Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trading Tool: ETN

ETN is receiving data from the EDDN. DO you support both the scheme V1 AND the new schema V2? We are discussing internally when schema V1 will be dropped but we would like to kill V1 rather sooner then later. As in schema V1 will be removed from the EDDN and it will NOT accept V1 messages any longer.

Maddavo is currently sending in V1 and V2 (and atm receiving V1 and V2) and all the "OCR error free" aka mobile api based tools (see also post #18 here) are also sending data in V2. The latest EDCE is V2 only. EDMC has a V1 and V2 version and EDAPI is V2 only. Also Seebeek of EliteOCR a week ago stated that he will end support for V1 in his new version, which is not out yet....

This tool is awesome. Finally trading is fun :-)

Originally Posted by wolverine2710 View Post (Source)
    ETN is receiving data from the EDDN. DO you support both the scheme V1 AND the new schema V2? We are discussing internally when schema V1 will be dropped but we would like to kill V1 rather sooner then later. As in schema V1 will be removed from the EDDN and it will NOT accept V1 messages any longer.

Maddavo is currently sending in V1 and V2 (and atm receiving V1 and V2) and all the "OCR error free" aka mobile api based tools (see also post #18 here) are also sending data in V2. The latest EDCE is V2 only. EDMC has a V1 and V2 version and EDAPI is V2 only. Also Seebeek of EliteOCR a week ago stated that he will end support for V1 in his new version, which is not out yet....
    Thanks for the heads up. ETN supports both V1 and V2 schemas so if V1 goes away that is no problem.

Originally Posted by Cmdr. Numa View Post (Source)
    There's one feature missing I think: Limiting range of station from the entry point. Or is that factored into the calculation ?
    The station distance is factored in to the trade time estimate. If a station is far from the sun that will add time to its trades and punish their profit/hour ratings. So the algorithm will avoid the station unless the profit is so good that it's worth the extra travel time.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Gess View Post (Source)
    This tool is awesome. Finally trading is fun :-)
    Glad to hear it

Incredible work! +1
    Combined with one of the OEF tools suggested by @Wolverine it's just a click-and-go ride. Just today I made about 20 mil in less than 3 hrs. Interface is awesome. Algorithms are doing really good job. Alternative trade routes layout is informative and lets us pick the best route in terms of profit/ETA of total time/jumps count. Magnificent!
    Thank you both guys!
    Thanks to this tool trading is fun again. Keep the good work!

Edit: Obviously it's "3 hrs". Edited.

Originally Posted by Traveler View Post (Source)
    Incredible work! +1 Thanks to this tool trading is fun again. Keep the good work!
    I totally agree, have yet to fully try it out (its 1:55 am)

Looks great and is damn simplistic and amazingly fast!

Like many have said- its BRILLIANT, sterling effort old boy ++++

Since this tool provides routing information, I would like to see a personalized option for manually excluding systems from the data and remembering those exclusions (and allowing later edit). This could be important in Powerplay, where one's "Hostile" status might discourage you from passing through, let alone trading in, such systems.

Wow - very very nice! Great look and feel - I love how you can drag bits around and it organically rearranges itself.
    DEADLY / ELITE / PIONEER / HELPLESS / ENSIGN / DUKE
    Maddavo Market Share (MMS) - www.davek.com.au/td

Interesting tool, the first one that i have seen to calculate a route from A to Z with the rest between.

Just one thing im missing...
    is there a way to reduce the amount of jumps?
    Currently it shows me a route with 15 jumps. oddly enough, my route that i currently fly, a simple ABC - CBA route, gives me around 400k per trip, while the 15 stop route on your page gives me just 1M with 15 stops.
    so...yeah...with a way to reduce the jumps, i could see it as a very usefull tool
    Commander Name: Lazerus Artificial

Like most trading tools these day you are missing the most profitable trades that PP introduced.
    Stations that Buy and Sell the same item only show numbers for Supply. Demand is empty and thus all trade tools think that they can not sell this item, but you can.
    -
    As an example: My favorite trading tool, when set to "show me the most profitable trade between two stations", tells me to trade in coffee/tea one way and land enrichment systems the other way- for a trip total of 600cr/t.
    However, I am trading Imperial Slaves for over 3000cr /t one way (the sell system can sell and buy the same item, but only show supply numbers) and the mentioned "land enrichment systems" the other way. All trading tools that I have tested miss this trade!
    Before PP this system only had Supply of Imp. Slaves- you could not sell to the system. Now due to PP passive effects, you can sell Imp. Slaves to the system, but as mentioned earlier, the demand for imp. slaves is empty and thus all trading tools think you cant sell to the system- but sell you can. I have made over 50mil on this trade the last couple of days.
    -
    This is only one example, but I have been in a lot more system where the same thing apply- since now I have to manually hunt for the best trade route and basically is back to pen and paper again.
    -
    Edit: I am not sure if trading tools miss this trade due to empty demand or if they get confused when you can sell and buy the same item, but one thing is for sure that all tools I have tested do miss this trade.

Mobius Group Merchant - One of the '84s

Originally Posted by EUS View Post (Source)
    Silly question, I'm seeing an influx of .io domain suffixes, what's it supposed to represent?
    Just tried out the webpage, it's great. Will have to try the routes presented tonight.
    Originally Posted by wolverine2710 View Post (Source)
    Googlefu: .io is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the British Indian Ocean Territory. Source: wikipedia
    Right. To answer the question behind the question... .io is popular these days because, well, it wasn't popular until recently. So it's easy to get a nice short domain like etn.io! Also .io has 33% less letters than .com!

Originally Posted by Arda View Post (Source)
    Like most trading tools these day you are missing the most profitable trades that PP introduced.
    Stations that Buy and Sell the same item only show numbers for Supply. Demand is empty and thus all trade tools think that they can not sell this item, but you can.
    -
    As an example: My favorite trading tool, when set to "show me the most profitable trade between two stations", tells me to trade in coffee/tea one way and land enrichment systems the other way- for a trip total of 600cr/t.
    However, I am trading Imperial Slaves for over 3000cr /t one way (the sell system can sell and buy the same item, but only show supply numbers) and the mentioned "land enrichment systems" the other way. All trading tools that I have tested miss this trade!
    Before PP this system only had Supply of Imp. Slaves- you could not sell to the system. Now due to PP passive effects, you can sell Imp. Slaves to the system, but as mentioned earlier, the demand for imp. slaves is empty and thus all trading tools think you cant sell to the system- but sell you can. I have made over 50mil on this trade the last couple of days.
    -
    This is only one example, but I have been in a lot more system where the same thing apply- since now I have to manually hunt for the best trade route and basically is back to pen and paper again.
    -
    Edit: I am not sure if trading tools miss this trade due to empty demand or if they get confused when you can sell and buy the same item, but one thing is for sure that all tools I have tested do miss this trade.
    Is it generally true that you can sell at a station with 0 demand as long as a price is listed? That seems like a bug.

Originally Posted by LazerusKI View Post (Source)
    Interesting tool, the first one that i have seen to calculate a route from A to Z with the rest between.

Just one thing im missing...
    is there a way to reduce the amount of jumps?
    Currently it shows me a route with 15 jumps. oddly enough, my route that i currently fly, a simple ABC - CBA route, gives me around 400k per trip, while the 15 stop route on your page gives me just 1M with 15 stops.
    so...yeah...with a way to reduce the jumps, i could see it as a very usefull tool
    There isn't currently a way to reduce the route length but if you click the add nodes button in the bottom right it will show you more routes. Some are likely to be shorter. Someone else requested the option to limit route length so it's high on my list. Add it is easy since the backend already supports this. Out of curiosity why do you follow an ABC - CBA route? Presumably AB - BA is more profitable than CB - BC (or vice-versa). So you could make more by picking the most profitable segment, though variety is always nice. If you add more routes do you see parts of your other route?

Originally Posted by maddavo View Post (Source)
    Wow - very very nice! Great look and feel - I love how you can drag bits around and it organically rearranges itself.
    maddavo... I thought I recognized that name. Nice to hear from you. Your market data was how ETN got it's start.

Tried it yesterday. Very nice. Keep up the good work.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast