Page 158 of 164 FirstFirst ... 153156157158159160163 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2451

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club presents: The A* Challenge

Should be possible although it will likely be quite close. My ship had a 70.75 LY range on fumes and the equivalent ship using the new engineering will do 73.16 LY. That implies it should be possible to knock off 4 jumps from my 117 jump route. On the downside, double neutron boosts are no longer possible (reportedly, I've not tested it myself) so that adds a FSD boosted jump at the start. Those FSD boosts now have a 20 second delay which is going to add a minute or so overall. All things considered, I think I could now knock off 2 minutes so that would make it 1 hour 59 minutes with a near perfect run. So I think I could do it which means that Alot definitely can

FWIW, I don't currently plan on attempting this straight away. At present I'm on a long trip (18,600 systems, 730,000 LY) and am torn between continuing it to see just how long I can make it and getting back before 3.0 drops. But even if I do get back by then my number 1 priority will be using the increased range to get to some currently unreachable systems I've previously noted.

Any Buckyballers fancy ferrying meta-alloys to the Dove Enigma station?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6365281

Haven't fully read up on this but on the face of it it seems pretty disgusting that someone has UA bombed the destination of Cmdr DoveEnigma13's expedition.

Originally Posted by Esvandiary View Post (Source)
    So, two things to note about the 56% - first, that's 56% optimal mass with only a 30% mass increase - way better than most current rolls. That actually gave me most of an extra light year over my current 57.1% roll, just from the decreased mass.

Secondly ... that doesn't matter anyway because the beta 2 changelog arrived this morning and they've bumped the base maximum from 50% to 55%, meaning the maximum with the experimental effect is now a whopping 61%.

If this change stays, we're going to plaid!
    Well I guess that settles that.

[qoute] Either way looks like the right conda should break the 2h mark now... Anyone going for it post release? (looks around suspiciously) [/qoute]

you guys have fun with your conda's. I'm not cheating on my beloved DBX but you'll defiantly see me out there, just about 2.5 hours behind.

Originally Posted by Allitnil View Post (Source)
    Those FSD boosts now have a 20 second delay which is going to add a minute or so overall. All things considered, I think I could now knock off 2 minutes so that would make it 1 hour 59 minutes with a near perfect run. So I think I could do it which means that Alot definitely can
    Is it 20 seconds? I thought I tried it earlier and counted 15, but I might just have not been paying attention. (Edit: oh, I see what you meant, they've made it longer in the beta... ?!)
    Also, your confidence in my ability to not get myself blown up in a neutron star is greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Alex Brentnall View Post (Source)
    Either way looks like the right conda should break the 2h mark now... Anyone going for it post release? (looks around suspiciously)
    Weeelllll, I mean.....

I was actually going to have another go once they'd removed the stupid FSD boost cooldown... but I'm quite happy to accept this change instead!

Is it 20 seconds? I thought I tried it earlier and counted 15, but I might just have not been paying attention. Also, your confidence in my ability to not get myself blown up in a neutron star is greatly appreciated.

Weeelllll, I mean.....

https://i.imgur.com/3L96ZtV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2rXhTYb.jpg

It'd be rude not to right?

I'll maybe give it a go but it could be a while after release given my irl situation is still a wee bit busy. There will be no instant attempt from me but I'll definitely give it a run sometime in 3.0... I'm still trying to work out when I can squeeze an hour or two in to give the Medevac race a decent go, promised myself I would but this week is already fully booked and Saturday is looking like my only window

Is it 20 seconds? I thought I tried it earlier and counted 15, but I might just have not been paying attention. (Edit: oh, I see what you meant, they've made it longer in the beta... ?!)
    It's 20 seconds for premium in both live & beta (although I've not tried it in beta 2). 15 seconds for standard and 10 for basic boosts.

Important question about the new respawn rules: If I do an A* run from Galileo and hit the self-destruct whilst at Sgr A*, where will I respawn? If it's Colonia, that would be a big pain for repeated attempts.

Originally Posted by Edelgard von Rhein View Post (Source)
    Important question about the new respawn rules: If I do an A* run from Galileo and hit the self-destruct whilst at Sgr A*, where will I respawn? If it's Colonia, that would be a big pain for repeated attempts.
    I believe that since Sgr A* is uninhabited, you will respawn wherever you last docked (unless you somehow committed crimes during your run!)

From the relevant Focused Feedback post:
    You respawn at a location dependent on the circumstances of your ship’s destruction, in a hierarchy:
    - If you were detected as wanted or hostile you respawn at the nearest appropriate detention facility
    - If you were not hostile or not detected as wanted you respawn at the nearest non-hostile starport in the system
    - If there are no suitable starports in the system you respawn where you last docked.

65.59/73.35

Only one new entry to report from January. Having obviously achieved his original goal in the Diamondback Explorer after several attempts in December, Cmdr Darplata94 switched ships to the Asp Explorer. Slightly surprisingly, this is actually the first Asp Explorer in Unlimited class. Incognito's improved fuel scooping ability compared to the DBX appears to have more than made up for the reduced jump range, leading to an improved time of just over five hours and 49 minutes.

With the galaxy's engineers reportedly having found numerous ways to further enhance ship modules, and Lakon trailing a substantial core module upgrade to the Type-7, hopefully there will be a little more activity in the coming months, and no doubt some more records falling!

One very slow Asp Explorer run

Commander: Crotalus
    Ship type: Asp Explorer
    Ship Name: Cleo
    Class: Neutron
    Time: 8 hours 42 minutes 18 seconds

Used a combination of spansh.co.uk and the route plotter

Start

End

So my run from Asellus Prime doesn't count? I did it under 10 hours without neutron boost or jumponium only with engineered FSD when I did Asellus Prime->Beagle Point run in 32.5 hours. Here I am about to jump to Sagittarius A* https://www.twitch.tv/videos/228636891?t=03h26m53s

Originally Posted by nouspiro View Post (Source)
    So my run from Asellus Prime doesn't count? I did it under 10 hours without neutron boost or jumponium only with engineered FSD when I did Asellus Prime->Beagle Point run in 32.5 hours. Here I am about to jump to Sagittarius A* https://www.twitch.tv/videos/228636891?t=03h26m53s
    There have been a few runs that didn't use Galileo or Lomas as a starting station, so if you extract the correct start / finish screenshots from your Twitch recording (see first post) and send them to Drakhyr then I'm sure you'll be added to the Leaderboard. Runs that begin at an incorrect station have a small penalty applied though.

This is all assuming you've not already send evidence to Drakhyr - if you did then you'll appear in the next update (the boards don't include runs from February yet.

Great run by the way, I've still not made it to BP.

I'm looking forward to the 3.0 update and will hopefully have time to plan out a decent route.

I managed to make The Nomad the longest range Asp-X in the "post your jump range" thread, but then felt a little guilty and didn't make a Sadge run. So I like it that 3.0 will level the board with a hard limit for each module.

Ok here is my entry:

I did run for Beagle Point and did go through Sagittarius A*. I started at Asellus Prime because I don't have Sol permit yet and because it is second start point for Beagle run.

CMDR nouspiro
    Ship Kuroitsubasa DBX
    9:51:26

So here is start and arrival https://imgur.com/a/wEhnh
    Outfitting https://imgur.com/a/70g3V only FSD was engineered. Also I didn't used neutron boost or jumponium.
    whole stream https://www.twitch.tv/nouspiro/videos/all[/QUOTE]