Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 151157158159160161
Results 2,401 to 2,414 of 2414

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club

  1. #2401
    Originally Posted by SushiCW View Post (Source)
    Because I was confused... it's page 18 of the PDF, but pages 28-29 in the magazine.
    Doh! Thanks for the correction. o7

  2. #2402
    Here's the final "Falling with Style" scoreboard for use on the website (i.e. without the final days entries highlighted).


  3. #2403
    Great, thanks Alec.

    While I'm posting, let me just leave this here for now...


    A signature-sized version can be found at buckyballracing.org.uk/images/closeencounters_sig.png

  4. #2404
    Hey guys, quick question ... anyone know where the best/most accurate written history of the Buckyball Racing Club can be found?

  5. #2405
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Hey guys, quick question ... anyone know where the best/most accurate written history of the Buckyball Racing Club can be found?
    I can't rememeber whether anyone has written a history - other than your discography and the website's Past Events section.

    This is the original thread though:

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Buckyball-Runs

    The first few pages of posts contain the origins - including some guy called Alec Turner first mentioning the name Buckyball Racing Club.

  6. #2406
    Originally Posted by Raiko View Post (Source)
    I can't rememeber whether anyone has written a history - other than your discography and the website's Past Events section.

    This is the original thread though:

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Buckyball-Runs

    The first few pages of posts contain the origins - including some guy called Alec Turner first mentioning the name Buckyball Racing Club.
    Wow, now there's a thread I haven't seen in a long time. Fascinating reading. Quite a lot from some chap called Raiko as well. Also - Burning Toast?!?!? - what the hell kind of name for a race series would that have been? What the hell was I drinking when I wrote that???

  7. #2407
    Hello.

    New racer here. After trying it at Lavecon I think that this can be my kind of stuff. Thank you to the guys in the Lavecon that had the patience to show me what it was about.

    Cheers.

  8. #2408
    Originally Posted by Maya Fey View Post (Source)
    Hello.

    New racer here. After trying it at Lavecon I think that this can be my kind of stuff. Thank you to the guys in the Lavecon that had the patience to show me what it was about.

    Cheers.
    Hi Maya, did we speak after the Conclave on Saturday? Either way, glad you found us and look forward to seeing you in the next race. I dare say it will be mentioned in this thread but also keep an eye on http://www.buckyballracing.org.uk/index.html where the banner for the next race (currently "Close Encounters") will become a link to a new forum thread closer to the time.

    o7

  9. #2409
    Not directly Buckyball related but a terrific report from SAGi on Hanekura's galactic circumnavigation record.



    Also a quick shoutout just to say what a brilliant weekend we had at Lavecon. We had myself, drakhyr, furrycat, alot, ozric, alex brentnall and numerous other Buckyball fans in attendance as well as a few new recruits following the weekend I believe. Drakhyr and furrycat ran a fantastic race over the weekend (more news on that incl. scoreboard, etc, soon I suspect), I spoke a bit about what we do in the Lave Radio Conclave discussion (I'm hoping a recording of that might surface in due course) and we also did a big group interview with Cmdr Souvarine from Sagittarius Eye magazine which I believe will be appearing as a feature article in the July issue (done in a similar style to the "Conquerors of Worlds" article on the Planetary Circumnavigation Club in issue #9).

    http://www.sagittarius-eye.com/

  10. #2410
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    I spoke a bit about what we do in the Lave Radio Conclave discussion (I'm hoping a recording of that might surface in due course)
    Never entirely comfortable seeing or hearing recorded versions of myself (cringe) but in case anyone's interested in what I said about racing during the Lavecon Conclave discussion I managed to find it here:

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/271209822?t=01h55m31s

    To be honest, once they started talking to the rest of the panel about the broken BGS and stuff like that I didn't get much of a look-in so it's probably only worth watching the 1st 5 minutes or so.

  11. #2411
    No one likes hearing their own voice. Don't worry, you sound like you.

    Listening to the panel was quite interesting. Shame I missed that.

  12. #2412
    Race thread for Close Encounters is now up (as is another one just to hold the details of the Lavecon Buckyball Race for posterity).

  13. #2413
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Wow, now there's a thread I haven't seen in a long time. Fascinating reading. Quite a lot from some chap called Raiko as well. Also - Burning Toast?!?!? - what the hell kind of name for a race series would that have been? What the hell was I drinking when I wrote that???
    Indeed, that was a curious reading. As someone coming relatively late to the party, a heartfelt "Thank you" to everyone present at the time for not having settled on the name "Whiffleball".

    Originally Posted by Maya Fey View Post (Source)
    Hello.

    New racer here. After trying it at Lavecon I think that this can be my kind of stuff. Thank you to the guys in the Lavecon that had the patience to show me what it was about.

    Cheers.
    Welcome to the fun part of the Universe, hope to meet you speeding around. Fly reckless o7

    Originally Posted by furrycat View Post (Source)
    No one likes hearing their own voice. Don't worry, you sound like you.
    In my case it's usually other people being worried that I sound like me. I'm just lucky my voice sounds a little more normal from the inside of the head or I'd have a hard time being comfortable with speaking around in general.

    @Alec - loved your visceral description of approaching a station, the Buckyball way. And they say we Italians gesticulate too much.
    (by the way, that's totally true, can confirm.)

  14. #2414
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Hi Maya, did we speak after the Conclave on Saturday? Either way, glad you found us and look forward to seeing you in the next race. I dare say it will be mentioned in this thread but also keep an eye on http://www.buckyballracing.org.uk/index.html where the banner for the next race (currently "Close Encounters") will become a link to a new forum thread closer to the time.

    o7
    Hello Alec. Sorry for not answering, I use to avoid the forums. Yeeees, I completed my first race today, and recorded it and all.
    I will have another go this evening, let see if I can do it better.
    It was so great!! Whoever chose the landing sites has to be properly congratulated. Each aproach different. Thank you so much, guys. It's really my kind of competition. I can play with the environment and challenge myself. I am sure I will end up in the last positions... but I don't care. I love this.
    By the way, the web is really cool.

    Cheers.