Page 11 of 161 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 2401

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club

  1. #151
    Here's the final banner:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turbo_hour.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	329.1 KB 
ID:	92399

    And, thanks to the inimitable robinjb, an old friend will return for the race.
    Name:  joker.png
Views: 160
Size:  37.4 KB

  2. #152
    Any buckyballers considering going to Lavecon 2016?

  3. #153
    I wasn't. If there are going to be racers there I would!

  4. #154
    Originally Posted by furrycat View Post (Source)
    I wasn't. If there are going to be racers there I would!
    I may well be buying tickets tomorrow!

  5. #155
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    I may well be buying tickets tomorrow!
    Gold weekend ticket for Lavecon 2016 now bought. Find me at the bar and shout Buckyball in my ear to claim your complimentary drink!

  6. #156
    Not tempted by the platinum ticket?

  7. #157
    Originally Posted by furrycat View Post (Source)
    Not tempted by the platinum ticket?
    Well, I'm not about to drag my entire gaming rig to the event (and I'm banking on hotel wifi for my laptop) so I don't think I need access to the LAN. Can't remember what else platinum gets you (and the Lavecon website appears to be borked at the moment) but ... no, I don't think so. Shout if I've missed some vitally important feature of the Platinum booking (e.g. a free bar all weekend).

  8. #158
    Apologies if you see this cropping up all over the shop today ... but I'm kinda pleased with it

    For those that are about to jump ...


  9. #159
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Apologies if you see this cropping up all over the shop today ... but I'm kinda pleased with it

    For those that are about to jump ...

    http://youtu.be/cQRnMqEpU4Y
    Anuranium was doing base jumping in the beta.. amongst other things. hes got a vid somewhere. looks like fun.. but wheres the racing
    try running the wasat cup I proposed back at post 112 ,
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post3288388
    its the closest to buckyballing with a buggy I can get for a course. that isn't too long.

    Is there another BRC event this weekend?

  10. #160
    Originally Posted by robinjb View Post (Source)
    Anuranium was doing base jumping in the beta.. amongst other things. hes got a vid somewhere. looks like fun.. but wheres the racing
    try running the wasat cup I proposed back at post 112 ,
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post3288388
    its the closest to buckyballing with a buggy I can get for a course. that isn't too long.

    Is there another BRC event this weekend?
    I'll check that out, thanks. (Edit: checked it out, damn, how'd I miss that, looks good. I'll try it)

    I believe Alot is expecting to unveil the Art of Pandemonium thread this evening.

    Racing starts tomorrow!

  11. #161
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    I believe Alot is expecting to unveil the Art of Pandemonium thread this evening.

    Racing starts tomorrow!
    Or, indeed, right now...

  12. #162
    I'll be posting a teaser thread for Turbo Hour tomorrow, in order to get a link I can send to Zac for inclusion in Friday's newsletter. Because Alot's race is ongoing I intend to post only the backstory to the race; I don't want to divert attention away from Friedrich Peters Ring any more than necessary. Race rules and stuff will be edited in on Friday when the newsletter goes live.

  13. #163
    Originally Posted by furrycat View Post (Source)
    I'll be posting a teaser thread for Turbo Hour tomorrow, in order to get a link I can send to Zac for inclusion in Friday's newsletter. Because Alot's race is ongoing I intend to post only the backstory to the race; I don't want to divert attention away from Friedrich Peters Ring any more than necessary. Race rules and stuff will be edited in on Friday when the newsletter goes live.
    Ooo errr, Buckyball in the newsletter eh? Bigtime! :-)

    P.S. are you sure you're prepared for the possibility of 200 sets of screenshots landing in your inbox on day one?

  14. #164
    So is there any interest in a Beagle Point Challenge?

    I was thinking that it would actually start at Beagle Point (system CEECKIA ZQ-L C24-0) and run to Earth / Wolf 359, that way people could run A* challenge, stroll out to BP, then run back all in the same trip. The reason being that I'd expect a BPC to allow breaks, jumponium, and whatever comes out of crafting; therefore the most direct line would not take you through Sag A*. I'd require your GalMap screenshot while already at Beagle Point to be included in your intent to run.

    Anyway, since there are at least 4 BBRC regulars (or semi-regular, in my case ) going out there, with 2 already underway; it seemed like a good time to address the topic. And since I need to come back as fast as possible anyway for Spring Break, I figured that I'll be doing it one way or another. I just wanted to get the ground rules hammered out before I get there.

  15. #165
    Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)
    So is there any interest in a Beagle Point Challenge?
    I asked that question in the "65000LY from Sol" thread a couple of months ago, and the response seemed to be that there probably wasn't the interest.

Page 11 of 161 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast