Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9121314

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: VR minimum specification for Elite Dangerous (DK2)

Hi,
    I am a newbie too. I downloaded an X52 Profile for ED. Do a search for X52EliteV223. Hat 1 works the menus up down within the game. I mapped e and q to rotary 1 in the bands mode and button E as the Select button. I works really well for me. I tried to use VoiceAssist but couldnt get it to work for me. The last issue for me is the galaxy map, which is a prime pain in the a**e in VR.

For the galaxy map, I found the best approach is to map the galaxy map controls to your joystick/hotas. I've got translation controls mapped to the hat, angle controls mapped to the stick, zoom to buttons, select to the trigger, and so on. It isn't perfect, since there are a few things I still seem to need the mouse for, but it's 100% better.

And just FYI, I was playing on medium settings, DK2 on an I7 with 8 gigs and an nvidia760, and it was generally like glass. I've since upgraded to 16 gigs and a 780 and was able to increase several settings to high. I don't know if I'm just lucky or what, but I haven't needed the top-end hardware to enjoy VR.

I know this is an old thread, but maybe someone is looking...

My old GTX 960 was unusable with my Rift Touch, but I was given a GeForce GTX 1050Ti. Whilst the card works well with other less graphically-intensive programs, it will not cope with Elite Dangerous. Should it be able to do so with a change of settings, or should I go for a 1080? My cpu is a 4 core i5-6600k @ 3.5GHz.

Any comments or advice would be welcome.

I guess it should be playable on vr low, no supersampling.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9121314