Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: [PLEASE READ] When to contact support directly and when to use the support forum

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

[PLEASE READ] When to contact support directly and when to use the support forum

Hi everyone,

If you are not sure if you should be using this forum to get support, or if you need to create a support ticket on our support site this should help you.

You should create a ticket on our support site if:

• You need to post any personal details
    • You need to talk about your account
    • You want to report any exploits
    • You have lost your ship/credits/etc.
    • You are reporting any Frontier Store order issues
    • You have a complicated technical issue that you have tried to troubleshoot.

Feel free to create a ticket on our support site about anything else as well as this is our main support route.

You should create a new post on the support forums if:

• You are having trouble getting to grips with the game and are looking for help
    • You are not able to login or connect all of a sudden due to possible server issues
    • You are having problems with a controller or flight stick
    • You are having performance issues and have tried the basic troubleshooting
    • You think someone else in our community might be able to help
    • You are not sure if you need to post in the forums or create a ticket

I hope that clears up any confusion, but if you have any questions about posting here vs creating tickets please do let us know.

Cheers,

Support-Falcon
    Frontier Customer Support Team

Have you checked our FAQ? Need to open a Ticket? Please visit our support page!

This sticky post is a good idea and was much needed.

Does this mean that FD support staff will now start responding to posts in the Support section?

3. This is the last staff post in this thread. #3
    Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    This sticky post is a good idea and was much needed.

Does this mean that FD support staff will now start responding to posts in the Support section?
    Yes! From today on we will be doing our best to help out where we can in these forums, so let us know if you guys have any questions. :-)

Cheers,

Support-Falcon
    Frontier Customer Support Team

Have you checked our FAQ? Need to open a Ticket? Please visit our support page!

Can i just say, Excellent Support tonight

I requested a refund for my Horizons pre-order after 8pm BST, which was completed in minutes in order to take advantage of the lifetime pass

Thank you CMDR Tronador for your speedy service

issue resolved thank you

I've been trying to purchase Horizons from your store, but when it gets to the stage of choosing payment method I'm unable to highlight any of the options! when I try to make report to customer services about this I cant make the report as there is no CAPTCHA visible, so it wont accept it.
    Its getting really frustrating, any help or hints would be welcome....

Thanks

Originally Posted by Thargor View Post (Source)
    I've been trying to purchase Horizons from your store, but when it gets to the stage of choosing payment method I'm unable to highlight any of the options! when I try to make report to customer services about this I cant make the report as there is no CAPTCHA visible, so it wont accept it.
    Its getting really frustrating, any help or hints would be welcome....

Thanks
    Same thing happens to me, as well as to few other people in the forum. It is like this since April this year and issue has not been resolved.
    I must have saved at least 50€ on paint jobs since then, but not be able to buy Horizonts is really frustrating.

Originally Posted by Elerion View Post (Source)
    Same thing happens to me, as well as to few other people in the forum. It is like this since April this year and issue has not been resolved.
    I must have saved at least 50€ on paint jobs since then, but not be able to buy Horizonts is really frustrating.
    Well its at least good to know that its not just me that has the problem, so thanks for replying Elerion.

If I get valuable informations about an issue via a ticket by a support team member, am I free to quote said ticket in a forum post informing other players about it, given I keep the supporter's name out of it? Or should I re-open the ticket and use his valuable time to ask for his explicit answer? I implied in the ticket that I would write something about it if information was given, but he didn't say anything about being okay with that or not.
    Please fill permit A38 to enter this system.
    Currently without a running Elite installation.

Dear Frontier.

My name is Miguel Flores. I am an American gamer in Texas who plays on the Xbox One. I have a request that I please be given back my anaconda. I was bounty hunting in a astroid built in zaragas. All was normal I got into a fight and everything looked well until my turrets fired on a federal security ship passing in front of my target, they hit and they attacked me. I tryed to run but was too slow. I hd just gotten it the night before today and was very proud. The loan limited to 7.5 million I was a hair away from buying it back but was too short. I hope that you consider giving me back the ship I had worked for weeks to earn. I love playing your game and hope that I am not pushed back to the sidewinder I had started from. Please I was murdered by my turrets and I hope you set it right. My gamer name is "Mr Miguel F" and you have my email. Thank you for listening to me and for your game.

Okay this is great but I have been trying for weeks to put in a support ticket with no success!!!!! I have tried Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge with no luck. I hit submit and it looks like nothing happens. I am currently out money and I can find no other way to contact Frontier other than the FORUM.

Originally Posted by Support-Falcon View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

If you are not sure if you should be using this forum to get support, or if you need to create a support ticket on our support site this should help you.

You should create a ticket on our support site if:

• You need to post any personal details
    • You need to talk about your account
    • You want to report any exploits
    • You have lost your ship/credits/etc.
    • You are reporting any Frontier Store order issues
    • You have a complicated technical issue that you have tried to troubleshoot.

Feel free to create a ticket on our support site about anything else as well as this is our main support route.

You should create a new post on the support forums if:

• You are having trouble getting to grips with the game and are looking for help
    • You are not able to login or connect all of a sudden due to possible server issues
    • You are having problems with a controller or flight stick
    • You are having performance issues and have tried the basic troubleshooting
    • You think someone else in our community might be able to help
    • You are not sure if you need to post in the forums or create a ticket

I hope that clears up any confusion, but if you have any questions about posting here vs creating tickets please do let us know.

Cheers,

Support-Falcon

IM having an issue logging onto the game. Now I have as of yet to purches "horizons" so do I need to do that befopre I can get in and play? Is "Horizons" an option or is it mandatory to aquire to continure playing that game?

When I click on the Launcher I get "Only of copy of ED can be played at one time" And "the server time is not synchronized". Im not sure as to what to de here so I will wait for a reply.

Thank you...

Does this mean support will now answer tickets created in the support section or will they just continue to delete them?

Are the xbox one servers down or is there maintenance today I can't log in I'm getting can't connect to frontier servers message ??

Is the ticketing system broken?

I have tried to submit tickets at support.frontier.co.uk with different browsers (Chrome, IE, Safari), cookies allowed, but tickets seem to disappear into a black hole. My first attempt to create a ticket was last week, there was no e-mail response and I do not see anything listed under "My Tickets".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast