Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 417

Thread: New Trading Tool: ETN

  1. #76
    I really like how this looks. tried it with export of shipyard t6 ship but it says unable to parse cargo size or something like that.

  2. #77
    Originally Posted by Gyrehawk View Post (Source)
    I really like how this looks. tried it with export of shipyard t6 ship but it says unable to parse cargo size or something like that.
    Did you export with stats? That's required. If so post the full export and I'll have a look. ED shipyard seems to have locale specific output. Maybe that's the issue. T6 works fine for me.

  3. #78
    my bad. I just checked it again. I did not realize that I needed to click both export and with stats. I thought they were together. getting ready to try first trade route. ty for your work

  4. #79
    just finished first trade run with your tool. all I can say is WOW!!!!! +1 Rep for you!

  5. #80
    I just pushed another update. Key improvements:

    1. Stop filtering trades based on demand. Should improve opportunities for profit.
    2. Removed stations that require a permit from search by default. You can add them back via toggle in the route menu.
    3. Add option to show routes through stations with no pad data available (also in route menu). Off by default for safety.
    4. Add options menu with button to reset ETN to default settings.
    5. Change to visualization algorithm so there is less drawing overlap.
    6. Updated help text including links to "error free" EDDN tools.
    7. Misc UI polish.

    I've cleared all the bad EDDN data that crept in. I'll implement better filtering in a day or two. Until then EDDN data will only be pulled daily via EDDB. That will keep it clean at least.

  6. #81
    [QUOTE=Joe113;2419221]I just pushed another update. Key improvements:

    1. Stop filtering trades based on demand. Should improve opportunities for profit.
    QUOTE]

    ohh this is so nice!

  7. #82
    It would be great to have keyboard shortcuts for "show more/less route options" so we can do everything from keyboard:

    Name:  01.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  63.0 KBName:  02.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  40.6 KB


    Nice to see the project is growing!

  8. #83
    Have you considered adding a max number of hops to the route?

  9. #84
    That looks awesome!.. good job.

    I need to read up on this EDDN data :-)

  10. #85
    [QUOTE=Traveler;2419434]It would be great to have keyboard shortcuts for "show more/less route options" so we can do everything from keyboard:

    Ah good idea. I think I'll map those to comma/period.

  11. #86
    Tried a test run early this AM ( EST ). Ran into some issues with profit being off what was reported ( actually sold at a slight loss on one stop ). Not much you can do about a Cmdr in a T-9 crushing trade routes before you get there or data weeks old. Still, the projected route did turn a tidy profit by the end. I'm adding it to my "go-to" bag of tricks.
    .
    All in all a VERY NICE project. I love the visual output, and the mutli-hop routes are something only very experienced Cmdrs have in their personal spreadsheets. I see a lot of billionaires because of this tool. And I'm going to have to start contributing to the data sets as a payback.
    .
    Have some rep, Sir !

  12. #87
    Originally Posted by HipToss View Post (Source)
    Have you considered adding a max number of hops to the route?
    Yes the algorithm supports this. I just need to wire up the UI. It's high on the list.

  13. #88
    Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post (Source)
    Yes the algorithm supports this. I just need to wire up the UI. It's high on the list.
    Great news. Someone incorrectly updated the profits for Indium in Laedla last night. Stated to make 1.4 million. I saw that as an incorrect input. I felt that may have been for Imperial slaves so I took the risk. I was correct. I love the tool. I set a very long route between 2 distant systems. Another addition would be the ability to make past jump red at the bottom, or some other indicator that lets me know I have completed that portion of the trip

  14. #89
    Originally Posted by CMDR Harada View Post (Source)
    Tried a test run early this AM ( EST ). Ran into some issues with profit being off what was reported ( actually sold at a slight loss on one stop ). Not much you can do about a Cmdr in a T-9 crushing trade routes before you get there or data weeks old. Still, the projected route did turn a tidy profit by the end. I'm adding it to my "go-to" bag of tricks.
    Glad it paid out in the end Did you notice the age on the trade that lost you money? I've cleared out most of the bad data. If it's a few weeks old nothing can be done about that (though you can filter by max age). But if it was more recent bogus data I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by HipToss View Post (Source)
    Great news. Someone incorrectly updated the profits for Indium in Laedla last night. Stated to make 1.4 million. I saw that as an incorrect input. I felt that may have been for Imperial slaves so I took the risk. I was correct. I love the tool. I set a very long route between 2 distant systems. Another addition would be the ability to make past jump red at the bottom, or some other indicator that lets me know I have completed that portion of the trip
    Yeah there was bad Indium data all over the place. Someone's OCR was changing all 6's to 8's! Should be cleared out now though. I'll give some thought to adding more color coding to past trades. Thanks for the idea.

  15. #90
    [QUOTE=Joe113;2421425]
    Originally Posted by Traveler View Post (Source)
    It would be great to have keyboard shortcuts for "show more/less route options" so we can do everything from keyboard:

    Ah good idea. I think I'll map those to comma/period.
    Great. Thanks!

    Name:  nice.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  350.2 KB

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast