Page 2 of 157 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club presents: The A* Challenge

I hereby declare my intent to 'race' to Sag A.

Commander name: Asuka Zeppelin
    Ship name: the 'Red Rabbit'
    Ship type: Asp

edit: Thanks !

Update:
    Departure date (game time): 24 JUL 3301 0:38:23
    Distance travelled(Ly): ~ 7,600
    Distance remaining(Ly): ~ 18,200
    ETA Sag A: < 1 week
    Averaging about 1000Ly/hour.

The galactic core area looms larger and brighter in the sky as I draw near.
    Vast dust clouds obscure much of the milky way.
    An NGC object lurks on my starboard side and says "Come investigate me",
    pretty in blue as it is, with a sprinkling of bright stellar objects within.
    Only 1000 light years away. It's so easy to be distracted.
    (Mental Note: check that out on the way back)

Originally Posted by AsukaZ View Post (Source)
    I hereby declare my intent to 'race' to Sag A.

Departure date: Sometime soon.
    ETA Sag A: A week or two or three?

This has been on my bucket list for a while and now I've decided to step up and do it.
    Still feels a bit daunting though.
    Good luck on your journey, Cmdr!
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Fly safe

Originally Posted by Doki View Post (Source)
    Awh, no more quotes on the leader Board?
    There were a number of people who hadn't provided them, and they felt like a bit of a speciality of the Buckyball Run itself. That said, they could make a return if there is sufficient demand...

Oh, and good luck AsukaZ!

Originally Posted by drakhyr View Post (Source)
    Don't worry, the new leaderboard is an extension of the old one rather than a complete replacement, so your old time is still on there

Originally Posted by Raiko View Post (Source)
    Of course, you know you'll beat your old time if you run again, and maybe you'll find a star even further from Sol next time as well....
    Lol, that makes it worse! Now my position on the board has dropped so low I have absolutely no choice but to run again...

But probably not this month...

Originally Posted by AsukaZ View Post (Source)

Update:
    Departure date (game time): 24 JUL 3301 0:38:23
    Distance travelled(Ly): ~ 7,600
    Distance remaining(Ly): ~ 18,200
    ETA Sag A: < 1 week
    Averaging about 1000Ly/hour.
    Good luck Asuka, I might well pass you on my way back to the bubble tonight.

I think it might be time for you guys to adapt a code... ;-)
    http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...-test-for-peds

Originally Posted by Matzov View Post (Source)
    I think it might be time for you guys to adpat a code... ;-)
    http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...-test-for-peds
    No way man!

We're all high off Onionhead and Motrona Experience Jelly.... watch out for space turtles dude!

Originally Posted by Raiko View Post (Source)
    We're all high off Onionhead and MOTRONA EXPERIENCE JELLY.... watch out for space turtles dude!
    Fixed, for Radio Sidewinder listeners at least.

I have arrived.

17 hours and 10 minutes of flight time, stopped to claim two ELWs.

Originally Posted by Quineloe View Post (Source)
    I have arrived.

17 hours and 10 minutes of flight time, stopped to claim two ELWs.
    Well done Quineloe!

Look's like fun, heading out soon.

Commander name: Padovani
    Ship name: Plum Pathfinder

Let's see what's out there.

Great job, drakhyr!

I'm so glad that I'm still ranked #104, and still the 2nd fastest Orca.

I think it will be quite a while (at least 37 days) until someone 'beats' my record!

Originally Posted by Matzov View Post (Source)
    I think it might be time for you guys to adapt a code... ;-) http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...-test-for-peds
    "In a surprising move today, Senator Patreus called for drug testing for racers competing in Buckyball Racing Club events. To quote the Senator: 'For too long, Bucky racers have introduced all sorts of foreign substances into their bodies to get them through the pressures of events. We have compiled a list of substances that Bucky racers have been caught ingesting, and frankly, this abuse must stop. Racers have been caught ingesting pizza, Chee-tos, Diet Coke... even Vegemite. Vegemite, for God's sake! Well, it stops now. From now on, every racer will be required to submit a testing sample along with evidence of their race time as proof.' "The members of the Buckyball Racing Club, after private discussion, agreed. Moreover, as a gesture of the level of goodwill between the Senator and the Racing Club, they have announced that they would send the samples directly to Senator Patreus' office."

Originally Posted by Hanekura Shizuka View Post (Source)
    "In a surprising move today, Senator Patreus called for drug testing for racers competing in Buckyball Racing Club events"
    In an equally unsurprising move, CMDR Henry Passionfruit called for Senator Patreus to
    "kiss my Orca's neutron-flux exhaust vent"
    CMDR Henry Passionfruit, who represents the "Buckyball Racers Who Fly Red Orcas Amalgamated Union" ('The drinking club with a racing problem', membership: 1) was adamant in his assertion that:
    "Drugs are the whole point. Well, no, drugs are bad, m'kaaaay kiddies; but they are terrific fun when your ship is clocking a high fraction of c within the starport dock. It's quite the rush, what!"
    and also that

"What does that toad-licking Imperial nancy-pants have against Vegemite? When was the last time you saw Vegemite enslave a planet? When did Vegemite ever declare war? Vegemite doesn't kill people; in fact people eating Vegemite have never killed anyone while eating Vegemite. FACT. Stick that up your junta, Senator No-Pants-R-Us!"
    Speaking by sub-etha from the Lido Deck Spa Pool of his racing Orca "The Spanish Inquisition" CMDR Passionfruit was also reported as saying:

"If Senator Patreus thinks he can just make up rules then he better think again. The more rules he makes just means more rules for Buckyballers to break! When a Buckyballer sees a rule they are overcome with an urge to break it; it's a natural reaction. There are enough rules in this Universe, the last thing it needs is more. "Slow Down" - nope. "Keep to under 200m/s in Starport" - heh, yeah, but NO. "No speeding" - sorry going to fast to read your sign. "No illegal racing" - sorry can't hear you over the noise of how awesome CMDR Alot is. Actually, bring it on Senator! You can't make a rule us Buckyballers can't or won't break! ner ner ner ner ner!"
    Senator Patreus declined to comment.

Yeah, because he's too busy licking toads. Senator Patreus licks toads! Senator No-Pants-R-Us has NO PANTS! OOOohhh I'm so scared of Senator Patreus - Come get me Imperial Toad Lickers! Send Lavigny; or the blue-haired one, at least they look cute and there's plenty of room in my Spa Pool! Oh, is the mic still on?

PS. also send Helium & Vegemite. My co-pilot and I have run out of our respective indulgences.

I have just noticed a slight error on the boards it has me listed that I completed a run in an Imperial Courier when it was done in an Imperial Clipper

Page 2 of 157 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast