Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Keyboard and HOTAS Reference Sheet Generator

Originally Posted by Avago Ero View Post (Source)
    I guess by Modifier you mean like a Shift key to double up the key functions? I've heard of something like this but I can't find a 'Shift' option in the ED Controls Menu. If this is the case, about a Modifier button, how do you do it? Cheers.
    Just press two buttons at the same time in the keybindings menu. With the shift key or modifier function we mean that you can assign multiple things to the same button. For example when i press Button 7 and button 1 on my joystick and throttle i deploy or retract my weapons, but if i only press button 1 i shoot with the weapons.
    I wish more games did this.

Edit: haha. I guess i type really slow, because by the time i hit reply there are 3 replies before me.

Cheers Alshain, jgm & Nolfy. I will try that in a bit. I'm assuming the first button I press will be regarded as the Modifier, I'll see anyway.

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by jgm View Post (Source)
    With the advent of Horizons there are even more bindings to remember, so it's a good time to generate a reference sheet for your own customised configuration.

The reference sheet generator has been updated and is available at http://www.mcdee.net/elite/ It takes a copy of your custom binds file and generates reference sheets for you for both keyboard and HOTAS. Details of how to use it are available on the site.

If you find any problems with the files that are generated, would like another product supported, or have any general comments then please put them here. Thank you, and I hope that you find this useful.

Very Nice. Thank you for sharing!

Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    Now that's clever. I change my bindings more often that I change my underwear so this will save loads of paper (and time).

How about a "save to PDF" function?
    You could always print it to a pdf file.

If you need a good free pdf creator, you could try NitroPDF
    https://www.gonitro.com/pdf-reader

NitroPDF

Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    Now that's clever. I change my bindings more often that I change my underwear so this will save loads of paper (and time).

How about a "save to PDF" function?
    CutePDF will allow you to print anything to a PDF file.

I have an X52 with button 32 set to Flight Assist and button 31 is my chaff launcher. Your tool writes the Button 31 (Launch Chaff) in the box for Button 32 (and jumbles it with the Flight assist text). Button 31 is the silver thing next to the blue wobble stick on the throttle.

Name:  ecuvae-x52.jpg
Views: 2892
Size:  204.4 KB

Originally Posted by Saltyseadog View Post (Source)
    Great Tool thanks for taking the time.
    +1 Also wanted to say thanks for this. It was very helpful as a quick visual for me when coming back to the game after an extended break

Originally Posted by Cadeyrn Toralen View Post (Source)
    I have an X52 with button 32 set to Flight Assist and button 31 is my chaff launcher. Your tool writes the Button 31 (Launch Chaff) in the box for Button 32 (and jumbles it with the Flight assist text). Button 31 is the silver thing next to the blue wobble stick on the throttle.
    Thanks for reporting this. I've updated the code to put button 31 in the correct place and http://www.mcdee.net/elite/binds/ecuvae should now represent this properly.

Do you use the wheel on the back of the throttle for anything? For the X-52 Pro I've been informed that although it's a rotary the 'scroll up' and 'scroll down' commands show up as digital controls, like button presses. Is this the same with the X-52? If so I can rework the reference sheet to show this correctly.

I play on a Mac (not in boot camp) and while I can attempt to assign a function to the wheel, it does not actually work in the game. Therefore, no, I do not use it for anything. Thanks for making the update. This is a wonderful tool.

Awesome tool, repped!
    I would be very grateful if you expand it to the Thrustmaster Warthog as well.

Originally Posted by jgm View Post (Source)
    With the advent of Horizons there are even more bindings to remember, so it's a good time to generate a reference sheet for your own customised configuration.

The reference sheet generator has been updated and is available at http://www.mcdee.net/elite/ It takes a copy of your custom binds file and generates reference sheets for you for both keyboard and HOTAS. Details of how to use it are available on the site.

If you find any problems with the files that are generated, would like another product supported, or have any general comments then please put them here. Thank you, and I hope that you find this useful.
    I use 2 different products, a ch throttle and a warthog flight stick. Is there a way of having it generate the 2 together or a mix of items? It generates my throttle controls but expects a ch flightstick so leaves those blank.

Except that the layout and the info is wonderful.

Originally Posted by RipperJack View Post (Source)
    I use 2 different products, a ch throttle and a warthog flight stick. Is there a way of having it generate the 2 together or a mix of items? It generates my throttle controls but expects a ch flightstick so leaves those blank.

Except that the layout and the info is wonderful.
    The Warthog isn't supported at the moment. When it is you would receive two sheets, one for the Warthog and one for the Throttle.

Most excellent, Have some rep

Okay, due to popular demand I'm going to attempt to add support for the Thrustmaster Warthog to the reference sheet generator. As I don't have one I will only be able to do this with assistance from the community.

The first thing I will need is samples of existing configurations. If you currently have a Warthog and are using it, and wish to help out, then you will need to send me a copy of your custom binds file (which should be in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\Custom.1.8.binds) as well as a completed template form. If you already have your own template form filled out feel free to send that along, otherwise please use the template as shown below.

Once I have a few of these I can correlate which buttons on the Warthog relate to which buttons in the binds files (although there are various sources for this on the internet I have found when working with other HOTAS that a lot of the information out there is incorrect and leads to confusion). I can them add this to the reference sheet generator and that should be that.

Please note that the template below is my current understanding of the various switches and buttons on the HOTAS. It's quite possible that I have some of this wrong as I'm going on pictures as to what each control does. Digital controls show as a single press or arrow on the template, and analogue controls show as a dual arrow. If anything here looks incorrect please do let me know and I'll update it accordingly.

Thank you in advance for your help in adding the Warthog as a supported HOTAS.

Name:  warthog.jpg
Views: 1624
Size:  160.5 KB

Great work, jgm!

A quick question to clarify. On the Warthog sheet, the bottom image shows the throttle from the front. Do you still expect the left/back and right/forward actions to be from the user's perspective in-game (recommend, imho), or directly related to the pic so the user has to mentally flip the image/functions? Up/down is usually pretty self-explanatory.

Originally Posted by Cliché View Post (Source)
    Great work, jgm!

A quick question to clarify. On the Warthog sheet, the bottom image shows the throttle from the front. Do you still expect the left/back and right/forward actions to be from the user's perspective in-game (recommend, imho), or directly related to the pic so the user has to mentally flip the image/functions? Up/down is usually pretty self-explanatory.
    Good question. It should be from the user's perspective.

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast