Page 623 of 643 FirstFirst ... 618621622623624625628 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 9632

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: A Guide to Minor Factions and the Background Sim

Originally Posted by Ryan Murdoc View Post (Source)
    If that proof is valid you will effectively have proven that FD screwed up with 3.0, because this simply isn't how it worked before or should work at all being in an armed conflict.
    Did i've missed something in the patchnotes or where is stated that it has to be this way during war states?

Also...it wouldn't be the first time somethings NOT working as intended

Originally Posted by Lucius-Darcia View Post (Source)
    Did i've missed something in the patchnotes or where is stated that it has to be this way during war states?

Also...it wouldn't be the first time somethings NOT working as intended
    You simply would effectively counter which has been experienced and working as intended by many people, myself included.

And FD will not mention any major changes to the BGS in patchnotes unless the playerbase repeatedly sent them tickets regarding faulty behaviour or overall illogical workings of itself. Do you really think they'd open this Box of the Pandora unless there's no other way?

Originally Posted by Jimbo Lazy View Post (Source)
    Hi all,

If our group is at war in a system, only bounties or acts of war count for the influence there.

Question: what about the other systems? do only bounties or acts of war count there, or also normal actions (missions, trade,...)?
    Tested in colonia.
    combat bonds contributes for the faction in war in the specific system, where ever you cashed itX
    bh = work in systems you cashed it but usually helps mostly the system owner.

So, dumb(ish) question(s).

Failing a mission (as opposed to abandoning) hurts inf for the issuing faction. Now destinations for deliveries get inf too, does failing hurt both ends?

And secondly, Pilots Federation bonds from Thargoid kills. Do they give Inf during wartime like normal bonds for a specific faction, to the station owner?

what are the ups and downs of an anarchy faction being in control?

Originally Posted by Elbizor View Post (Source)
    what are the ups and downs of an anarchy faction being in control?
    Up: The Law can't touch [this]
    Down: No rest for the [wicked] hauler

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    So, dumb(ish) question(s).

Failing a mission (as opposed to abandoning) hurts inf for the issuing faction. Now destinations for deliveries get inf too, does failing hurt both ends?

And secondly, Pilots Federation bonds from Thargoid kills. Do they give Inf during wartime like normal bonds for a specific faction, to the station owner?
    The Pilot's Federation is its own faction, and as of 2.4 that minor faction doesn't gain influence anymore - its kind of a shadow group like Engineers, they exist with reputation but they don't exert influence.

As for missions... that requires testing. I had not thought of it, but its plausible - but I doubt it.
    My assumption is that the influence is only impacted upon mission delivery, its failure rests with the group that issued it.
    Still, needs testing.

Originally Posted by SciTrekker View Post (Source)
    Up: The Law can't touch [this]
    Down: No rest for the [wicked] hauler
    We, my friends and I, are looking to back a faction we really like the name of. However, its an anarchy faction and I wondered how much of a difference that makes apart from most of the missions will be dodgy

Originally Posted by Lucius-Darcia View Post (Source)
    In my experience, in all other systems that are not on war, missions, passengers and trade work very well.
    Trade works also in the war system very well if traded reactive armor, personal weapons or battle weapons.
    Also in the war system works very well war specific missions like surface scan or assassinating. We did sometimes no combat but only such sort of missioms and got a good boost in influence (traffic was watched with eagle eye so that random people coming around weren't disturbing the results).

Edit:
    Evidence is following
    Our PMF is currently at war in one system. We have chosen another systems where we do only missions and trade today, no bountys or combat bonds (combat bonds have outside of the war system anyways no impact on influence, only to rep).

I will edit this post and publish our data to proof. Expect it to around mid-day tomorrow after the BGS tick.

Edit2
    It will take one tick more sadly. My Hotas has broken in the evening and have to got to the store to get a new one. Won't be back before tick
    Good news: one day of war is remaining. Our PMF has lost influence and gained influence i other systems than the war system. So i was already able to disproof statement about frozen influences in the other systems.
    Lots of changes to be seen. Posts will follow as soon as i have collected everything

Time until new Hotas: 2h
    My PMF was in War, so I did the testing rounds on my side.

Bounteis work fine.
    Bonds did nothing outside the system in conflict.
    Missions had no effect.

So far its working the same as always for me.

Originally Posted by Starwolfe View Post (Source)
    My PMF was in War, so I did the testing rounds on my side.

Bounteis work fine.
    Bonds did nothing outside the system in conflict.
    Missions had no effect.

So far its working the same as always for me.
    Bountys were always the best to boost influence (except during election)
    That bonds outside of war-system have no influence impact was also my statement.
    The result of the missions i will see tomorrow. I've did lots of war related missions such as killing deserteurs, other factions, delivering weapons etc....
    They were also clearly described with "...you helped our war efforts..." and such. Also the availability to choose high influence is also given.

If those missions do not work even if clearly stated, i would raise a bug report and wanna have credits refunds. If they don't raise influence, i could also just choose the cash^^

At next tick we will see more. So far, good night.

So, just to be absolutely clear, bounties DO work in other systems during war/civil war? Because I was strongly under the impression that ALL influence gain mechanics were null and void EXCEPT combat bonds in the system that's actually in the conflict.

Originally Posted by zzUrbanSpaceman View Post (Source)
    So, just to be absolutely clear, bounties DO work in other systems during war/civil war? Because I was strongly under the impression that ALL influence gain mechanics were null and void EXCEPT combat bonds in the system that's actually in the conflict.
    That is correct by my experiences.

Under War and Civil Wars;
    Combat Bonds only work in the system of the conflict.
    Bounties work everywhere.
    Nothing else works - no Trade, Exploration, Missions or Passengers will effect influence.
    That also means Black Markets do not work.

Under Elections;
    Trade, Exploration, Missions or Passengers are the key effects for Influence.
    Bounties do not work anywhere.
    Also, Murder does not work for a faction in an Election.
    However Black Markets will function fine.

Originally Posted by zzUrbanSpaceman View Post (Source)
    Just the other day I increased influence in a system via bonds earned in a different system, and didn't appear to be a side-gain from another faction losing influence. I've had fairly reliable success with it so far.

Originally Posted by Starwolfe View Post (Source)
    That is correct by my experiences.

Under War and Civil Wars;
    Combat Bonds only work in the system of the conflict.
    Bounties work everywhere.
    Nothing else works - no Trade, Exploration, Missions or Passengers will effect influence.
    That also means Black Markets do not work.

Under Elections;
    Trade, Exploration, Missions or Passengers are the key effects for Influence.
    Bounties do not work anywhere.
    Also, Murder does not work for a faction in an Election.
    However Black Markets will function fine.
    I was able to proof that i was wrong. I have to apologize at everyone who i have stated to be wrong. Sorry people, i was wrong and i was able to proof it
    The results are clear. During a war/civil war, nothing except bountyhunting works to raise a factions influence in the other systems than the war system
    I'm really surprised and buffled, because there are war specific missions (such as killing deserteurs, trading weapons etc...) which have the availability to choose "high influence".

The Influence didn't raised and the other factions had to to zero random traffic also no gains/losses. It is a shame in my opinion, to offer Missions that doesn't help the faction even if stated so.

conclusion is, during war/civil war these are he only viable options to boost influence atm:
    War/civil war state system of faction X - Combat Bonds, Bountys
    in all other systems of faction X - Bountys

and nothing else......

Not sure if i should raise a bugreport about this since FDev never confirms/denies if this is intended or not. But this feels like betrayal. I'd like to get a refund for the wasted credits

This is not new to me and I wouldn't consider it a bug. Me and my group have played the BGS that way for a long time now.