Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Keyboard and HOTAS Reference Sheet Generator

Thanks for those who have sent me their Warthog binds, however I need more so that I can map every control as well as confirm those that I have been provided with so far. If you do have a Warthog and would like it supported please fill out the template file a few posts up and either post it and your custom binds file here or PM them to me. Thanks.

Really cool tool.

Would it be possible to get it to recognise multiple joystick inputs? I have a CH Throttle and Thrustmaster T.16000m, and only the Thrustmaster shows up.

Originally Posted by WreckWren View Post (Source)
    Really cool tool.

Would it be possible to get it to recognise multiple joystick inputs? I have a CH Throttle and Thrustmaster T.16000m, and only the Thrustmaster shows up.
    It should work. Can you send me the binds link and I'll take a look at it?

Originally Posted by WreckWren View Post (Source)
    Here we are (assuming these links are unique?)

http://www.mcdee.net/elite/configs/qlpsgz.binds
    I haven't seen that ID for the CH throttle before. If it has the same as the standard mappings for the throttle then http://www.mcdee.net/elite/binds/qlpsgz should now show the correct values. Please let me know if it does, and if it doesn't which ones are incorrect. Thanks.

Unfortunately i'm getting this error when i click to generate. I'm using the Thrustmaster T flight HOTAS. Any ideas?
    A problem occurred in a Python script. Here is the sequence of function calls leading up to the error, in the order they occurred.

This looks great, I uploaded my binds file to view it and noticed some are "blank".

The ones blank are the ones where I use the software that comes with my x52 and have some macros. E.g. The fire button, on full trigger it changes my power distribution to have full weapon pips, The pinky works in "mode 1 (red)" to deploy hardpoint.

So maybe a 2nd option to upload a file from the software might be a good idea.

Edit: here is the link to my bindings: http://www.mcdee.net/elite/configs/gpgtmi.binds

Originally Posted by Cmdr Spencer View Post (Source)
    Unfortunately i'm getting this error when i click to generate. I'm using the Thrustmaster T flight HOTAS. Any ideas?
    Yep you found a bug. It's been fixed so please give it another go and see if it works for you now.

Originally Posted by harag View Post (Source)
    This looks great, I uploaded my binds file to view it and noticed some are "blank".

The ones blank are the ones where I use the software that comes with my x52 and have some macros. E.g. The fire button, on full trigger it changes my power distribution to have full weapon pips, The pinky works in "mode 1 (red)" to deploy hardpoint.

So maybe a 2nd option to upload a file from the software might be a good idea.

Edit: here is the link to my bindings: http://www.mcdee.net/elite/configs/gpgtmi.binds
    The problem with attempting to use the X52 software configuration (or any of the external managers) is that because it's a macro generator there could be anything at all in there and it becomes next-to-impossible to work through all of the combinations. Even something as simple as having full weapon pips is not something that could easily be described on the reference sheet generator; for example if there's a clear macro that can be parsed out I could obtain the details but it would look something like "equalise power;increase power to weapons;increase power to weapons;increase power to weapons" which wouldn't be very legible.

Let me have a think about this one and see if I can come up with a good way of handling external commands.

Dangerous Global Moderator Flossy's Avatar
    This looks great! I too have the Thrustmaster Warthog, and if it helps I have posted a link to my bindings file. My diagrams show all the 'joystick' button numbers, though on the throttle POV2 shows as another POV1 in the Elite Controls. Any extra joystick buttons in the bindings file are for a third controller, a Thrustmaster MFD. Hope you find these helpful.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...stom.1.8.binds

I just picked up a Warthog today at Microcenter and was mapping out all of the controls when I saw this post.

As you can see, mine is a bit less sophisticated:

Name:  20151220_163414.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  362.9 KB

But I filled that sheet out for you with which button is where on the stick, I hope this helps. It was easier for me then going through and writing each spot out since I don't have my setup memorized yet, and I zipped up and attached my custom binds file in case you still want that.

Name:  warthog-2.jpg
Views: 1517
Size:  467.3 KB

Custom.1.8.binds.zip

Originally Posted by Flossy View Post (Source)
    This looks great! I too have the Thrustmaster Warthog, and if it helps I have posted a link to my bindings file.
    Originally Posted by Ratneck View Post (Source)
    I just picked up a Warthog today at Microcenter and was mapping out all of the controls when I saw this post.
    Many thanks for these, they have helped me to reach the stage where I believe that I have the mappings in place. Give it a go and see how they look.

Looks Good! I've still got a ways to go to finish my setup, but this should make figuring out the new positions of stuff way easier, thanks!

http://www.mcdee.net/elite/binds/ovkfdx

It is truly an excellent program that has saved me a ton of headaches getting these switches straight. RTY3 and RTY4 rotary switches on the X55 are mapped in reverse for me. The print out shows reversed positions for the functions I've assigned them. I verified the error by saving a bind file and reversing the RYAxis to RZAxis and then generating a print out from that bind. The functions appeared correctly by doing this but if I actually use that bind file the functions are reversed. Hope I made sense. Don't know if this happens to everyone but it is repeatable for me. Anyway, love the program!

<ShipSpotLightToggle>
    <Primary Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Pos_Joy_RYAxis" /> <-------This is switch RTY4 but it generates as RTY3
    <Secondary Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Neg_Joy_RYAxis" />
    </ShipSpotLightToggle>
    <RadarRangeAxis>
    <Binding Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Joy_RZAxis" /> <-------This is switch RT3 but it generates as RTY4
    <Inverted Value="0" />
    <Deadzone Value="0.00000000" />
    </RadarRangeAxis>

Originally Posted by Dege View Post (Source)
    It is truly an excellent program that has saved me a ton of headaches getting these switches straight. RTY3 and RTY4 rotary switches on the X55 are mapped in reverse for me. The print out shows reversed positions for the functions I've assigned them. I verified the error by saving a bind file and reversing the RYAxis to RZAxis and then generating a print out from that bind. The functions appeared correctly by doing this but if I actually use that bind file the functions are reversed. Hope I made sense. Don't know if this happens to everyone but it is repeatable for me. Anyway, love the program!

<ShipSpotLightToggle>
    <Primary Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Pos_Joy_RYAxis" /> <-------This is switch RTY4 but it generates as RTY3
    <Secondary Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Neg_Joy_RYAxis" />
    </ShipSpotLightToggle>
    <RadarRangeAxis>
    <Binding Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Joy_RZAxis" /> <-------This is switch RT3 but it generates as RTY4
    <Inverted Value="0" />
    <Deadzone Value="0.00000000" />
    </RadarRangeAxis>
    Thanks for reporting this. Please could you send me a link to your binds so that I can take a look at this?

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast