Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trading Tool: ETN

This looks great, very visual, I like the set up. I always think multi hop routes are a bit more interesting than just back and forth. I really like the way it looks at credits earned an hour rather than just by the ton. The fact it factors in distance from the star is really impressive.

Wow, very nice. Haven't tried it because of exploring but i will. Thanks for the hard work.
    +1 for enormous effort

I pushed out a new version. Fixes:

1. I fixed ED Shipyard imports. The main issue was that ED Shipyard and ETN disagreed on naming for Type-7 and Type-9's. I renamed them in ETN to match.
    2. ED Shipyard imports now work with alternate-locale separators (e.g. 1.000,0 T).
    3. Fixed divide-by-zero errors causing search failures due to zero price points creeping in.
    4. Adding error dialog indicating when there are 0 results.
    5. Misc small tweaks.

Note that there are two main open issues people are hitting:

1. Some stations have no landing pad data. Setting one as source or destination causes the query to fail. The work-around is to just set the system name as source/destination.
    2. Currently you need to specify a full system name (or system: station) in the source and destination fields. Partial strings will autocomplete but you need to select an option from the drop down.

Looks great, nice work CMDR.
    In space no one can hear you cry.

Haven't had chance to try it in game yet, but I've had a quick play with it and found it very easy to use.

Will try a trade run later.

Repped

13A - Freelancer, living on the lam
    24B - In the black, pacifist explorer
    13D - Test pilot / crash test dummy
    (Beta)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Looks like an excellent tool R+ for posting and for all the effort you put into it

You know, this had me thinking.
    A set of 3rd parties, in their spare time, write awesome tools. This one in particular has a great interface, feels funky, is a real help and easy to use.
    Now, compare that with the in-game... well... just compare it with the in-game stuff (I don't want to call it 'tools').
    Why am I bringing this up? Because it's somehow embarrassing that for a game that's heavily reliant on trade, none of the build-in capabilities come even close to what enthusiasts code up in their spare time. And with so many great ideas around, it's not like FD doesn't have a blue print to use. One could be cynical and argue they don't want to spend time on useful in-game tooling?

In any case, I love this. The graphical display makes it so much more in-theme. Just awesome stuff!

I'm impressed, wow. Great tool

Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post (Source)
    Is it generally true that you can sell at a station with 0 demand as long as a price is listed? That seems like a bug.
    The bug is that the demand is empty or the number is hidden. Trading to the same station over a whole night I noticed the price drop after a while, so the demand is there- It is just not showing in the demand field.
    Stations in question should be able to sell and buy these items due to new PP rules.
    Zemina Torval - Empire: Production consumption of imperial slaves doubled.
    -
    Stations that before only had production of imp.slaves now also have consumption. This consumption is not shown in the demand list, but the stations in question do have both buy and sell price.
    So the bug here is: either that these system should have demand and supply of the same item and therefore demand should be populated or system that before had supply should not now have demand (or the other way around)
    The bug for the demand field not being populated is a minor one, that mostly affect trade tools, but if the bug is that these system should not have supply when they have demand (or the other way around) is a major one- and personally I find it strange that such a major bug did not raise any alarms during beta testing.
    -
    This was just one example, from one power, with imperial slaves. The same goes for all powers that adjust consumption/production of different gods (high tech, agricultural, metal, mineral).

Mobius Group Merchant - One of the '84s

Brilliant tool, just tried it out and except for expected minor price differences it made me a good profit.
    Only 1 thing it doesn't take into account Permits! tried to route me via Exbeur that needs a permit.

Good work though.

I really like this! The UI makes me smile!

Edit: So I put in Branglal: Skripochka Gateway, multi hop route right back to Branglal: Skripochka Gateway (test, its my old trade area, not showing my current LOL), and it shows at top in green that it will take 1h 5m, and will be a 10 hop route netting me just over 10m. Am I reading this correctly?

So how do I read this:
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 394
Size:  12.0 KB
    In game: CMDR Tardis

Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post (Source)
    Is it generally true that you can sell at a station with 0 demand as long as a price is listed? That seems like a bug.
    I don't think you can sell if the demand is listed as 0/LOW in the market (buyPrice==0, demand==0, demandBracket=="Low" in the EDDN data, e.g. this message).

You can however sell if the station supplies the item - i.e. there is both a SELL price and a BUY price in the market (buyPrice!=0, demand==0, demandBracket:unset in the EDDN data, e.g. this message). Given that the station supplies the item it's unlikely that the sell price will be particularly good in this case, 'though. I assume this is so you can sell back items you mistakenly bought.

Edit: Just tried it. Yes you can sell if there's a sell price - even if demand is listed as 0/LOW in the market (demand==0, demandBracket=="Low" in the EDDN data) or if the station doesn't list a demand but supplies the item (demand==0, demandBracket:unset in the EDDN data).

There is no such selling prices:

Originally Posted by LameoveR View Post (Source)
    There is no such selling prices:
    http://i6.5cm.ru/i/HkeN.png
    Not all EDDN data is correct, maybe input a sanity check ? Though it's kinda hard to say what kind of profits are currently possible with the bonuses from the powers stacked on top.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast