Page 162 of 165 FirstFirst ... 157160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2471

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club presents: The A* Challenge

Originally Posted by crotalus View Post (Source)
    Commander Crotalus
    Ship Type Asp Scout
    Ship name Hecla
    Rule Classic
    Time 10 hours 55 minutes 56 seconds

Seven jumps less than the Type 6
    Well done, Crotalus!

Now if I can just keep my attention from flitting between a neutron run here, the Death Dive on Chi Hydrae, and another circumnav...

Would like to join in.

CMDR MrZakurzacz

Ship: Anaconda

ship's ID: MZ-17

ship's insides: https://imgur.com/a/s3YHOFG

Starting time: https://imgur.com/a/z3xH7sV

Edit: Unlimited class run

Good luck CMDR MrZakurzacz o7

Ok, Here goes. Finally made it back to the bubble from my extended run to Colonia and exploration on the way back (Got my name on more than 300 first discoveries ). Ground Fed missions and got my Sol permit. Time for my first Sag A* Run. Planning to start Sunday Morning.

CMDR: Lupe
    Ship Class: Asp Explorer
    Ship Name: Mystic
    Rule Class: Classic

I'll post my ship spec pics soon.

Originally Posted by Lupus View Post (Source)
    Ok, Here goes. Finally made it back to the bubble from my extended run to Colonia and exploration on the way back (Got my name on more than 300 first discoveries ). Ground Fed missions and got my Sol permit. Time for my first Sag A* Run. Planning to start Sunday Morning.

CMDR: Lupe
    Ship Class: Asp Explorer
    Ship Name: Mystic
    Rule Class: Classic

I'll post my ship spec pics soon.
    Good luck Lupe, may the servers run smooth for your run!

I was recently reminded of my own Asp X run a few years back - 15h 22m - WAY down the lisf now but still an experience I'll never forget.

slow orca run

Commander Crotalus
    Ship Type Orca
    Ship Name Raven
    Class Unlimited
    Time 4 hours 52 minutes 6 seconds

Start

End Galaxy Map

Originally Posted by crotalus View Post (Source)
    slow orca run

Commander Crotalus
    Ship Type Orca
    Ship Name Raven
    Class Unlimited
    Time 4 hours 52 minutes 6 seconds

Start

End Galaxy Map

Nice one crotalus! I'm sat here with Alot, Alex Brentnall, Drakhyr, furrycat, Ozric and co. at Lavecon so group congratulations!

Congrats on another great run Crotalus.

And good luck Lupus - hope your run is going well. Welcome to the BRC.

Run went well, if not a lot longer than I would have liked. 12 hours 3 minutes total time.

Configuration:

Start:

Finish:

Here's a thought for the mathematically inclined.
    Very small module reinforcement. Repair neutron damage on the go so no repair stops? Does it work? Is it worth the loss in jump range?

Originally Posted by drakhyr View Post (Source)

Finally for this month, Cmdr Darplata94's third entry took significantly longer than all his previous entries, being unengineered and without neutron supercharging. The handling of the Type-9 Heavy Sunfish must also have been a bit of a change compared to his normal Diamondbacks and Asp! Sunfish set a good pace to bring the T9 record well under 24 hours, with a final time of just over fifteen and a half hours.
    Wait what?
    I'm busy with life for a couple months and nobody tells me my record has been broken.
    Well i guess that means i have to change my weekend plans.

Intend to race
    CMDR: Admiral Spoon
    Ship Type: Type-9 Heavy
    Ship Name: Sailfish 2
    Class: Classic

PS: Belated Congratulations to Darplata94 for that amazing time. ^^

Hmmm, time to bring the leaderboard up to date...

We'll start with Neutron class, and Cmdr Rankaze's long-promised run in his Imperial Courier Firebrand. Despite the challenge proving extra gruelling with the physical challenge of the attention required for many many neutron star supercharges in a row, Cmdr Rankaze managed to substantially beat his own target time, completing the trip in just under 9 hours, over five hours faster than the best equivalent run not using neutron stars.

Classic class has seen a little bit more activity. Cmdr Crotalus was first to report in with another run, taking out the Asp Scout Hecla in an attempt to beat the record previously held by... Cmdr Crotalus in Hecla. The Asp Scout has had a technical upgrade in the two years since Crotalus' previous run, and the improved capability of the ship enabled Crotalus to improve on his own ship class record by almost two hours.

Only a few places down the board from Cmdr Crotalus, we welcome a newcomer, Cmdr Lupe. Piloting the Asp Explorer Mystic, Cmdr Lupe's run was actually slightly faster than initially reported, successfully coming in at a little under twelve hours.

Back up towards to the top of the board, though, is a run for which I would have done a board update a week ago if I had been properly paying attention when the submission was made! Cmdr Darplata94, having previously set a number of Unlimited class records, and then the overall Neutron class record, has now switched to Classic class. Bring back the Diamondback Explorer Atrox that previously set the Neutron class record, Darplata94 has now set a blistering time without using neutron stars, to join the elite sub-9-hour club with a new Diamonback Explorer record of eight hours, forty minutes and seven seconds.

Finally to Unlimited class, where the only recent entry is from, hmmm, Cmdr Crotalus again . Again, Crotalus returned to a ship type where he previously held the record, but the ship has been upgraded since that earlier record was set. In this case the ship in question is the Orca, specifically Crotalus' jet-black Raven. The newly improved capabilities of the Orca enabled Crotalus to shave a whole ten hours (plus a few seconds) off his previous best, setting a new ship type record of a little under five hours.

I should note that I haven't seen anything further from Cmdr MrZakurzacz yet, so I hope that all is well and this just means he's still in transit.

Well done to all!

With my various hardware and graphics problems, I'm afraid most types of gameplay and racing are not going to be either competitive or fun. The A* Challenge, fortunately, requires no docking and my graphics problems are no impediment here I've been meaning to make a Classic Cobra MkIII run in the Null Geodesic for some time, so this is my chance! I just hope I can finish it before 3.1 arrives, as I am no longer able to put in extended play sessions for health reasons and need to take regular breaks.
    Intent to race:
    CMDR Edelgard von Rhein
    Ship type: Cobra MkIII
    Ship name: Null Geodesic
    class: Classic
    I'm not sure if I'll start later this evening or early tomorrow but I'm docked and outfitted at Galileo and ready to go.

Good luck Edelgard!

Good luck Edelgard - fly fast! o7

Some off topic stuff in the spoiler:

I know that you're waiting for Black Riband II - hopefully launching this week.
    It'll include special awards/categories for the fastest engineered and non-engineered Cobra runs, as well as a award/category for the fastest drug-free run (I think you were one of the cmdrs who didn't like having to haul drugs in the original).
    So hopefully your graphics problems will be fixed by the time you get back from Sadge.