Page 163 of 166 FirstFirst ... 158161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2477

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club presents: The A* Challenge

Originally Posted by Edelgard von Rhein View Post (Source)
    With my various hardware and graphics problems, I'm afraid most types of gameplay and racing are not going to be either competitive or fun. The A* Challenge, fortunately, requires no docking and my graphics problems are no impediment here I've been meaning to make a Classic Cobra MkIII run in the Null Geodesic for some time, so this is my chance! I just hope I can finish it before 3.1 arrives, as I am no longer able to put in extended play sessions for health reasons and need to take regular breaks.
    Intent to race:
    CMDR Edelgard von Rhein
    Ship type: Cobra MkIII
    Ship name: Null Geodesic
    class: Classic
    I'm not sure if I'll start later this evening or early tomorrow but I'm docked and outfitted at Galileo and ready to go.
    Godspeed Edelgard ... may the servers remain stable and the Aucoks stay out of your path!

Many thanks for the encouragement, I have just submitted my time, which is over 1 day. I started last night and made sure to eat, sleep etc. and played in sessions of 2.5-3 hours, taking breaks in between. That said, I still pushed as hard as I could and put in more time than I anticipated, as I was thinking I might not finish until tomorrow, but I could do with a break now. I'll be back in the Bubble for 3.1, thanks to the race sponsors, Remlok.
    I passed 60K visited systems during the race, I think somewhere in Shrogea sector. No scanners with me to record anything this time, though!

Well done Edelgard! o7

I'm not sure I've got it in me to make another classic run myself, but it's great that it's still at least as popular as the faster versions.

What does the Guardian Booster mean for the SagA* Challenge?

There's some crazy ranges for 'condas being posted, more than 300ly with GB and Neutron stacking.

Will the existing classes be changed or added to?

Edit: maybe I spoke too soon, they may be broken again https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...thesized-jumps

Originally Posted by Penny Umbra View Post (Source)
    What does the Guardian Booster mean for the SagA* Challenge? Will the existing classes be changed or added to?
    The use of a Guardian FSD Booster will put an entry into Unlimited class; I'll probably mark the use of Guardian technology in the notes column on the leaderboard.

I have no intention of splitting the classes out any further. Classic class is for unengineered ships running in a way that is (broadly) comparable to all previous runs. Neutron class is to separate out any runs in unengineered that are using mechanics that weren't available to early Classic runs and make a significant difference, but are now available to all including those without Horizons - neutron star FSD supercharging remains the only example of this so far. Unlimited class is for everything else, though I try to use the notes column to mark particularly relevant factors.

Commander: Crotalus
    Ship Type: Krait mk2
    Ship Name: Katla
    Time: 10 hours 22 mimutes 33 seconds
    Class: Classic

Start

End Galaxy Map

Originally Posted by crotalus View Post (Source)
    Commander: Crotalus
    Ship Type: Krait mk2
    Ship Name: Katla
    Time: 10 hours 22 mimutes 33 seconds
    Class: Classic

Start

End Galaxy Map
    I kind of expected that one!

Well done again crotalus! o7

I assume that if I go online tonight, I'll see you heading to Sadge in an Alliance Challenger?

Intent to race:

CMDR turkwinif
    Liberty One
    Anaconda, Standard Class

The entire weekend is looking to be open and free, so either Saturday or Sunday will be the day. I'm ready to give this standard Annie run another go.

EDIT: Started run at 2:24 EDT Saturday.
    EDIT 2: 3 hour mark - 9400ly from start.
    EDIT 3: 4 hr 10 min mark - 13000ly. This run is looking pretty good! No network issues keeping me stuck in Witchspace and no run-ins with exclusion zones. Wish I equipped 12 tons of fuel tanks instead of 10, but it's nothing detrimental.
    EDIT 4: 6 hr mark - 18930ly. Red Dwarfs became a lot more dense past the halfway point, which helped up my average range/hour from a 3133ly/hr to 3155ly/hr.
    Originally Posted by drakhyr View Post (Source)
    I have no intention of splitting the classes out any further. Classic class is for unengineered ships running in a way that is (broadly) comparable to all previous runs.
    I take it that using an unengineered Heat Sink and synthesizing Heat Sinks the entire way there isn't allowed? I know it may be not optimal to equip a heat sink, but I'm having trouble not cooking my ship while fuel scooping and charging the FSD.

Originally Posted by turkwinif View Post (Source)
    I take it that using an unengineered Heat Sink and synthesizing Heat Sinks the entire way there isn't allowed? I know it may be not optimal to equip a heat sink, but I'm having trouble not cooking my ship while fuel scooping and charging the FSD.
    That is correct; materials synthesis is not allowed in Classic class, that includes synthesizing refills for heat sinks or AFMUs as well as FSD injection.

Good luck on your run

Good luck CMDR turkwinif!

Final time: 8:16:19

Proof:

Start time

End time

Ship build

Basically everything above but in condensed video form

I was on track for about an 8:12 time until the internet cut out at exactly 10pm. It was back up in a minute, but for the next 40 minutes I was hoping against hope that it wouldn't go out again. Thankfully it didn't

I've recorded the run in its entirety if anything's in question.

That's an awesome run turkwinif!
    Well done Cmdr. o7

Thanks for the support, Raiko and drakhyr! I'm already looking forward to the next run.

And now for something completely different.
    I'm taking every ship to A*, and for the 13th trip it's time for the good ol' Sidewinder Mk. 1. This one's got a twist to it.

Build: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...48/unknown.png
    Start time: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...48/unknown.png 18:53:00 UTC 28 July 3304 (2018)

[edit] changed start time to be correct (i typed 35 not 53)