Page 280 of 620 FirstFirst ... 275278279280281282285 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 9296

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: UA Mystery Thread 3: The Canonn

Originally Posted by rizal72 View Post (Source)
    OK! OK! I will shot it with the Plasma!

NOOOOOO Rizal72 i have an upcoming test for you and you will love it. The new Hazardous rez and compromised Beacons mate. There are so many Pirates you will love this. Drop the UA in the middle of the zone and watch every single pirate stop in there tracks and go ballistic trying to be the first one to get it. You will be able to clear the zone with oneshots as they all shoot the crap out of each other and think of the bounties.

So, going back again to the Seven Symbols on the UA:
    There is no need at all to require the Taurus Constellation, even if the symbols resemble bull's heads in some way.

They could simply be some symbols the "intelligent race", who built the UA, uses to represent those Seven Stars:
    imagine if they are important for them, imagine those stars have some "religious" or "lore" meaning for this Race, so that they represent them with appropriate symbols. Human race is doing it with everything! We have symbols for everything, using them all the time.
    Or they simply identify all their stars with symbols, and those are the ones they chose for the Pleiades: similar symbols, because they are part of the same nebula, the same cluster, from everywhere you look at them (not like the Taurus Constellation).

Then we could say that the Pleiades are 9 big blue stars, and not 7: the number 7 comes just from our ancient past where only 7 of them where visible with naked eye, then we discovered there are more of them, thanks to the telescopes.

Another interpretation could be they represent a single system in the Pleiades, with seven stars of different types and masses, represented each with a symbol. Or seven Planets.

Atlas has 6 planets + 1 moon.
    Electra has 7 planets.
    Merope has 6 planets + the star itself.
    Taygeta has 7 planets + 4 stars
    Pleione has 8 planets + 4 stars

My interpretation of the UA.

FD - Lets put some Alien looking stuff in there for people to find. We have a vague idea what they are for and the significance but we'll worry about that later.

FD - Wow, the community has gone crazy for them and are trying all kinds of things to "unlock a secret" that may or not be there to find.. We better come up with something soon or there will be a lot of aggravated players out there. Lets see what they have been discussing on the forums and see if we can weave some of their ideas into the storyline so they don't all feel that its been a complete waste of time and that we had a clear vision of what we intended to do with them all along.

I may be wrong of course.

So, going back again to the Seven Symbols on the UA:
    There is no need at all to require the Taurus Constellation, even if the symbols resemble bull's heads in some way.

They could simply be some symbols the "intelligent race", who built the UA, uses to represent those Seven Stars:
    imagine if they are important for them, imagine those stars have some "religious" or "lore" meaning for this Race, so that they represent them with appropriate symbols. Human race is doing it with everything! We have symbols for everything, using them all the time.
    Or they simply identify all their stars with symbols, and those are the ones they chose for the Pleiades: similar symbols, because they are part of the same nebula, the same cluster, from everywhere you look at them.

Then we could say that the Pleiades are 9 big blue stars, and not 7: the number 7 comes just from our ancient past where only 7 of them where visible with naked eye, then we discovered there are more of them, thanks to the telescopes.

Another interpretation could be they represent a single system in the Pleiades, with seven stars of different types and masses, represented each with a symbol. Or seven Planets.

Atlas has 6 planets + 1 moon.
    Electra has 7 planets.
    Merope has 6 planets + the star itself.
    Taygeta has 7 planets + 4 stars
    Pleione has 8 planets + 4 stars
    The minoans are back.

Ähh, try to hit the UA with the Plasma in the lit up state. 😊

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Imperial Guard View Post (Source)

FD - Lets put some Alien looking stuff in there for people to find. We have a vague idea what they are for and the significance but we'll worry about that later.

FD - Wow, the community has gone crazy for them and are trying all kinds of things to "unlock a secret" that may or not be there to find.. We better come up with something soon or there will be a lot of aggravated players out there. Lets see what they have been discussing on the forums and see if we can weave some of their ideas into the storyline so they don't all feel that its been a complete waste of time and that we had a clear vision of what we intended to do with them all along.

I guess you are right, but who cares?

Forgive me for not knowing but has anyone taken it to the founders station?

Did anyone try to see if the Voyagers are "back on track", in 1.4?
    I'll try it next evening, but if someone is online now... could give it a try...
    Still hard to find. I'm 1.6m Ls out from Sol now, can't see them. Will try Panzertard's technique.

Originally Posted by Hajile View Post (Source)
    Forgive me for not knowing but has anyone taken it to the founders station?
    Yes, of course.
    But it would be very unfair to make it solvable only to Backers and Elite Ranked players, don't you think?

Originally Posted by RedWizzard View Post (Source)
    Still hard to find. I'm 1.6m Ls out from Sol now, can't see them. Will try Panzertard's technique.
    So they do not show immediately after entering the System, as they used to be pre 1.3; good to know.
    Thanks RW! Keep on!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Imperial Guard View Post (Source)

Even if you are right, and it could be you are, what should we do then? Avoid any in-game puzzle because of this assumption? Stop Playing? Going on Strike?

**********Incoming Communication from deep space**************

Look at this footage at your own risk....I think....something is happening....

**********End of Communication From System Soon..*************

I know I will regret that...
    TINFOIL HAT ON

The seven bulls:
    Ancient greek:
    Every year seven boys and girls were fed to the minotaur.
    The labyrinth inhabiting the minotaur was created by daedalus.
    Daedalus was also a projekt for developing manned interstellar travel in the 1970s.
    The quest was to reach barnards star.

Tinfoil hat off...
    Wheeping...shaking...smiling...

Originally Posted by Ratking15 View Post (Source)
    **********Incoming Communication from deep space**************

Look at this footage at your own risk....I think....something is happening....

**********End of Communication From System Soon..*************
    No audio?

No audio?
    -computer reports sound waves are detected in footage-

Poll link: http:///5378240

Originally Posted by Ratking15 View Post (Source)
    -computer reports sound waves are detected in footage-

Poll link: http:///5378240
    The Audio starts only after you deploy the UA.

BTW, Oh My God!

Sleipnir's secret planet? The Hidden destroyed base?! Why didn't you equip e scanner?
    AWESOME!
    Can Someone translate the MORSE please?

...and the UA is scanning your ship...

PS: We MUST land there! NOW! :D
    Did you tried to land?!?!?!?! Who knows....

So they do not show immediately after entering the System, as they used to be pre 1.3; good to know.
    Thanks RW! Keep on!
    Found it The key is that NPCs go out there, and you can see them from a lot further away. So set your direction from Sol using the screenshot below, then head out 2069476 Ls (that's the exact distance). Fly around maintaining that distance to Sol until spot a stationary NPC and then head toward them.

Started out headed this way:
    Name:  Voyager2a.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  290.7 KB

NPCs like to hang out near the probe in SC:
    Name:  Voyager2b.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  277.4 KB

Since we were talking about radioisotope thermoelectric generators:
    Name:  Voyager2c.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  69.6 KB

With Sol as exactly behind me as I can make it, I'm pointing this way. Might be a better direction to take from Sol:
    Name:  Voyager2d.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  265.4 KB

I think you need an ADS Ratking15.

The Audio starts only after you deploy the UA.

BTW, Oh My God!

Sleipnir's secret planet? The Hidden destroyed base?! Why didn't you equip e scanner?
    AWESOME!
    Can Someone translate the MORSE please?

PS: We MUST land there! NOW! :D
    Did you tried to land?!?!?!?! Who knows....
    BTW I wasn't planing on even needing to scan the place so that's why I brought nothing to scan it with, I'm still amazed a planet is there and that I found it as I was just about to go into normal space to drop the UA when I saw it and I did try to land on it, anyway......morse?