Page 639 of 639 FirstFirst ... 629635636637638639
Results 9,571 to 9,579 of 9579

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: A Guide to Minor Factions and the Background Sim

Originally Posted by CrazyDiamond View Post (Source)
    My reading so far suggests that any trade transaction with a profit over 400cr counts as a 'unit' of influence for the tick. So if I had 500t of items where each was in a profit of over 400cr and I sold it one tonne at a time without relogging, would that count as 500 'units' or just 1?
    No. That is an exploit that has been fixed.

If you want to trade for influence, trade a variety of goods that will bring you a profit.

Also, famine isn't a bad state for a faction to be in. They give a lot of good missions when in famine.

Cheers - always more to learn

Galactic Patrol has proven that just because you are outnumbered hundreds to one, your situation isn't necessarily hopeless.
    https://imperium.news/perseverance-t...ite-dangerous/

Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post (Source)
    Galactic Patrol has proven that just because you are outnumbered hundreds to one, your situation isn't necessarily hopeless.
    https://imperium.news/perseverance-t...ite-dangerous/
    Being resilient and not backing down is winning things in the long run. I still can't understand the people who expanded in the past (and some even doing it today) like wildfire without having a concept how to exactly keep all those Systems in check and defended.

Size doesn't matter in the BGS - being able to gain and defend (or when lost, take it back) does matter.

Originally Posted by Ryan Murdoc View Post (Source)
    Being resilient and not backing down is winning things in the long run. I still can't understand the people who expanded in the past (and some even doing it today) like wildfire without having a concept how to exactly keep all those Systems in check and defended.

Size doesn't matter in the BGS - being able to gain and defend (or when lost, take it back) does matter.
    I would say that size is the most significant factor to consider in a BGS war. It's essentially like a tug of war game. Whoever can produce the most influence points per bgs cycle wins.

The biggest improvement FDev could make in my opinion would be to make Faction State operate at the system level, rather than at Faction level. It would open up all kinds of emergent gameplay options.

Currently, a multi-front war is impossible. If your faction is at war 100 light years away, you cannot possibly have a war locally. It's ridiculous, and unrealistic. Faction State should be computed at the System level, not across light-years of space and time at the faction level.

There is not any universe wherein the fact that you at war halfway across the galaxy prevents you from being at war locally right here and now with some other faction. It is completely arbitrary and does not conform to the laws of physics as we know them.

I would say that size is the most significant factor to consider in a BGS war. It's essentially like a tug of war game. Whoever can produce the most influence points per bgs cycle wins.
    Size of players vs. the opposition does matter, I agree with that. What my initial size comment was aimed at however was that (for example) a Wing of 10 people has expanded their PMF / adopted MF into 15-20 or even more Systems and then comes under attack by another Wing who knows what to do. Same what you did with the Diamond Frogs.

If you expand your Faction too far too fast you will regret it in the end.

The biggest improvement FDev could make in my opinion would be to make Faction State operate at the system level, rather than at Faction level. It would open up all kinds of emergent gameplay options..
    That really would be an improvement. Would mean those who want to harm you would need to switch to the appropriate System instead of staying in one to affect everything.

We've had a slight improvement with the implementation of the ATR, yet making those NPCs not follow the culprits through SC (like the Bounty hunters do) makes them a very limited tool.

How do wing missions count towards the BGS? If a wing of four does one wing mission does it count as four missions? Thank you!!

Originally Posted by Romeo Alpha View Post (Source)
    How do wing missions count towards the BGS? If a wing of four does one wing mission does it count as four missions? Thank you!!
    I would expect it counts as 4 missions.

Not only would it be 4 separate transactions, but each CMDR can claim different rewards.

I haven't tested this though.

Originally Posted by Limoncello Lizard View Post (Source)
    I would expect it counts as 4 missions.

Not only would it be 4 separate transactions, but each CMDR can claim different rewards.

I haven't tested this though.
    Not that I've tested, but from several accounts here, only the wing mission, err, owner(?) can hand it in for an influence effect.