except perhaps peripherally.

Any, I was real curious as to how closely the Xbox and PC servers mirrored each other, because I was messing with the app the other night and it found me a simple 20 min 2 stop trade route, from my current system, that is supposed to have a 300,000 Cr / Hr return.

Oh, I understand that Xbox has the same galaxy, but from the bits and pieces that I have found on the forum, I was getting the impression that they were on different servers ( hence the issues about releasing the API data that was making things difficult for making a app that would let Xbox commanders do much of the same things that PC commanders could do ), and that those servers didn't exactly talk to each other, so economic changes happening on one server didn't influence the other, except perhaps peripherally.
    EDMC relies on the verbose log file that the client writes to whenever you jump systems or a number of actions. My guess is that log isn't available on console.

However, you can, technically use EDMC on a PC while playing ED on the console. After each jump/dock you can hit Update on the app and it will pull data from the companion API. This should pull in market data and some other things. A lot of things have changed since I used to do things this way (as a test) so I'm not certain this still holds true today.
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

I'll give it a shot, but the last time I tried to use an app that was to pull data about my playing, it failed because the API data for Xbox players was not being released.

the last time I tried to use an app that was to pull data about my playing, it failed because the API data for Xbox players was not being released.
    I believe that it's still the case that you can't use EDMC (or any other app that uses the API) with an Xbox account.
    But do let us know if it does work for you.

Any, I was real curious as to how closely the Xbox and PC servers mirrored each other, because I was messing with the app the other night and it found me a simple 20 min 2 stop trade route, from my current system, that is supposed to have a 300,000 Cr / Hr return.
    Xbox players probably have different servers, that's why PC players can't play with them. But they share the same database with the other players.
    Cmdr Kantos Kan, Trader, Explorer and occasional Bounty Hunter

Originally Posted by Otis B. View Post (Source)
    I believe that it's still the case that you can't use EDMC (or any other app that uses the API) with an Xbox account.
    But do let us know if it does work for you.
    True as far as ED is concerned, not so much as far as at least one other game that I know of.

Which is why I find it odd that Frontier is limiting the ED Xbox player experience.

Service is not running. For any request writes: "Search found 0 results."

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526 LastLast