Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: New Trading Tool: ETN

The data is all user submitted, so it varies by station. You can see in the trade summary how old the data is for each trade. If you run EDMC it can update ETN in real time so you'll always have the latest data at the stations you frequent.

Ship import bug?

I recently started playing again and this tool is AMAZING unfortunately when I attempt to import ship data from E Shipyard I get "Failed parsing cargo size." Anyways thank you for your work on this

I tried that too once, with the same result, no problem.
    The only thing is that with my engineered ship the number of jumps are not correct.
    Maybe it's better if you just can fill out your jump range....

Originally Posted by ChaiFox View Post (Source)
    I recently started playing again and this tool is AMAZING unfortunately when I attempt to import ship data from E Shipyard I get "Failed parsing cargo size." Anyways thank you for your work on this
    Fixed. Thanks for the pointer.

Originally Posted by dree View Post (Source)
    I tried that too once, with the same result, no problem.
    The only thing is that with my engineered ship the number of jumps are not correct.
    Maybe it's better if you just can fill out your jump range....
    The trick with jump range is that it increases after each jump as you drain your fuel tank. Your max jump range occurs when you have just enough fuel to make a jump. ETN takes this into account in root planning.

I need to modify ETN to understand the impact to mass and optimal mass due to engineered FSDs. I'll put it on the task list. Thanks for the heads up.

ETN slowdowns solved

MySQL tip: it turns out that INSERT/ON DUPLICATE UPDATE is way more efficient than REPLACE INTO. That one change made a huge difference in server peak CPU usage, especially on weekends. It makes sense... UPDATE is faster than DELETE + INSERT.

Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post (Source)
    The trick with jump range is that it increases after each jump as you drain your fuel tank. Your max jump range occurs when you have just enough fuel to make a jump.
    Does ED calculate that way?
    That would mean that I will not be able to jump my last jumps If I scoop fuel......
    Or is this wrong thinking?

If number of jumps is calculated by my own given jump range I can fiddle with it.

Sorry that this is a bit off topic, but I've only just got back to ED having been away on other projects & work for about a year, have upgraded my computer & tried to use REGULATEDNOISE & ELITEOCR & just keep getting errors & crashes from them. Does anyone know if there's a working version for windows 10 64 bit out there somewhere ? I loved the simplicity of the interface & the automated import / export to EDDB by using F10 screenshots of the commodities screens.
    Any help gratefully received.

Regulated Noise and EliteOCR are pretty-much abandoned in favour of apps that use Frontier's Companion API such as EDMC.

Really useful, though it would be nice to copy system locations so we can paste them into the cartographics to make it that much faster for trading...unless there is a way that i dont know of? (gah, just remember i have a spare tablet lying around that i can try using....but still)

Originally Posted by Kalvorax View Post (Source)
    Really useful, though it would be nice to copy system locations so we can paste them into the cartographics to make it that much faster for trading...unless there is a way that i dont know of? (gah, just remember i have a spare tablet lying around that i can try using....but still)
    since i cant edit my post...I apparently just missed it in the FAQ....that or its just not working for some reason for Control + C

I'll try again soon once I'm back on.

Updating of data

Hey,

I was just interested in how often the data is updated because currently it hasn't been updated for 42+ hours (meaning the data can start to get out of date/irrelevant) Just wondering what's the issuse\deal?

Thanks

What happened to the site? It's not working for so many days now.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627