Page 450 of 620 FirstFirst ... 445448449450451452455 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 9296

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: UA Mystery Thread 3: The Canonn

we're going to have to start "Save The UA"

Another in HYADES SECTOR KM-V B2-1

These systems I'm visiting... they line up. Will see where the end of the line is.

so for want of something to do I read "The Dark Wheel" and was struck by this sentence when Alex and Elyissia are considering trading Dironothaxaurian life-bones, before they get the gig to haul Thargoid larvae to Cirag ( does not exist that I can find )

"They're over forty million years old, and still they sing; waiting for something"

Not that I, or the thirty thousand odd posts we have accrued, know what that thing might be, but our bizzare things sing as well.

Btw guys I'm pretty sure that the person who did that post wayyy back which could have been linked to the UA was just an accidently thing that was made up to explain the range extention on plotting routes to 1000 LY so case closed there.

Originally Posted by Maia Posidana View Post (Source)
    (***OOC warning***) Wow, talk about a blast from the past. Yes, I do remember writing that. that was written just a few days before the expansion that gave us the ability to plot 1000 LY routes. It was written as a tool to explain how I, who was way the heck out in BFE at the time, wound up with the upgrades at the same time as everybody else, possible even as a way to explain where the upgrade itself came from.

The device itself was positively ancient. Sol old in fact that it and HINT of a charge that it had ever had, had drained off probably before mankind learned to walk upright. So old in fact that the vast majority of its frame and sheathing had sublimated away in the vacuum of space.

The sad part of it is, that the algorithms that I had recorded and incorporated into my own navigational subroutines were all destroyed with Magellan.

Originally Posted by Soban View Post (Source)
    Maybe a dumb question but never seen anything like it so far...

Do anyone tried pointing out every "spawn-system" for UA's on the GalMap and see if it draw any shape ?

Edit : thinking of it, will do it right now.
    Do we have an exaustive list of the UA-sighted systems ?
    We've got a list that's hopefully fairly complete for 1.3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vx...mmE3DSgsp7StrQ
    Systems in 1.4 I've heard of dropping UAs:
    Aries Dark Region GW-W d1-52
    Hyades Sector DL-Y d39
    Hyades Sector DL-Y d77
    Hyades Sector KM-V b2-1
    Arietis Sector EQ-Y b0 (in beta, at least)
    Aries Dark Region XK-N b7-2 (in beta, at least)
    Aries Dark Region ZF-N b7-3 (in beta, at least)
    Aries Dark Region XK-N b7-1 (in beta, at least)
    Arietis Sector EQ-Y b1 (in beta, at least)
    Arietis Sector YJ-A c1 (in beta, at least)

I think it's definitely worth figuring out which other systems in that region drop UAs.

Ok, my thoughts on the "new" 1.4 UA that seems now growing on trees:

1) Breadcrumbs to follow.
    2) Seen the new spawn rate, the mythical figure of the "UA bearer" it's a thing of the past.
    3) Seen the new spawn rate I really suspect that we are facing a VERY HARD riddle to solve. Let me explain: if now it is so easy to find them it's because a lot of time passed with an UA could be needed to understand the mystery...

4) I must do the huge commodity test again, it seems.

Originally Posted by irtuk View Post (Source)
    so for want of something to do I read "The Dark Wheel" and was struck by this sentence when Alex and Elyissia are considering trading Dironothaxaurian life-bones, before they get the gig to haul Thargoid larvae to Cirag ( does not exist that I can find )

"They're over forty million years old, and still they sing; waiting for something"

Not that I, or the thirty thousand odd posts we have accrued, know what that thing might be, but our bizzare things sing as well.
    We've already talked about that in the previous thread. Han Zen liked it very much at that time, if I remember well

So these new areas the UA's a spawning... are they in the direction of Struves?

In a private group, Struves Lost Nebula was one of the places we wanted to take a UA to. I have done a general search of that systems around the nebula, but when I had a UA it was in the middle of the Pleiades revelation and our Struves plan went on the back burner.

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclo...st_Nebula.html

Originally Posted by Saool View Post (Source)
    So these new areas the UA's a spawning... are they in the direction of Struves?
    If you start from the right place, yes they're in the direction of Struve's. As is everything

The UA spawning grounds are approximately between the bubble and the Pleiades.

Is it just me or has the sound changed? I seem to think I'm hearing stuff I've not heard before. Something extra been added? However I'm on the rough end of several pints so I could just be off with the fairies

Originally Posted by rizal72 View Post (Source)
    4) I must do the huge commodity test again, it seems.
    we've set up a mission to gather rare commodities for you to test
    http://canonn.science/home/the-canon...for-sciencing/

So, the audio seems to have changed since the beta.

Specifically, where the obfuscated morse used to spell out the name of the system it now seems to spell out six character blocks of gibberish. This is a spectrogram taken from a recording I made of a free floating UA (using Sonic Visualiser if anyone's interested) during the beta:

Quality MS paint skills aside it's fairly clear that there's a form of morse there spelling the system name. Now, here's a similar spectrogram from a recording taken in the same system tonight:

Doesn't look like the same data to me!

Oh, also, first post - hi everyone!

Originally Posted by Patau82 View Post (Source)
    farming UA's for money
    are you trying to get us killed?
    Mommy wont be happy
    Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post (Source)
    here we go .. the corporate approach
    No need to discourage selling. Part of the story could still be gated for all we know.

ok folks now this one will make you go hyper. Look whats being found now Ancient eggs.......let the UA scan you with that in your hold. Ta dum tum daaaaaaa.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...er_from_a_sss/

Got mine too, two times this night.

I sold the first one to the Black market and took the second one to Merope system.

Name:  Screenshot_2868_UA.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  121.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2870_UA.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  189.6 KB

Guess me and my record of keeping a UA is pretty small since everyone has a plushy now. Oh hum I get to relax a bit.