Page 177 of 180 FirstFirst ... 167173174175176177178179180 LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2692

Thread: The Quest To Find Raxxla

Originally Posted by CMDR Percivus Keenblade View Post (Source)
    I believe if there was any special piece of scripts attached to any of the systems or anything containing the Raxxla word, unlike all the other plain barren systems, it would have hit the radars of the people who do the data mining/game file digging gig. Considering FD wouldn't go such depths to create a web of scripts about and cleverly encode them all and especially stick a bunch of curious lines to those systems without anyone realising, I conclude the chances for stumbling into any leads in the what-e-veraxxla systems doesn't look too bright.
    I agree totally. Beats me why I accepted to do this vain job, but who am I to understand my brain? But I also think that we cannot afford to not explore those systems. Because you never really know for sure until you see it.

Originally Posted by Friedenreich Xante View Post (Source)
    I agree totally. Beats me why I accepted to do this vain job, but who am I to understand my brain? But I also think that we cannot afford to not explore those systems. Because you never really know for sure until you see it.
    A small suggestion if you don't mind, whenever you feel like doing something 'because we can't let it pass just in case' you might want to add this as a subgoal of any other task you had in mind or you may get burned out pretty quickly (I'm looking to all the barnacle hunters out there).

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    You should find "Raxxla" written in fine print on the planet's surface. Probably just over the next hill ...
    I think you mean:
    ”on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.” In another galaxy.

Originally Posted by ilo View Post (Source)
    It is not only having a label on top of it, it has to smell like Raxxla and it has to bark like Raxxla to be the real Raxxla. Other than that is just a copy.
    No, that’s my dog.
    Nicknamed him Raxxla cos I never know where he is, amd wherever he is he’s up to mischief!

Looks like a man with a huge neck standing on the galactic core.
    Vain queen, riding a giraffe?

I’m rambling. Put it down to the shock of being rudely awoken by noisy birds at 05:30 & the reaction to a second mug of breakfast coffee at an uncivilised hour.

I find the extent of evolution of this game highly amusing. This time two years ago the forum activity was all focused on the Canonn thread, solving abstruse cryptograms and searching Merope 5C to find whatever the UAs and UPs were pointing at; now all the activity seems to be focused on a thread dealing with something for which we have no clues & no real in-game confirmation of existence.

Come back Michael, all is forgiven!!
    (Except for that very machiavellian clue about making it just a little obvious)

edit: how could I forget about the Formidine Rift thread? Searching the black based on some other very abstruse clues from a couple of paragraphs in a novel. Mmmm, maybe things haven’t evolved at all.......

Originally Posted by JulesD View Post (Source)
    That would have been nice.
    Maybe all is not lost. The Zurara/Dynasty mystery does not explain why the rift had the "here be ghosts" tag beforehand. Maybe Raxxla is what gave the rift it's reputation and maybe that's why "the club" sent the Zurara that way out.
    Exactly. Although the "here be ghosts/dragons" is fan-made, a little bit of fantasy in this aseptic MW could sweeten somewhat so shallow plot. But I doubt FD is currently up for this kind of work.

A small suggestion if you don't mind, whenever you feel like doing something 'because we can't let it pass just in case' you might want to add this as a subgoal of any other task you had in mind or you may get burned out pretty quickly (I'm looking to all the barnacle hunters out there).
    Easy peasy. Primary goal. Get lots of hand in exploration for money and rep with faction related to raxxla potentially and to get elited in all areas and more raxxla hunting. If you go all out raxxla hutning at this point it's just being a completionist. So, get er done as efficiently as possible. Do everything and figure out the scope of the game. IE your personal journey.

Thanks. My Primary Goal was Beagle Point, but I cannot get there straight. That subgoal was very much needed. Will try to find WR and Carbon Stars on the way as well.

Three more barren wastelands for your entertainment:

Ooscs Bra XX-L a36-0, Ooscs Bra XX-L a62-0 (doesn't even have planets...) and Ooscs Bra XX-L a63-0.

Nice avatar, Friedenreich Xante! Is it the Raxxla Nebula telling us..something ?

Originally Posted by Scytale View Post (Source)
    Nice avatar, Friedenreich Xante! Is it the Raxxla Nebula telling us..something ?
    A tiny Little Detail of a ly accross of the Carina Nebula IRL (couldn't find that Globule ingame). And no, it's not Carina's middle finger

A tiny Little Detail of a ly accross of the Carina Nebula IRL (couldn't find that Globule ingame). And no, it's not Carina's middle finger
    The finger is pointing! Do you think it could be pointing to Raxxla?

It's funny, I always thought you'd photo cropped/gimped it to look like that. Always nice to learn new things.

Folks,

have FD stated that at least one player has visited the system where Raxxla is (but not necessarily found the gateway)? I thought I read it somewhere but think it might have been someone up to mischief. Couldn't find anything on the front page.

Originally Posted by Comandante View Post (Source)
    Folks,

have FD stated that at least one player has visited the system where Raxxla is (but not necessarily found the gateway)? I thought I read it somewhere but think it might have been someone up to mischief. Couldn't find anything on the front page.
    I don't think so, no. I've seen it alleged that Michael Brooks said someone had honked the system and not scanned the planet...and various other iterations, but, no, I've not seen anything official where anyone attached to Frontier has "said" anything on the matter.

Originally Posted by rOmiLaYu View Post (Source)
    I don't think so, no. I've seen it alleged that Michael Brooks said someone had honked the system and not scanned the planet...and various other iterations, but, no, I've not seen anything official where anyone attached to Frontier has "said" anything on the matter.
    OK, thanks for confirming. I think we've read the same allegations. Pretty sure if he'd actually said that we'd have a reference/source.

The search continues!

So, what about the POI at tionisla?
    https://community.elitedangerous.com...57bad4635a5e6b

It still says 'partially decoded'..

So, what about the POI at tionisla?
    https://community.elitedangerous.com...57bad4635a5e6b

It still says 'partially decoded'..
    That's the original article - they do not update articles individually - so that was the state of it "at that time" just like if you look at an old newspaper.