Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thrusters explained in one simple table (Rating and Mass)

Originally Posted by askavir View Post (Source)
    This data proves what I felt while flying the Clipper. Despite its agility rating of 2 (?), the Clipper is one of the most agile ships in the game, and surely by far the most agile of the "big ships".

Can't understand where its agility 2 rating comes from. When I "upgraded" from the Clipper to the Python I was shocked by how cumbersome and sluggish the Python is for an agility 6 (?) rated ship.
    I think that might just be a case of FDEV forgetting to alter the ship description blurb after the early python nerf (where they were comically agile)

Originally Posted by Cliffson View Post (Source)
    Whoops, yeah it was late forgot to label axis.

It is %increasr vs mass
    ty :-)

what are the concrete optimal mass values for class 2/class 3 enhanced thrusters?

Originally Posted by goemon View Post (Source)
    ty :-)

what are the concrete optimal mass values for class 2/class 3 enhanced thrusters?
    Class 3 is 70t, didn't look at Class2.

Luckily in the new outfitting screen it tells you the 'optimum' and 'actual optimum' mass on the thruster stats and even adjusts for the engineers

http://imgur.com/0SfMTVc

So, the values on this table are based on what?
    That % Increase is based on the base values of the ship?
    That mass is the total mass of the ship? (At the exact moment? Counting even fuel mass and etc?)

So, if I'm right, If I have an iCourier with ~74t of mass (http://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_c...ael%20Strogoff) I'll have a 50% increase in maximum speed / boost and 20% decrease in turn times? Making it a 420 m/s max speed and 570 m/s boost ship?

Just checking...

Originally Posted by Gritzan View Post (Source)
    http://imgur.com/0SfMTVc

So, the values on this table are based on what?
    That % Increase is based on the base values of the ship?
    That mass is the total mass of the ship? (At the exact moment? Counting even fuel mass and etc?)

So, if I'm right, If I have an iCourier with ~74t of mass (http://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_c...ael%20Strogoff) I'll have a 50% increase in maximum speed / boost and 20% decrease in turn times? Making it a 420 m/s max speed and 570 m/s boost ship?
    Yep, it is a straight up % boost to stats.
    Everything counts towards mass, Base hull + all internals + fuel + cargo.

So yes your courier should get a 50% boost to speed and 20% decrease in turn time ifyou get it to 74t

Note the coriolis unladen mass doesn't include fuel.

So, the graph of Enhanced Thruster performance is great, but has anyone worked out the actual formula that yields that curve? I'd rather not have to hard-code every pair of mass/optimal ratio vs speed multiplier, but the (approximate) formula I worked out for regular thruster doesn't seem to apply very well for Enhanced Thrusters, so I'm hoping someone will be able to figure out a new formula that predicts both kinds of thrusters.

Originally Posted by taleden View Post (Source)
    So, the graph of Enhanced Thruster performance is great, but has anyone worked out the actual formula that yields that curve? I'd rather not have to hard-code every pair of mass/optimal ratio vs speed multiplier, but the (approximate) formula I worked out for regular thruster doesn't seem to apply very well for Enhanced Thrusters, so I'm hoping someone will be able to figure out a new formula that predicts both kinds of thrusters.
    they follow different curves, so there won#t be a formula for both type of thrusters.

exampel: at 50% optimal mass normal 3A thrusters cap out their bomus, while enhanced trhuster already do that at 77%.... manouverability-curve and speed-curve of enhanced thrusters isn't the same, whle it is the same with normal a-class thrusters.

Originally Posted by askavir View Post (Source)
    This data proves what I felt while flying the Clipper. Despite its agility rating of 2 (?), the Clipper is one of the most agile ships in the game, and surely by far the most agile of the "big ships".

Can't understand where its agility 2 rating comes from. When I "upgraded" from the Clipper to the Python I was shocked by how cumbersome and sluggish the Python is for an agility 6 (?) rated ship.
    Python used to be a good maneuverable ship but then it took a big nerf and they likely did not change the numbers in description. not sure about the clippers 2 unless they buffed it since its creation

I've got a lot of data points (did it 1t at a time) so can try some curve fitting, alternatively could send you the data if you want.?

Originally Posted by Lucifer Hate View Post (Source)
    Python used to be a good maneuverable ship but then it took a big nerf and they likely did not change the numbers in description. not sure about the clippers 2 unless they buffed it since its creation
    Mostly that (the nerf) partly the fact that the clipper has pretty pants lateral thrusters so while it can pivot well it doesn't change direction. I certainly find i crash less in my python. Still 2 seems silly rating for clipper should be at least a 4 if not a 6.

Why is this in the general discussion? It should be conserved in the archives and daily praise be sung unto the people who tried to figure this out. Please move this thread into the outfitting screen.

I've got a lot of data points (did it 1t at a time) so can try some curve fitting, alternatively could send you the data if you want.?

Mostly that (the nerf) partly the fact that the clipper has pretty pants lateral thrusters so while it can pivot well it doesn't change direction. I certainly find i crash less in my python. Still 2 seems silly rating for clipper should be at least a 4 if not a 6.
    Clipper also drifts like crazy.

I don't suppose your data is for the class 2? If so I'd love to have a copy; I gathered data in 1T increments for the class 3 but didn't get to the class 2 before they shut down the beta.

July last year:
    Originally Posted by Don Alvarez View Post (Source)
    War!
    Huh!
    Good God, Yaw..
    What is it good for?
    Absolutely nuthin.
    Say it again.....
    June this year:
    Originally Posted by Don Alvarez View Post (Source)
    War!
    Huh!
    Git gud, Yaw..
    What is it good for?
    Absolutely nuthin.
    Say it again.....

I don't suppose your data is for the class 2? If so I'd love to have a copy; I gathered data in 1T increments for the class 3 but didn't get to the class 2 before they shut down the beta.
    Sadly not, i only got the class 3 done also. That said i need to pay flic a visit soon to upgrade my ships so will grab a sidey to confirm its the same.

It would be great if someone could work out the formula for speed given the min/optimal/max ratio and weight values that are now showing up in the outfitting screen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast