Page 636 of 636 FirstFirst ... 626632633634635636
Results 9,526 to 9,536 of 9536

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: A Guide to Minor Factions and the Background Sim

Originally Posted by Ian Doncaster View Post (Source)
    The OP's faction hasn't yet exceeded 75%, though - looking at EDSM, they were on 74.8% on Monday, and 74.2% on Tuesday, so not quite enough.
    They were 74.5% last night. Since EDDB is two days out of date there, I checked the only truly reliable way - by going there in the game.

Originally Posted by Patau82 View Post (Source)
    I was told that since 3.0 this is no longer the case? No idea if that is right and dont really want to test it just in case
    Can anyone confirm expansion is still canceled when conflict starts on the same day?
    I cancelled 2 expansions after 3.0 dropped. One was by war and the other election going active on the same day as the expansion. There have been at least two updates since 3.0 though.

Originally Posted by MottiKhan View Post (Source)
    I cancelled 2 expansions after 3.0 dropped. One was by war and the other election going active on the same day as the expansion. There have been at least two updates since 3.0 though.
    Thanks, looked back an it was 2.4 i was told it was changed looks like that was wrong!

To prove that a player faction without any assets can go into expansion before a conflict:

A question if I may, with the BGS wizards that be... I've discovered through certain channels that a certain couple of players may or may not have turned in 160 systems worth of exploration data in one day to turn an influence gain of 12-15% in one day in a system with a population of 2.5 million. Not much else is known, like the state of the influenced faction, but I do understand there seems to be a "bucket" to fill per day.

Is there any resource available that might help me guesstimate how many systems I should turn in for maximum influence gain in a day, only basing on population count of that system?

I fully understand the results may vary, in regards to how much of a swing of influence it gives, wether it be from faction states, other player interactions, system factions, and the like... but I'm more concerned with gaining maximum effectiveness over a period of time with not wasting system data being turned in.

I have also heard that the value of that data does make a marginal difference. I'm not too concerned with that aspect, but it may play a variable.

I do also understand that this is one of those "Black box" questions. I appreciate your time, and have a wonderful day.

That's about right. Each player dropping a few million per system can lift influence by about 5% each so two players doing so will boost the influence that much. However, the influence needs to start at a lower threshold as there are diminishing returns, the higher the influence becomes.

*note* sell per system and not per page.

Originally Posted by Syrelai View Post (Source)
    A question if I may, with the BGS wizards that be... I've discovered through certain channels that a certain couple of players may or may not have turned in 160 systems worth of exploration data in one day to turn an influence gain of 12-15% in one day in a system with a population of 2.5 million. Not much else is known, like the state of the influenced faction, but I do understand there seems to be a "bucket" to fill per day.

Is there any resource available that might help me guesstimate how many systems I should turn in for maximum influence gain in a day, only basing on population count of that system?

I fully understand the results may vary, in regards to how much of a swing of influence it gives, wether it be from faction states, other player interactions, system factions, and the like... but I'm more concerned with gaining maximum effectiveness over a period of time with not wasting system data being turned in.

I have also heard that the value of that data does make a marginal difference. I'm not too concerned with that aspect, but it may play a variable.

I do also understand that this is one of those "Black box" questions. I appreciate your time, and have a wonderful day.
    From experience, go for 50, maybe 60 systems per day. More than that is wasted.

Originally Posted by Sentenza View Post (Source)
    From experience, go for 50, maybe 60 systems per day. More than that is wasted.
    I did the 50-60 systems thing, with system data, not paying any attention to scans or anything, and didn't get anywhere close to worthwhile results.

Upon making the thread I was told also that system data worth 10 million should be the appropriate threshold for a 9.5mil pop system.

I'm aware of only doing data drops by system, never by page. It's still unclear how CR value weighs your contribution compared to transaction count, but I suppose I'll test and see...

I've been out in the black a while and had about 500+ systems casually scanned not knowing what I was doing, and have sinceforth as I approach 1k total systems developed a way to economize my time/money gain. I'm doing a classic trip to Colonia and then to Sag A.... on Economy.

I should be back to Sol with about 2k+ systems worth.

I certainly hope there's no soft cap for player contribution to the bucket.

Originally Posted by Syrelai View Post (Source)
    I did the 50-60 systems thing, with system data, not paying any attention to scans or anything, and didn't get anywhere close to worthwhile results.

Upon making the thread I was told also that system data worth 10 million should be the appropriate threshold for a 9.5mil pop system.

I'm aware of only doing data drops by system, never by page. It's still unclear how CR value weighs your contribution compared to transaction count, but I suppose I'll test and see...

I've been out in the black a while and had about 500+ systems casually scanned not knowing what I was doing, and have sinceforth as I approach 1k total systems developed a way to economize my time/money gain. I'm doing a classic trip to Colonia and then to Sag A.... on Economy.

I should be back to Sol with about 2k+ systems worth.

I certainly hope there's no soft cap for player contribution to the bucket.
    What do you call worthwhile? A 6M system should move at least 5-6%. Just a few weeks ago i tested 40 systems on a 6 billion system, resulting in +3%. Not really worth it for the effort, unless you already have hundred of systems scanned, but significant nonetheless. Sure you can't expect getting +20%...

Originally Posted by Sentenza View Post (Source)
    What do you call worthwhile? A 6M system should move at least 5-6%. Just a few weeks ago i tested 40 systems on a 6 billion system, resulting in +3%. Not really worth it for the effort, unless you already have hundred of systems scanned, but significant nonetheless. Sure you can't expect getting +20%...
    A worthwhile turn would be 200 systems with a 5%+ influence gain in a 9.5mil pop system. I'm just not sure how to get the biggest bang for the buck.

One person says drop 10 million credits worth for maximum swing, another says a certain amount of systems like 50-60. I guess I'll just have to test it myself, to see what provides a bigger move, either 10 million credits worth or 200 flat systems in a day.

Like most things in elite I thought it was by transaction only, not really influenced much by worth of each system. But apparently that seems to count also. Who knows. I'll figure it out I guess. Thanks for the help.

As far as I've seen, the "10 million" value has always persisted as someone's guess at what needs to be supplied, and is, as far as I'm concerned, a myth that rivals "get within 5% influence of another faction to trigger a war" for being wrong, but close enough that people don't realise it's wrong and wonder why they don't always get the results they expect.

Any testing I'm aware of has shown that the value is largely irrelevant and transactions are king, with diminishing returns up to about 35 transactions in high population systems. Low population systems will hit their transaction ceiling earlier, of course.

That's the rule of thumb I've worked on for some time now; happy to be pointed to evidence to the contrary!