Page 119 of 127 FirstFirst ... 114117118119120121124 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1905

Thread: EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    So if some one else scanned Eok Gree AA-A h30, which is a Wolf-Rayet star first discovered by me before we had journals (for both EDSM purposes and Universal Cartographics), I'd finally get my Wolf Hunter badge?
    No, you need to post a journal to EDSM with a scan of a WR star that EDSM hasn't seen before (or with a timestamp earlier than any it has seen at least). Someone else sending a scan for the one in Eok Gree AA-A h30 would get the EDSM credit for themselves, it wouldn't go to you for having logged the system first.

That sucks.

Edit: so even if I flew back there and re-scanned, I couldn't get credit? If so, that's broken.

Hi there, everytime I log in my country of origin seems to default to the US, and I change it to the UK, but it happens every night. Is this a long term bug?

Originally Posted by SALT1R3 View Post (Source)
    Hi there, everytime I log in my country of origin seems to default to the US, and I change it to the UK, but it happens every night. Is this a long term bug?
    Ditto. I thought I had solved this be re-setting it in my prefs, but it has returned.

I think there's something wrong with the galactic record badge (bigger, smaller, hotter, colder). I got that badge today for discovery of the C-star HD 189605 (Lightest C Star, 0.4648 solar masses), although the previous galactic record was (and still is) HD 51208 A (0.4609 solar masses) which is definitly lighter than HD 189605 ?

Originally Posted by Imperios View Post (Source)
    I think there's something wrong with the galactic record badge (bigger, smaller, hotter, colder). I got that badge today for discovery of the C-star HD 189605 (Lightest C Star), although the previous galactic record was (and still is) HD 51208 A which is definitly lighter than HD 189605 ?
    the first 3 records are awarded if I recall.

Originally Posted by AnthorNet View Post (Source)
    the first 3 records are awarded if I recall.
    Hmm that's pretty interesting to know. I while ago i had an S-type star with exactly the same mass & radius as the smallest current record (and didn't got that badge) so i guess that would mean that there are at least 3 other stars with the exact same minimum mass & radius, which would likely mean than that this is the absolute minimum stellar forge can generate for that kind of star ? (just thinking loudly, i know no one can know ^^)

Did you check :Under Settings > Public Profile > Delay scanned celestial bodies until docked? > Off
    Otherwise it needs to wait a little before it is processed.
    That option actually confuses me a bit
    Opposite to all other options on that page it's green when it's "off" and red when it's "on". Assuming the color doesn't mean much i turned it to "On" (red) before i departed to my current trip.
    But my publics profiles flightlog & travel map (as seen when i'm logged out) still show my current system and all entries since last docking as well as a galactic record is shown on the record page that should have been delayed until i'm docking ?

That option actually confuses me a bit
    Opposite to all other options on that page it's green when it's "off" and red when it's "on". Assuming the color doesn't mean much i turned it to "On" (red) before i departed to my current trip.
    But my publics profiles flightlog & travel map (as seen when i'm logged out) still show my current system and all entries since last docking as well as a galactic record is shown on the record page that should have been delayed until i'm docking ?
    As the option says, it only delays scanned bodies until docked. Actually it is waiting for EDDN to insert them, so it's mainly to be coherent with the EDMC option of the same name.

As the option says, it only delays scanned bodies until docked. Actually it is waiting for EDDN to insert them, so it's mainly to be coherent with the EDMC option of the same name.
    So if i use Eddiscovery only the option does nothing ? At least doesn't seem it did delay any body scans as i still saw the record star and all others i scanned before docking (while logged out on edsm site)

So if i use Eddiscovery only the option does nothing ? At least doesn't seem it did delay any body scans as i still saw the record star and all others i scanned before docking (while logged out on edsm site)
    I'm pretty sure EDDiscovery has an option to delay EDDN events too?

I'm pretty sure EDDiscovery has an option to delay EDDN events too?
    You can turn off the automatic upload in the settings tab and then hit the 'Admin->Send unsynced EDDN events' when you're ready.

Just a little message to say that EDSM in conjunction with EDDiscovery is a wonderful tool !

Thanks for this !

Hey guys, love the site! Used it pretty much forever and really appreciate it. You used my picture of Labirinto though, that I posted on Reddit, (MudAlfons on Reddit) and it would be super cool if you could mention that on the POI on the Star Map . You know, just to have some sort of footprint in this whole thing

Cmdr Mudjamalalfons

and again, thanks for this awesome site!

Originally Posted by er1c View Post (Source)
    Just a little message to say that EDSM in conjunction with EDDiscovery is a wonderful tool !

Thanks for this !
    Thanks to you

Originally Posted by MudAlfons View Post (Source)
    Hey guys, love the site! Used it pretty much forever and really appreciate it. You used my picture of Labirinto though, that I posted on Reddit, (MudAlfons on Reddit) and it would be super cool if you could mention that on the POI on the Star Map . You know, just to have some sort of footprint in this whole thing

Cmdr Mudjamalalfons

and again, thanks for this awesome site!
    Sorry to hear that, could you please post here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Expedition-Hub
    The team responsible will handle that.